Carbon 'bits'on aluminium frame?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Carbon 'bits'on aluminium frame?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Nov 14, 2019 at 9:58 Quote
Is there going to be any noticable advantage to fitting Carbon bars, seat stem, seat on a Sonder Evol with aluminium frame, apart from slight weight gain. Or just no point really?
Cheers, Staley50.

Posted: Nov 14, 2019 at 10:02 Quote
Carbon = Weight gain and stiffness.
The second is not always a plus. Depends on the complete build. Too much carbon (frame + wheels + stem + handlebars) can feel too harsh.

Posted: Nov 14, 2019 at 14:48 Quote
? Weight loss is usually associated with carbon. You want stiff in areas and you want compliance in others. Designed right, carbon gives you both. Moving to a carbon frame I instantly noticed how much better the bike behaved, tracked. My Renthal Carbon Lite bars instantly took the chatter out of the bars on choppy, rooty terrain. Carbon rims did the same for me. For me, just adding a carbon bit for the sake of it is not worth it. There needs to be a factor of performance benefit involved. IOW, I doubt I would add a carbon seat as I don't see any real benefit.

Posted: Nov 15, 2019 at 14:37 Quote
Good carbon bars are actually less weight, stiffer in the steering direction while reducing tiny chatter and vibrations resulting in less hand fatigue. Also during the winter, they don't transfer as much cold through the grips to your hands like aluminum does.

Posted: Nov 15, 2019 at 14:56 Quote
THANKS FOR VALUABLE INFO GUYS!
Staley50.

Posted: Nov 16, 2019 at 13:03 Quote
Staley50 wrote:
Is there going to be any noticable advantage to fitting Carbon bars, seat stem, seat on a Sonder Evol with aluminium frame, apart from slight weight gain. Or just no point really?
Cheers, Staley50.

No point unless you are racing Big Grin

O+
Posted: Nov 16, 2019 at 20:01 Quote
I just got the we are one the package and it is blow your mind amazing. At a less expensive pinpoint, one up makes a pretty slick carbon cockpit.

Carbon seat? Would never put it on a trail bike

Carbon seaport? What no dropper? Or is it an XC race machine? Some people think the carbon seatposts offer some comfort.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008329
Mobile Version of Website