2020 Hightower with DHR up front?

PB Forum :: 29ers
2020 Hightower with DHR up front?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Nov 21, 2019 at 13:02 Quote
I’m demoing a 2020 Hightower carbon S build from a dealer in Burlington. It has minion DHRs both front and rear. Feels weird having a rear upfront. The guy in the store says that’s the way they get them from Santa Cruz. But specs on SC website calls for a DHF upfront. Do they really come stock with rears or is someone talking smack?

Posted: Nov 21, 2019 at 14:27 Quote
The DHR2 was designed primarily as a rear tire but not exclusively. Lots of World Cup DH races have been won with a DHR2 up front.

Posted: Nov 21, 2019 at 18:04 Quote
They change specs sometimes mid flight. My HTLT came with DHR's front and rear. I ran a dhr through the winter last year. I noticed no difference vs other tires, at least design wise.

Posted: Nov 21, 2019 at 18:10 Quote
Weird. Good to know. Guess I can’t blame the DHR upfront for my slide out turn in deep mud that caused me to eat a tree Wink . Fun demo ride though. Torn between Hightower and Tallboy. Both seem epic coming from a 26” Blur.

Posted: Nov 21, 2019 at 18:27 Quote
LOL. I slid out over an off camber rooty turn the other day with tires that work really well. Adjusted the rebound in before the ride and it just did not stay on the ground enough to hold that line. Just saying other things can come into play that affects handling, and they can be small changes. I am sure if it was your bike you would have it dialed in, in a few rides.

Posted: Nov 21, 2019 at 19:22 Quote
The DHR is a great front tire.

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007892
Mobile Version of Website