Brake upgrade from guide rs

PB Forum :: Trek
Brake upgrade from guide rs
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Nov 24, 2019 at 0:44 Quote
Went to bpw yesterday and swapped bikes with a friend for a run. He has saints and they were so much better. He said he was using two fingers sometimes on my brakes.

What are my options? Guide re calipers? Codes? Or just go for maguras. And if so which ones.

Bike is a remedy 9 RSL 2017.

Thanks

Posted: Nov 24, 2019 at 2:20 Quote
alexbg wrote:
Went to bpw yesterday and swapped bikes with a friend for a run. He has saints and they were so much better. He said he was using two fingers sometimes on my brakes.

What are my options? Guide re calipers? Codes? Or just go for maguras. And if so which ones.

Bike is a remedy 9 RSL 2017.

Thanks
Why don't you go for Saints if you liked them on friends bike? Not super expensive, reliable, strong. What more do you want from brakes? Smile

Posted: Nov 25, 2019 at 2:04 Quote
if you like the on-off of shimanos go with them.
If not, go Maguras

Posted: Nov 26, 2019 at 9:59 Quote
Asked the bike shop about magura mt7's and code rsc and the maguras were cheaper so have asked for them.

Posted: Nov 26, 2019 at 13:01 Quote
I went with the G2. I dont like the on/off feel. Much better then the guide rs. But as said..if you liked the saints then... Just be very mindful of the front brakes!!! A few riding buddies have gone from sram to others and first ride ended up OTB. Nothing serious luckily just funny

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.004372
Mobile Version of Website