Recommendations for a new trail bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Recommendations for a new trail bike
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Nov 21, 2019 at 10:47 Quote
For those who feel like weighing in, I'm looking to buy a full suspension set up for riding our local MTB trails in Ky - nothing crazy but some technical rocky rutted stuff and plenty of climbing.

Been researching but man there's a lot more to consider than there used to be. Been looking at Giant, Canyon, YT, Trek, Specialized, Norco and Scott - so many models though.

27.5 or 29
How much travel
Buy new (closer to base model) or used upper model

Budget is between $1500-3k if I found a steal on something but would like to keep closer to $2k.

Thx in advance!

Posted: Nov 21, 2019 at 14:25 Quote
Unless you're in the mountains and plan to hit up bike parks I'd go with a shortish travel 29er. The Trance 29er would be a good option.

Posted: Nov 21, 2019 at 21:41 Quote
Check out VitalMtb's recent review of new $2k bikes. Seemed pretty helpful.

Posted: Nov 22, 2019 at 2:19 Quote
shalbleib wrote:
For those who feel like weighing in, I'm looking to buy a full suspension set up for riding our local MTB trails in Ky - nothing crazy but some technical rocky rutted stuff and plenty of climbing.

Been researching but man there's a lot more to consider than there used to be. Been looking at Giant, Canyon, YT, Trek, Specialized, Norco and Scott - so many models though.

27.5 or 29
How much travel
Buy new (closer to base model) or used upper model

Budget is between $1500-3k if I found a steal on something but would like to keep closer to $2k.

Thx in advance!
Go for the one you can demo, you are looking at Trail/AM bike category - in general you will get better price/performance with Giant, Canyon, YT than other brands you named (unless you get a very good deal). You cannot buy bad bike with that budget these days :-)

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008210
Mobile Version of Website