Firearms

O+
Posted: Dec 5, 2019 at 13:08 Quote
NinjaTheDude wrote:
sitkadog wrote:
Rynomx785 wrote:
As Ninja already said, discussing carrying a firearm on a international bicycle forum is silly.

I live in AZ where we have Constitutional carry and I conceal carry just about every day. I don't carry when I ride my MTB though. Not because I don't think there is less of a chance that I will need but because it is inconvenient and I don't like off body carry such as it in being in my pack where it isn't easily accessible in a hurry.

Ultimately, I am just glad I live in a country that hasn't completely neutered it's citizens. At least we have the option of protecting ourselves if we choose to do so. Live in Canada and don't like the ideal of carrying a firearm? That is good... because you can't. I hope for your sake the RCP make it to you in time if shit ever hits the fan.

You watch too many movies. Good luck in your gun fight when the shit hits the fan.

Ask yourself why you really carry every day-I’d bet it’s because it makes you feel like a badass and compensates for other “shortcomings”.

I believe it is you who watch too many movies if you think the reason someone needs to carry a gun is to compensate for a small dick. I'm not John McClane or Arnold Schwarzenegger and dont feel the need to whip out a big ass Desert Eagle just because i feel intimidated by something. No I'm a guy who values his safety and the safety of others around him so if the situation arises I have an option.

The safety of others around you is seriously at risk if ya start shooting up some whack job and hit 5 of them in the process. Without real training and experience you wouldn’t hit the broadside of a barn under real fire. Do you really know when the correct move would be to engage a shooter and when it wouldn’t??

Posted: Dec 5, 2019 at 14:38 Quote
NinjaTheDude wrote:
onyxss wrote:
As current general state of mind in most countries is quite low with all the media brainwashing, hyper-capitalism and hatery against "other" ones (they will steal your jobs! they will rob and murder you! they will do bad things! (in reality they just do shitty jobs which no one else wants..)) it is not wise to give weapons to general public. General state of mind is just too low to responsibly use it.

If you count on common sense that they will not misuse weapons its bad assumption - its quite simple - in many countries only police and armes forces have weapons, most common folks don't. Statistics will tell you that more firearms there is, bigger probability there is for bad things to happen. Counting on fear factor (i won't shoot because the other one has also a weapon) is stupid, because people in extreme situations (possibility of shooting) will act without thinking. Just like they see in John Wayne stuff "shoot first, ask later".

Like a little child - how do you most easily prevent him not to cut himself with knife? You don't give it to him until he is mature enough to use it...

USA is in shitty position especially because there are ziliion pieces of weapons which won't dissapear overnight, strong pro-weapon movements (NRA) and John-Wayne-hero-brain-washed society. I hope other countries will stay wiser and not allow weapons to general public.

Sorry, it's not normal (at least it shouldn't be) to go to store for a bottle of milk with a gun to defend yourself. It's not normal to go for MTB ride with a gun. It just isn't.

I honestly dont know ANY of these John Wayne types you speak of. In the US it is very normal to go buy a bottle of milk with a gun, its kinda been that way since this country's inception. Im sorry im not counting on the police or military to come save with their guns when i could take care of the situation and protect myself or my family

Like i said, its quite sad that it's normal that you need a gun to buy a bottle of milk. I'm sorry that you have no other experience and like i said, USA is in shity position because of past as it was. I belive they can rise above that primitive thinking sometimes in future. Even children of alcoholic over some generations stop drinking....

You and your country for sure aren't counting on military (largest military budget on planet, around 650 Billion this year) and especially not on police (with currently more than 2.1 Million prisoners firmly on 1st place globally) for protection. You obviously only rely on yourself for protection, but it looks you are still paying for military and police forces. A little redundant, don't you think? Smile

Posted: Dec 5, 2019 at 14:45 Quote
onyxss wrote:

You and your country for sure aren't counting on military (largest military budget on planet, around 650 Billion this year) and especially not on police (with currently more than 2.1 Million prisoners firmly on 1st place globally) for protection. You obviously only rely on yourself for protection, but it looks you are still paying for military and police forces. A little redundant, don't you think? Smile

Another topic entirely, but the most criminal and corrupt street gang who is proven time and again to be the most dangerous is the Police and the Profit based system of corruption that is rampant. That is entirely a separate argument. Most of the "criminals" in jail are menial drug charges (drugs that are legal now in many areas). Not gun crimes. The ones that are gun crimes are not in general (not even 5% legal gun owners).

From there over 75% of the gun deaths are suicides....so.....being as the United States is 34th in the world as pertaining to suicide per capita...seems when there is a will....we could look at the terror suspects in Europe that seem to be more rampant (or the internet is just letting us know more frequently). While the United States has its issues, we are far better off than most of the world. I would think that the folks who are willing to die in Hong Kong for merely holding the US Flag speaks volumes.

The Military does not protect our people (not even the National Guard), that is what we the people do and our police are supposed to back up. US Forces are not here to enforce laws. They are not even slightly related.

Posted: Dec 5, 2019 at 16:44 Quote
Even with the firing pin safety I think riding with One in the Chamber or a loaded magazine is asking for trouble. I think that obviously the time is when you're going to need it will be few and far in-between and most likely 9 out of 10 of those times will not require a quick draw with a loaded firearm. I would find a way to store it in your hydration pack or get a fanny pack that you wear backwards and have the loaded magazine ejected sitting right next to the firearm. That way you don't need to worry about turning on the safety, in a self-defense situation spin your fanny pack around open it pull out your firearm and pop in the magazine and rack it. They make fanny packs that open and close with velcro so you will not even need to fiddle around with the zipper. I am a proud American firearm owner and that's how I would do it if the trails I rode required me to carry.

