Gloss or Matte Paint. What are your experiences.?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Gloss or Matte Paint. What are your experiences.?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Nov 16, 2019 at 16:54 Quote
I will be purchasing a new Bike in the next month and wanted to get some feedback .
I have narrowed my bike choice down to a bike that has either a Matte Black finish or a Gloss paint job.
Long term finish of Matte paint, Long term durability Matte paint. Does it fade?
I have never owned a Matte bike and wanted to know what your experiences are? IF you had to do it over again would you go Matte or Gloss?

Either way I will be putting on a full Invisiframe ( gloss or matte ) and so hopefully I can eliminate 90% of any little rock chips and dings. And I will double up the film protection in typical areas to further prevent damage
I take very good care of my bikes and clean them after every ride, so it will be taken care of.

So Gloss or Matte? and Why?

Posted: Nov 16, 2019 at 19:00 Quote
Matte can be a real mother to keep clean. Not too many bikes with fading paint anymore. Last one I really remember that had that problem were Pivot Mach 6s pre-2017.

Posted: Nov 16, 2019 at 19:53 Quote
Matte is so disappointing to clean. Even after you clean it, it still looks meh. It is also a pain to get streaks out of. Polished bikes are nice to clean as they look awesome when you are done. That being said if you are wrapping them both up, the cleaning would be identical. Also, durability is a non-issue with how much wrap you are putting on it. In your situation I'd just go for the colour/finish you like.

Posted: Nov 17, 2019 at 6:43 Quote
If you’re a clean freak, gloss. Matte shows every speck of dust, sweat residue etc.

Posted: Nov 17, 2019 at 14:50 Quote
Yep. I have wrapped all my bikes and with gloss you can barely tell it is there. With matte, very obvious. And I will agree with the cleaning. Seems like the matte is almost porous and holds dirt, every time you touch it without clean hands. Had two 19 models bike and loved the color/gloss on one of them, but did not like it as much to ride, so I am dealing with the matte.

Matte is something you love in the store, not once you get it home. Haha

Also, the matte wrap does not blend as well as the gloss wrap does with gloss. Luv the shine.

Posted: Nov 17, 2019 at 15:05 Quote
Thanks Guys. I appreciate the feedback.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008266
Mobile Version of Website