Firearms

O+
Posted: Jan 15, 2020 at 20:14 Quote
asmtb wrote:
photo

photo

If your so worried just show off the gun, nobody would mess with you...

I don't k now what all the debate has been about; problem solved!

Posted: Jan 16, 2020 at 11:46 Quote
Suer, but that bottom one may be COAL POWERED depending on where in the grid it gets charged.....I sure hope there are solar panels (not made by six-year-old Chinese girl slave labor).

Posted: Jan 22, 2020 at 6:29 Quote
onyxss wrote:
NinjaTheDude wrote:
onyxss wrote:
As current general state of mind in most countries is quite low with all the media brainwashing, hyper-capitalism and hatery against "other" ones (they will steal your jobs! they will rob and murder you! they will do bad things! (in reality they just do shitty jobs which no one else wants..)) it is not wise to give weapons to general public. General state of mind is just too low to responsibly use it.

If you count on common sense that they will not misuse weapons its bad assumption - its quite simple - in many countries only police and armes forces have weapons, most common folks don't. Statistics will tell you that more firearms there is, bigger probability there is for bad things to happen. Counting on fear factor (i won't shoot because the other one has also a weapon) is stupid, because people in extreme situations (possibility of shooting) will act without thinking. Just like they see in John Wayne stuff "shoot first, ask later".

Like a little child - how do you most easily prevent him not to cut himself with knife? You don't give it to him until he is mature enough to use it...

USA is in shitty position especially because there are ziliion pieces of weapons which won't dissapear overnight, strong pro-weapon movements (NRA) and John-Wayne-hero-brain-washed society. I hope other countries will stay wiser and not allow weapons to general public.

Sorry, it's not normal (at least it shouldn't be) to go to store for a bottle of milk with a gun to defend yourself. It's not normal to go for MTB ride with a gun. It just isn't.

I honestly dont know ANY of these John Wayne types you speak of. In the US it is very normal to go buy a bottle of milk with a gun, its kinda been that way since this country's inception. Im sorry im not counting on the police or military to come save with their guns when i could take care of the situation and protect myself or my family

Like i said, its quite sad that it's normal that you need a gun to buy a bottle of milk. I'm sorry that you have no other experience and like i said, USA is in shity position because of past as it was. I belive they can rise above that primitive thinking sometimes in future. Even children of alcoholic over some generations stop drinking....

You and your country for sure aren't counting on military (largest military budget on planet, around 650 Billion this year) and especially not on police (with currently more than 2.1 Million prisoners firmly on 1st place globally) for protection. You obviously only rely on yourself for protection, but it looks you are still paying for military and police forces. A little redundant, don't you think? Smile

You don’t get it Onyx. You never will. Wasting time explaining why Americans are free to carry own and use guns is an excercize in futility to people like you.

Posted: Jan 22, 2020 at 9:04 Quote
I'm totally for gun control. And I'm a gun owner. If you're mentally ill, no guns. Domestic violence or stalking? No guns. I think there should be a mandatory test to make sure you're not too stupid as well.

If you're a normal human being, sure.

I figure there's roughly a 0% chance I'll ever need to use a gun in self defense. I figure there's about 20% of the population that's mentally defective that shouldn't own guns.

The less guns out there the better, I'm normal and responsible so shouldn't effect me.

Had to lol at the gun rally in VA. Bunch of boys who played army too much as kids. The veterans I know had plenty of time to fire guns in anger and aren't excited to do it again. Plenty of better things to do than shoot.

That being said, i do think stop and frisk should be brought back with a goal of those stopped matching the racial profile of the area. Get them guns off the streets.

As for the 2nd amendment yes you can still have unlimited muskets. Just like what was originally intended.

Posted: Jan 22, 2020 at 9:37 Quote
eshew wrote:
I'm totally for gun control. And I'm a gun owner. If you're mentally ill, no guns. Domestic violence or stalking? No guns. I think there should be a mandatory test to make sure you're not too stupid as well.

I figure there's roughly a 0% chance I'll ever need to use a gun in self defense. I figure there's about 20% of the population that's mentally defective that shouldn't own guns.

The less guns out there the better, I'm normal and responsible so shouldn't effect me.

Had to lol at the gun rally in VA. Bunch of boys who played army too much as kids. The veterans I know had plenty of time to fire guns in anger and aren't excited to do it again. Plenty of better things to do than shoot.

That being said, i do think stop and frisk should be brought back with a goal of those stopped matching the racial profile of the area. Get them guns off the streets.

As for the 2nd amendment yes you can still have unlimited muskets. Just like what was originally intended.

It does not say "muskets" in the 2nd amendment. It simply states "bear Arms" and the purpose is "security of a free State". You want to fight for your life with a musket? Chances of needing to do this are slim. I get that. But that doesn't mean we don't have the right to be prepared and that is exactly what the 2nd amendment is meant to protect.

