How Do I Wrap A Frame?

Previous Page |
Posted: Nov 19, 2019 at 5:26 Quote
I have an internally routed hardtail frame I want to wrap. I would like to leave the letters exposed. Does anyone have any tips or tricks? Anything helps, thanks!

Posted: Nov 19, 2019 at 7:16 Quote
Why though? Are you wrapping it a different color other than clear?

You could take some paper and sketch over it with the letters behind to give you an indentation, and then transfer that to the wrap. Might not be perfect though and would likely require some trimming and non-OCD on your end

Posted: Nov 19, 2019 at 8:28 Quote
yeah, why would you want to leave the letters exposed? I would cover mine up, if I was wrapping in clear

Posted: Nov 19, 2019 at 9:01 Quote
traqs wrote:
yeah, why would you want to leave the letters exposed? I would cover mine up, if I was wrapping in clear
I'm gonna wrap it in Realtree or something like that.

Posted: Nov 19, 2019 at 9:06 Quote
oh thats gonna look sick. Something you could do is just take the decals off, buy some new of the same decals, and put them on over the wrap

Posted: Nov 19, 2019 at 9:10 Quote
traqs wrote:
oh thats gonna look sick. Something you could do is just take the decals off, buy some new of the same decals, and put them on over the wrap
Good idea. Or, to keep the cost down, should I just cover the decals and letters with Realtree.

Posted: Nov 19, 2019 at 9:12 Quote
hundred percent up to you mate, but if you really want the decals, you would have to buy knew, i don't see any other way that you could wrap that

Posted: Nov 19, 2019 at 9:12 Quote
but If you are not going to have decals, I would take them off so that you don't have the bumps from them

Posted: Nov 19, 2019 at 9:15 Quote
traqs wrote:
but If you are not going to have decals, I would take them off so that you don't have the bumps from them
Good thought, I wouldn't have done that and it might've looked terrible.

Posted: Nov 19, 2019 at 9:17 Quote
yeah, I know on my bikes at least, the decals are slightly raised

Posted: Nov 19, 2019 at 9:18 Quote
I don't know if it's paint or decals yet, but I'll find out when I get the bike.

Posted: Nov 19, 2019 at 9:20 Quote
yeah, if its paint, you might want to do like a black coat (or color of the frame) over the paint, cause depending on how transparent your wrap is, you might still see it, but not be able to read it, and it will look horrendous

Posted: Nov 19, 2019 at 9:21 Quote
what bike is it?

Posted: Nov 19, 2019 at 9:21 Quote
Commencal Meta HT AM Origin

Posted: Nov 19, 2019 at 9:22 Quote
I'm on a budget being a student and all.

Previous Page |

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009792
Mobile Version of Website