Which LT Enduro frames can handle dual-crown DH fork?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Which LT Enduro frames can handle dual-crown DH fork?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Nov 30, 2019 at 8:23 Quote
Other than the YT Capra CF (2018 & newer), are there any other frames that have head tubes and frames capable of running dual crown forks? I want something to pedal up and can take a DH fork for dedicated park use if necessary.

I thought a bike that usually runs a 170-180 Lyrik or 40 would be contenders such as the Canyon Torque, Commencal Clash, SC Nomad, etc...

Thanks!

Posted: Nov 30, 2019 at 11:38 Quote
The new Rocky Mountain Slayer is able to take a full 200mm dual crown in both 29 and 27.5 versions

Posted: Nov 30, 2019 at 12:03 Quote
Nicolai/GeoMetron G1 and I think the G16 too

Posted: Nov 30, 2019 at 19:09 Quote
Cool, thanks. Evil Wreckoning too I suppose.

Posted: Nov 30, 2019 at 21:20 Quote
I've seen Megatowers, Nomads, Knolly Endorphins, Spec Enduros and a Zerode Taniwha with dual crowns.

Posted: Dec 2, 2019 at 0:03 Quote
you might be able to get away with it on a Slash/Remedy (see Knock Block) Razz

Posted: Dec 5, 2019 at 5:34 Quote
Dumb question, but can any modern enduro bike that has 170-180mm of travel work with a dual crown? What are the limiting factors to deciding what frames can or cannot work? Sorry if this is a dumb question, genuinely curious!

Posted: Dec 5, 2019 at 5:58 Quote
How strong the connection of headtube section to the rest of the frame is. DC puts loads more stress on that area than SC

Posted: Dec 5, 2019 at 6:15 Quote
Toogy wrote:
Dumb question, but can any modern enduro bike that has 170-180mm of travel work with a dual crown? What are the limiting factors to deciding what frames can or cannot work? Sorry if this is a dumb question, genuinely curious!

Not a dumb question at all, or if it is, we're both dummies!

I was hoping the Capra AL versions could handle it, but YT confirmed that only CF models from year 2018 and newer are designed this way...

Posted: Dec 6, 2019 at 12:58 Quote
Toogy wrote:
As axle to crown length of 200mm dual crown is similar to 180 single crown the stress while riding will be similar. All other things being equal. However, the side of the top tube down tube will see a lot of stress when the stanchions hit the frame. Many alu downhill frames are dented in this area and made for it.
As i understand this is the reason the carbon capra can handle dual crown, as it is reinforced in this area, but a local reinforcement on the alu would be a lot trickier to do so they skipped that

Posted: Jan 21, 2020 at 2:11 Quote
Yeti SB165 would be my option

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.004780
Mobile Version of Website