Fox Racing vs Troy Lee Designs

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Fox Racing vs Troy Lee Designs
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Nov 20, 2019 at 12:46 Quote
Hey all just out of curiosity , which out these two brands would you rate or like over the other and why. Now its the brand as a whole from customer service, Quality of the products whats better made, ride gear from pads to jerseys and gloves and helmets. the clothes like tee and hoodies, caps and beanies etc.

So with all this in mind and possibly more , which is best over all Fox or Troy Lee Designs. Share which is is yours and why see your thoughts.

Mine is, i'm on fence at mo, as I got both. for me TLD helmets feel well made compared to Fox once but with Fox theres more options in the ride gear I need.
got both clothes as well and do nice clothes.

Posted: Nov 20, 2019 at 16:03 Quote
TLD seems more core than Fox to me. Both brands have high quality standards and cool designs, but I like Troy's sense of style better.

Posted: Nov 21, 2019 at 7:59 Quote
Mix of both for me.

My head won't fit in a XXL Fox DH helmets, but does in a XXL D3. For the knee pads, neither brand offer a knee pad big enough for my calves and thighs (haven't tried the latest TLD in XXL though). For the rest, I like the fit on Fox's offering better.

But then I just have clothes/gear from a variety of brands (mavic, endura, arcteryx, fox, tld, ixs, 661, ...), just using whatever fits best for the use I have of the product.

Posted: Nov 21, 2019 at 18:44 Quote
Just bought a TLD Stage and it's the best fitting bicycle helmet I've ever owned. Seems to be very well made with the highest quality padding I've seen in any bike helmet yet. It fits much more like a motocross helmet which is what I was looking for.

Fox gloves fit me perfectly. The length of each finger is an exact match for my hands.

So I use both.

I researched a ton of knee pads before buying my last pair. I ended up with IXS Dagger pads. Light and flexible enough for 30+ mile rides but still had side knee protection and partial shin protection. They fit great, had some chaffing at first but after 150 miles of riding they've broken in well these past two weeks.

Posted: Nov 22, 2019 at 15:16 Quote
Dkutassy wrote:
Just bought a TLD Stage and it's the best fitting bicycle helmet I've ever owned. Seems to be very well made with the highest quality padding I've seen in any bike helmet yet. It fits much more like a motocross helmet which is what I was looking for.

Fox gloves fit me perfectly. The length of each finger is an exact match for my hands.

So I use both.

I researched a ton of knee pads before buying my last pair. I ended up with IXS Dagger pads. Light and flexible enough for 30+ mile rides but still had side knee protection and partial shin protection. They fit great, had some chaffing at first but after 150 miles of riding they've broken in well these past two weeks.

I find that I like to have all the gear of the same brand and I know limits options but just love it that way. Dont know why. I had a TLd helmet fitted very nice shame sold it and regret it now.

Posted: Nov 22, 2019 at 15:17 Quote
Falcon991 wrote:
TLD seems more core than Fox to me. Both brands have high quality standards and cool designs, but I like Troy's sense of style better.
. Yh I agree why drawn more to it.

Posted: Nov 22, 2019 at 17:22 Quote
I personally like how Fox helmets look over TLD, but I like both of their other gear, although I'd probably go Fox to keep everything consistent

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006945
Mobile Version of Website