Posted: Aug 21, 2009 at 15:00 Quote
million435 wrote:
EndersShadow wrote:
Mine is under 30 lbs right now.

Frame-243 SL
Fork-2003 DJ2
Wheels-Transition Revolution in the rear and some cheap-o mavic with Deore hub in the front.
Tires-Holy Rollers
Brakes-Hayes HMX-1
Pedals-Tioga D-Spyder
Seat-Odyssey veteran
cranks and Stem-Truativ Husselfelt.
Bars-Richey Riser

There's nothing on that parts list that's super light either. It's weird that the bike is under 30lbs.

My pedals are super light actually. That's it. lol.[/Quote]

Are those pedals supposed to be used for DJing? They are like 238 grams for the pair.[/Quote]

They work just fine for me. Although I ride mostly street.

Posted: Aug 27, 2009 at 12:56 Quote
I knew the size of the bb but i wasnt sure what it is called like Euro, American, Mid and that sort of thing??

Posted: Jul 3, 2010 at 17:17 Quote
Finally built! Don't ask about the weight, I haven't weighed it yet nor do I play on it Redface But what do you guys think?

Frame- 243 FR
Fork- Pike 426
Wheels- Revolution 32
Cranks- New style Saint
Bars+Stem- 243
Brakes- Juicy 7 R, Juicy 3 F
Derailleur- X9
Shifter- X9

photo
Salute

Posted: Jul 3, 2010 at 19:05 Quote
[Quote="Austin-R"]Finally built! Don't ask about the weight, I haven't weighed it yet nor do I play on it Redface But what do you guys think?

Frame- 243 FR
Fork- Pike 426
Wheels- Revolution 32
Cranks- New style Saint
Bars+Stem- 243
Brakes- Juicy 7 R, Juicy 3 F
Derailleur- X9
Shifter- X9

photo
Salute [/Quote

wicked looking man! be a completely indestructible everything bike

Posted: Jan 24, 2011 at 3:54 Quote
hello
i'm thinking about getting .243racinf rf frrame cause bought 160mm lyrik fork ang dont want to destroy my stp frame and dont wont to lower fork for a long time.

from pictures i can see tham almos all .243 bikes have different setup especialy fork one 100mm other 160mm and even 200mm but geo is changing a lot in all this configurations ?? usually frames have small toleracne like 40mm and heri is 100mm??

how does it ride and what travel of fork is best for it?? waht angles does it have ?? i waqnt to use it with solo air LYRIK 160mm for racing in DH and a bit of freeride.

and another question about years of production some are from 2003/ 2004 .... how to identificate them ?? do they have any differences in angles top tube leghts .... ?? if not what are measurments and weight now by bike wieghts 29.5 lbs

thanks a lot

Posted: Feb 18, 2011 at 23:54 Quote
If I can remember right .243 FR frame is designed for 130mm fork and has a 69dgr headtube angle.
I've been riding it with 60-130 forks and all of them have worked well.
You can spot the oldest frame by looking at the headtube gusset. The oldest one has a closed/solid gusset and the never ones has holes in it. The geo should be the same.

Here's a pic of some ones build with long travel fork.
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://gallery.mtbr.com/data/mtbr/517/242083243-2.JPG

Posted: Feb 19, 2011 at 10:38 Quote
yes it is designed for 130mm for but i can take up to 8 inches

Posted: Feb 19, 2011 at 18:02 Quote
killerbikeman wrote:

I think they make( or made) a. 243 DH hardtail frame that's make for 8 inch forks.

Posted: Feb 19, 2011 at 22:11 Quote
million435 wrote:
killerbikeman wrote:

I think they make( or made) a. 243 DH hardtail frame that's make for 8 inch forks.
nope all there frames even including the sl can take up to a 8 inch fork

Posted: Jun 28, 2011 at 11:44 Quote
hate to bring this back from the dead but can anybody tell me the difference in the .243 frames?

some have a boxed in gusset, some have an open one, some have none altogether, then i saw a white one on the first page of this that looks like the top and down tubed meet each other about 6" from the head tube?

Posted: Jun 28, 2011 at 12:18 Quote
hellbilly wrote:
hate to bring this back from the dead but can anybody tell me the difference in the .243 frames?

some have a boxed in gusset, some have an open one, some have none altogether, then i saw a white one on the first page of this that looks like the top and down tubed meet each other about 6" from the head tube?
no gusset Sl frame, boxed gusset 05 or 06 and earlier FR frame, open gusset 06or07 FR frame and the one were the meet each other is the DH frame

Posted: Jun 28, 2011 at 12:37 Quote
killerbikeman wrote:
hellbilly wrote:

no gusset Sl frame, boxed gusset 05 or 06 and earlier FR frame, open gusset 06or07 FR frame and the one were the meet each other is the DH frame

thank you kindly.

Posted: Aug 3, 2011 at 19:43 Quote
what are you guys doing for a front ring size on a geared rear?

i was trying to use a bmx cranks/sprocket today but it wouldn't work with a 9speed chain, so i tried using a spider/chainring combo and in order for it to fit along the chainstay it seemed to move my chainline way too far out.

also, if you're using a rear cassette/shifter, please list your crank arms and BB measurements

Posted: Oct 4, 2012 at 23:15 Quote
here mine ...buid up for 4x (but whit my street tire)
.243 RACING 2004 my 4x-freeride bike...the real 4x is slowly in build

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.028798
Mobile Version of Website