Wet Weather Riding Gear

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Wet Weather Riding Gear
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Nov 25, 2019 at 23:23 Quote
Is there a wet weather riding jacket for dh/enduro/bikepark that can withstand a crash or two? I guess I'm thinking something waterproof or really water resistant, fairly breathable, maybe tougher materials on the elbows/forearms, and doesn't cost $200-$400 because, well, I'm going to crash in it (and I am not a dentist). There's a chance whatever I buy doesn't even make it through an entire day before I destroy it. So, is there anything out there like this? What do you all wear or suggest?

Posted: Dec 1, 2019 at 7:52 Quote
For absolute shit weather I use a supplus US issue GEN I ECWCS Gortex Parka,
cost me £35 in good 2nd hand condition, its the thicker gortex/nylon fabric,
double layered along the whole underside of the arm from elbow to wrist,
as this is for extra protection from a prone position when shooting,observing.

Its not a fashion jacket its purely a practical jacket for wet weather and can
be got for a stupidly cheap price, and a good sturdy water proof jacket at that,
so much so I got three of them for hucking around in wet mud.

If you can tolerate DCU or Woodland camo then try a supplus shop and give it a look.

Posted: Dec 5, 2019 at 13:50 Quote
You could hit up the hardware store and get a thick carhart or other work wear style jacket, there's lots of options that will be durable and waterproof. But not breathable but maybe for DH it's all good?

Posted: Dec 9, 2019 at 6:20 Quote
Seconded on the military parka. When your buying make sure the seam tape is up to snuff as the shoulder seams are the first place to leak. I wore one skiing for years with no damage despite my incredible inability to stay upright.
If it's not absolutely bucketing, DWR spray on any tough bonded layer fleece jacket (softshell) should hold up quite well.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.004657
Mobile Version of Website