Gt fury shock linkage?

PB Forum :: GT
Gt fury shock linkage?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Nov 14, 2019 at 7:55 Quote
Has anyone removed the shock linkage from their ‘18 or similar fury? Kind of a pain to adjust rebound with my huge sausage fingers. I also noticed a pic of Bulldogs bike when he was racing for them with the linkage removed. Was wondering if it made the suspension characteristics smoother. And the sanction is a “scaled down version” of the fury and it doesn’t have it.

Posted: Apr 21, 2021 at 22:49 Quote
ryankxf wrote:
Has anyone removed the shock linkage from their ‘18 or similar fury? Kind of a pain to adjust rebound with my huge sausage fingers. I also noticed a pic of Bulldogs bike when he was racing for them with the linkage removed. Was wondering if it made the suspension characteristics smoother. And the sanction is a “scaled down version” of the fury and it doesn’t have it.

I hear u man. I've got a 2017 Fury, the rebound was super hard to adjust, and I took off the part u were referring to on my bike when I was going to swap the bearings, I think it's called " swinglink ", and I've been going like that for half a year now. I've bottomed out and roosted many many times, but it's haven't had any problems so far, so should be alright?
ps: I've always wondered what does the swinglink actually help, I think it might just adds to the stiffness sideways and potentially share some forces when u bottom out?

Posted: Apr 22, 2021 at 12:18 Quote
It’s been a little while but I just took it off after I posted that. I felt pretty much no difference, maybe a little more plush but all is well and way easier to adjust rebound for my monster hands.

Posted: Apr 23, 2021 at 12:16 Quote
ryankxf wrote:
It’s been a little while but I just took it off after I posted that. I felt pretty much no difference, maybe a little more plush but all is well and way easier to adjust rebound for my monster hands.

Hey, have you ever remove the bb shell from the main part of the frame on your fury??

Posted: Apr 23, 2021 at 22:07 Quote
Nope, never heard of maintenance. Unless it’s broke I’ll just leave it be.

O+ FL
Posted: Jun 28, 2021 at 9:38 Quote
hey !

Gee at some point (very muddy race), rode without it (to decrease the stiffness) .

have you practiced riding without an upper link ?
(to make the bike more 'mortal' rider friendly) ?

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009202
Mobile Version of Website