Firearms

| Next Page
O+
Posted: May 9, 2020 at 16:15 Quote
HaggeredShins wrote:

Its a tough life, but I persevere. Definitely do not come here, you will probably die.

Yup, not coming there is the plan. I'm actually not that worried about dying. It has more to do with what kind of people and places I want to visit if I travel. Your president disrespects our PM every turn, yet speaks so glowingly about dictators and the like. It's insulting. If half your country thinks that is what represents them, then I really don't want to be around that half.

Grab them by the pussy? Who says stuff like that? And he still got voted in.

The guns and high murder rate are just more reasons. As I said, enjoy your country, you all are free to keep it however you like. Just don't be surprised if you aren't welcomed with open arms in other parts of the world.

Posted: May 9, 2020 at 16:23 Quote
Um, your PM gets the treatment he deserves.

I have traveled the entire world (but for S. America and Austrailia proper. Plenty of places for you to go....for some reason, since the inception folks have died to come to the US.

O+
Posted: May 9, 2020 at 19:16 Quote
RoadStain wrote:
Um, your PM gets the treatment he deserves.

You never cease to prove my point.

I hope your president gets what he deserves as well then.

Posted: May 9, 2020 at 20:03 Quote
Okay, sort of trying to return to the original subject of the thread. My family and I were recently at one of our local trails, and due to covid the main trailhead was shut down, but the boat launch was still open. We parked there since there is a trail that leads to the main trail system. This boat launch ,and trail that stems from it, is a hot spot for drunk high schoolers, partying, and recklessness. I was about to drop in and then some guy walked over and said to hang back because there was a crazy dude in the woods with a gun. So, I return to my car along with the rest of my family; however, midway up the road, around 5 cops pull up , guns drawn, and yell at everyone to put there hands in the air. A few minutes go by and most bystanders who had zero clue as to what was going on were allowed to leave. We later found out that the guy with the gun was drunk and supposedly tried to rob someone. So would have a concealed carry help in this situation or only escalate it. I myself am to young to get one, as I am only in HS, but my parents are looking into it. Got any advice?

Posted: May 9, 2020 at 20:28 Quote
FloridaHasMTBToo wrote:
Okay, sort of trying to return to the original subject of the thread. My family and I were recently at one of our local trails, and due to covid the main trailhead was shut down, but the boat launch was still open. We parked there since there is a trail that leads to the main trail system. This boat launch ,and trail that stems from it, is a hot spot for drunk high schoolers, partying, and recklessness. I was about to drop in and then some guy walked over and said to hang back because there was a crazy dude in the woods with a gun. So, I return to my car along with the rest of my family; however, midway up the road, around 5 cops pull up , guns drawn, and yell at everyone to put there hands in the air. A few minutes go by and most bystanders who had zero clue as to what was going on were allowed to leave. We later found out that the guy with the gun was drunk and supposedly tried to rob someone. So would have a concealed carry help in this situation or only escalate it. I myself am to young to get one, as I am only in HS, but my parents are looking into it. Got any advice?

My advice to you is the same as to anyone else who chooses to carry: if you're gonna pack, you better be ready to take care of business.

Firearms are almost always the wrong choice and as you witnessed, always an escalation. Walk away every time, let the police deal with it.

Posted: May 9, 2020 at 21:01 Quote
Firearm is a last resort, when all other options are exhausted. This is one of the first things taught in conceal carry class.

I would suggest picking better locations and time to ride, for now.

Posted: May 13, 2020 at 21:04 Quote
D-Dockmini30 wrote:
Any suggestions as to how/where to carry my pistol? I wear a hydration pack, I'd like to attach a holster to the left strap on my chest. Thanks

‘Mericans love their guns.

I suggest leaving it at home so you don’t shoot her self when ya crash.

Posted: May 13, 2020 at 21:14 Quote
oneeffingspeed wrote:
D-Dockmini30 wrote:
Any suggestions as to how/where to carry my pistol? I wear a hydration pack, I'd like to attach a holster to the left strap on my chest. Thanks

‘Mericans love their guns.

I suggest leaving it at home so you don’t shoot her self when ya crash.

O+
Posted: Nov 22, 2022 at 12:27 Quote
Just looking for carry ideas on my bike, and came across this thread.

I have personally encountered numerous black bears and a mountain lion while riding my bike. The animals have run away every time, but there have been numerous attacks on trails all over the country.

A side arm provides you with some security in these situations.

I don't carry to protect myself from people, but it is a great idea to ride with a pistol if there are know aggressive animals around the trails you ride.

Posted: Nov 30, 2022 at 15:37 Quote
For the guy who thinks he's better off in Walmart when everyone is packing a heater, this happened in a local Walmart.

A couple is shopping and the guy is abusing his lady friend. They wind up in a physical confrontation. Another shopper, older gentleman decides to involve himself. Being a "good guy with a gun", he starts threatening the abuser. One thing leads to another and he discharges his firearm. Only problem? He strikes one of the store clerks, not the guy he was trying to confront.

In my experience, people who feel like they have to have a gun at all times have underlying issues, and are often unfit mentally for the responsibility of carrying.

I live in a gun nut state, it doesn't make you more free or safer.

Posted: Dec 2, 2022 at 1:40 Quote
Theres always an equal opposite, asside from natures beasties theres always gonna be plums amongst us,
theres those that shouldnt be in control of a car, chainsaw, fireworks etc let alone a gun
and in some circumstances this is the very type of idiot you can be up against.

Its always gonna be a back an fore debate, attitudes the system, education, training need to play a bigger part,
the Swiss seem to manage it and the czech republic are on the right track in there approach

Posted: Dec 2, 2022 at 8:51 Quote
This may be wayy too hot and restrictive for MTB, but it works great for Moto rides. Two front pockets are Velcro lined. The holster that comes w/ the vest is meh, but any good kydex holster with a trigger guard thats velcro backed works well in them. Quick easy access that's concealed.

https://www.klim.com/Arsenal-Vest-4054-001

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2023. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013772
Mobile Version of Website