Posted: Dec 5, 2019 at 16:48 Quote
Heeven wrote:
Even with the firing pin safety I think riding with One in the Chamber or a loaded magazine is asking for trouble. I think that obviously the time is when you're going to need it will be few and far in-between and most likely 9 out of 10 of those times will not require a quick draw with a loaded firearm. I would find a way to store it in your hydration pack or get a fanny pack that you wear backwards and have the loaded magazine ejected sitting right next to the firearm. That way you don't need to worry about turning on the safety, in a self-defense situation spin your fanny pack around open it pull out your firearm and pop in the magazine and rack it. They make fanny packs that open and close with velcro so you will not even need to fiddle around with the zipper. I am a proud American firearm owner and that's how I would do it if the trails I rode required me to carry.

This ^^^^. No way if I could, carry a semi auto locked and loaded, too many things could go wrong. If anything I would opt for a revolver without a round under the hammer..I live in Cali, so a CCW is out of the question for us.

Posted: Dec 5, 2019 at 17:21 Quote
My Walther 9mm has nothing in the chamber, loaded clip. All I have to do is a quick rack and its ready. No safety to click. It has a trigger safety. My gun cannot go off till I am ready to use it. But, I doubt I would carry it riding due to size. I want something smaller.

O+
Posted: Dec 5, 2019 at 17:38 Quote
Heeven wrote:

How the world has changed that people are being recommended to carry guns in fanny packs. Anyone born after 1980 probably won't understand the irony of this. Not to take away from the suggestion though, seems reasonable. How often do loaded guns go off when fallen on or dropped on a hard surface?

O+
Posted: Dec 5, 2019 at 18:13 Quote
sitkadog wrote:
NinjaTheDude wrote:
sitkadog wrote:

You watch too many movies. Good luck in your gun fight when the shit hits the fan.

Ask yourself why you really carry every day-I’d bet it’s because it makes you feel like a badass and compensates for other “shortcomings”.

I believe it is you who watch too many movies if you think the reason someone needs to carry a gun is to compensate for a small dick. I'm not John McClane or Arnold Schwarzenegger and dont feel the need to whip out a big ass Desert Eagle just because i feel intimidated by something. No I'm a guy who values his safety and the safety of others around him so if the situation arises I have an option.

The safety of others around you is seriously at risk if ya start shooting up some whack job and hit 5 of them in the process. Without real training and experience you wouldn’t hit the broadside of a barn under real fire. Do you really know when the correct move would be to engage a shooter and when it wouldn’t??

Do you? Because i can you right now you don't even understand the first few safety rules of firearms because knowing whats in front and behind your target is very important before you start shooting. And yes I have a bit of experience with these things being former military police and now working executive protection

Posted: Dec 5, 2019 at 19:35 Quote
It's unfortunate a very, very few cause all the problems. The vast majority of gun owners that carry go about their business and cause no problems. It's hard to miss the fact that where crime rates are the highest are in cities run by Dems. Where it's also generally illegal to, or made nearly impossible, to legally carry for self-protection. I'm lucky enough to live in a very safe, small town. I still carry everywhere I go. Not because I'm afraid, but because I refuse to be a victim with no way to defend myself should the need ever arise. To say you're safe wherever you go is delusional. Most attacks are crimes of opportunity. The fact is, if criminals don't feel their intended victim is an easy target they're much less likely to take the opportunity. I have real world experience in that regard having worked a a repo man in the hood of a large city.
As to carrying while riding: I don't feel the need given where I ride. I wouldn't hesitate to carry if I felt the need to. I'd use a fanny pack specifically for CCW. The one I have would work quite well while riding, and affords fast access.

O+
Posted: Dec 5, 2019 at 20:12 Quote
NinjaTheDude wrote:
sitkadog wrote:
NinjaTheDude wrote:

Do you? Because i can you right now you don't even understand the first few safety rules of firearms because knowing whats in front and behind your target is very important before you start shooting. And yes I have a bit of experience with these things being former military police and now working executive protection

Do I claim to ? Of course knowing what’s behind and around your target is key. My 9 year old knows that. Some wingnut trying to save the day likely isn’t gonna think that clearly when real shit goes down... you might, who knows.

The simple fact that so many of you think it’s a great idea and totally normal to carry a freakin pistol while riding your mountain bike or going to buy milk really speaks to how f*cked things are down there. Sounds like appropriate behaviour in Somalia...

Posted: Dec 5, 2019 at 20:16 Quote
Things are really terrible down here. Not worth yer time. LOL

O+
Posted: Dec 5, 2019 at 20:23 Quote
gmoss wrote:
Things are really terrible down here. Not worth yer time. LOL

We just a bunch of cowboys doing cowboy shit lol

Posted: Dec 9, 2019 at 8:06 Quote
bikefuturist wrote:
what the f*ck

I know, right? It is nutty how many people can not read and comprehend the United States Constitution and see the brilliance of the founding fathers....

Posted: Dec 9, 2019 at 10:16 Quote
Yes but do you respect and protect all the other rights given in the Constitution?

How do you feel about separation of church and state?
How do you feel about our system of checks and balances?

Pretty much all countries have some form of fire arms registration. After reading that Snopes article it seems the thing to fear is a tyrannical militaristic government.

In every single case highlighted by the NRA article the government's were targeting minorities and taking their weapons before slaughtering them. Except in the case of China and Russia who were just murdering dissenters.

It's a good thing we don't have a president that's trying to override of checks and balances, it's a good thing we don't have a government and a president that's willing to Target minorities and use them as scapegoats.
If you don't want to get slaughtered by a tyrannical government it's best not to put those kind of people in power in the first place.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.050675
Mobile Version of Website