New to TF- Ride didn't record properly

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
New to TF- Ride didn't record properly
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Nov 30, 2019 at 10:54 Quote
I uploaded the app and subscribed, felt I had gone through all the settings properly. But my ride today only recorded the start point, 1 intermediate point, & the finish, for 0.6 miles. I actually rode 11.77 miles (thanks to my CatEye computer).
Tried again around my neighborhood and got a few more points recorded, but not all. Phone GPS works with any other app. Could it be TF stops recording if screen times out/returns to lock screen (I'm set for 2-minutes)?

Mod Plus
Posted: Dec 2, 2019 at 8:57 Quote
Check out the pointers on this help page https://www.trailforks.com/help/view/112/

What phone and OS version you using?

Posted: Dec 3, 2019 at 16:42 Quote
Google Pixel 3XL, Android 10.
Checked settings, which seem correct. Tried again and only recorded 0.3 miles out of 8.2 actually ridden. I sent the tracking log for debugging. Logging stopped after about 2 minutes, same as my screen timeout. How can I tell that logging is only working when my screen is on (& using more battery)? Other GPS apps on my phone don't stop after a screen timeout.

Posted: Dec 8, 2019 at 2:30 Quote
When I start "Record Ride", I get an error that the GPS cannot find my location. (Even though it centers my location on the map). So I'm getting NO movement recorded at all.
Settings/ "update GPS on map" = 1 second. Google Location Accuracy=On.

Mod Plus
Posted: Dec 9, 2019 at 13:09 Quote
Try setting the Trailforks app to "not optimised" for the Android battery settings.
https://dontkillmyapp.com/google

Posted: Dec 24, 2019 at 13:08 Quote
Having the same issue on an iPhone X running iOS 13.3. My last few rides, the phone seems to randomly stop recording my track. I just happen to check the app during a break and it prompts to resume recording. First noticed the issue around beginning of December - never had problems before.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.004455
Mobile Version of Website