Gun control also restricts the type of guns you can legally own. Because some states like CA have already put restrictions on magazines and certain types of firearms is the sole reason I will never live there. Laws like this hurt legal gun owners and do NOTHING for the criminals who own their firearms illegally anyway.

I agree about mental illness but "testing" stupid people? That is pretty dumb to even suggest. How are you going to test that? Who is to even say what is normal?

Another common theme with gun control is registration of firearms. I am strongly against this as well. No need for the Gov to have a map of everyone who owns a gun and what exactly their inventory is.

Posted: Jan 22, 2020 at 9:58 Quote
howmaybesgo wrote:

I agree about mental illness but "testing" stupid people? That is pretty dumb to even suggest. How are you going to test that? Who is to even say what is normal?

Another common theme with gun control is registration of firearms. I am strongly against this as well. No need for the Gov to have a map of everyone who owns a gun and what exactly their inventory is.

Here you are with common sense and logic. The ONLY reason that a government wants a list, is well, to have a list (Adolf Hitler had lists). As for a "mental health" litmus test? Based on who's criteria? Another farce. We all know that the mass majority of gun crime is some "good guy". We also know that most gun owners (as in 99.9999999999999% of gun owners) are not nuts.

People say we are crazy for what we pay on bikes..(imagine how many kids in the projects you can feed for the price of your fork). Using just as idiotic numbers (from the US Govt) I could feed a child for over a year for the price of my Fox fork....so, that makes me "mentally not stable" to take a fork over human life....so, I should not own a gun as I do not put the life of a child over the suspension fork for a hobby.

That said, the best thing about anti-gun idiots. They tend to not have guns and are no real threat to gun owners. The police KNOW BETTER and will maintain their stance because they know they will not win that war.

Oddly, this AM I was working with one of the doctors around these parts....SHE carries when seeing patients. Seriously, that is hot.

Posted: Mar 25, 2020 at 8:50 Quote
eshew wrote:

9 out of 10 crazy people don't think they're crazy. I'm normal and don't wish to own a gun. Maybe that's a good way to be sure.

Posted: Mar 25, 2020 at 9:21 Quote
Holy resurrected troll bait

Posted: Mar 25, 2020 at 9:53 Quote
gotohe11carolina wrote:
Holy resurrected troll bait

Just saying.

Posted: Mar 25, 2020 at 11:01 Quote
fielonator wrote:
eshew wrote:

9 out of 10 crazy people don't think they're crazy. I'm normal and don't wish to own a gun. Maybe that's a good way to be sure.

You're a Brit. You can only own a single shot rifle (non semi Auto) with a certificate. I don't blame you for not wanting to own that or go through the trouble of getting a certificate.

And I would agree with you that 90% of crazy people don't think they are crazy. I'm sure I'm sane though. The bread talks to me & told me so. It says the bananas are conspiring against me. The bread is my friend.

Posted: Mar 25, 2020 at 11:21 Quote
eshew wrote:
fielonator wrote:
eshew wrote:

You're a Brit. You can only own a single shot rifle (non semi Auto) with a certificate. I don't blame you for not wanting to own that or go through the trouble of getting a certificate.

And I would agree with you that 90% of crazy people don't think they are crazy. I'm sure I'm sane though. The bread talks to me & told me so. It says the bananas are conspiring against me. The bread is my friend.

I don't think you should trust something with two butts.

Posted: Mar 25, 2020 at 11:30 Quote
howmaybesgo wrote:
eshew wrote:

It does not say "muskets" in the 2nd amendment. It simply states "bear Arms" and the purpose is "security of a free State". You want to fight for your life with a musket? Chances of needing to do this are slim. I get that. But that doesn't mean we don't have the right to be prepared and that is exactly what the 2nd amendment is meant to protect.

Gun control also restricts the type of guns you can legally own. Because some states like CA have already put restrictions on magazines and certain types of firearms is the sole reason I will never live there. Laws like this hurt legal gun owners and do NOTHING for the criminals who own their firearms illegally anyway.

Looking at your profile pic, I'm loving the irony of you talking about bear arms.

Posted: Mar 25, 2020 at 17:19 Quote
fielonator wrote:
eshew wrote:

Maybe your just a pussy who only asks others for help...you know, when push comes to shove. Maybe your wife will man up and get a firearm....

Posted: Mar 25, 2020 at 17:59 Quote
I really wanna start arming bears. Remote control .50 cal brownings strapped on their backs. It’s the real American Dream! They could gun down conservationists and chase off home invaders because they’re Armed Effing Bears!!!

Now for the love of god let this flamebait thread die in the ignominious hell it deserves and a pox upon you who hath unearthed it.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013740
Mobile Version of Website