Firearms

Posted: Dec 17, 2019 at 12:48 Quote
sitkadog wrote:
Rynomx785 wrote:
As Ninja already said, discussing carrying a firearm on a international bicycle forum is silly.

I live in AZ where we have Constitutional carry and I conceal carry just about every day. I don't carry when I ride my MTB though. Not because I don't think there is less of a chance that I will need but because it is inconvenient and I don't like off body carry such as it in being in my pack where it isn't easily accessible in a hurry.

Ultimately, I am just glad I live in a country that hasn't completely neutered it's citizens. At least we have the option of protecting ourselves if we choose to do so. Live in Canada and don't like the ideal of carrying a firearm? That is good... because you can't. I hope for your sake the RCP make it to you in time if shit ever hits the fan.

You watch too many movies. Good luck in your gun fight when the shit hits the fan.

Ask yourself why you really carry every day-I’d bet it’s because it makes you feel like a badass and compensates for other “shortcomings”.

LOL You don't know shit about me. Watch too many movies.... GTFO here. I never open carry and I am discreet as possible. No one ever has any idea that I am carrying. I am not compensating for anything. I am giving my family and I a chance if something ever happens that we can't get away from. I will absolutely choose flight over fight if I can but that isn't always an option especially if I have my 2 and 5 year old with me. Firearms are used hundred of thousands of times a year in self defense situations in the U.S.

Never fails.... there is always a Canadian that feels the need to tell us Americans how ridiculous we are for having and carrying firearms. Like I said, should you ever find someone in your house at night that wants to do you or your's harm, I hope the police get there in time.

A gun is a tool. It's no different than using any other tool that is potentially dangerous.

Posted: Dec 17, 2019 at 13:27 Quote
I always carry a small firearm in my pack just incase. It's not the wayward vagrant i'm normally worried about but a rabid coyote or some animal that's faster or bigger than me. Most likely not a quick draw type of scenario but a life saving event that I prepare for. Always one loaded in the chamber and in a holster in my pack.

Posted: Dec 18, 2019 at 0:14 Quote
Seriously though, what is the chance of a gun going off in a crash?

I used to carry bear spray, the only thing I ever shot with it was myself when I threw my pack in my trunk and the safety had come off accidentally during the ride and the trigger was depressed when my pack hit the bottom of the trunk. My wife got a bit too. That sucked. Would have sucked more had it been a gun though.

I'm not a Canadian telling you not to carry a gun. I'm a Canadian telling you that most people in first World countries don't need to and don't feel the need to. It might be worthwhile for you to try and figure out why it is that you need to. And the answer is not immigrants or foreign threats.

Posted: Dec 18, 2019 at 3:41 Quote
rahrider wrote:

Well maintained weapon? 0.0000%. I have even know of guys who would jump out of helicopters with them Not like anyone on this forum is running around with a black-powder musket on the bike.....maybe.

Posted: Dec 18, 2019 at 3:50 Quote
rahrider wrote:

And the answer is not immigrants or foreign threats.

No, the answer is 'because we have the right to'. It is up to each of us as individuals to decide (for the most part). Cant say that I would consider an 'invading force' to be an immigrant, I do know many folks in TX, FL, AZ and IL who consider the illegals to be exactly that - an invading force.

As for the real reason? For a +/- 5% tax we had the American Revolutionary War. We are now at ten times that number. From there - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." This was intended so that the people could literately fight "the man". Be it Branch Davidians, Ruby Ridge and on and on and on....I would suggest this link as to reading material https://www.fff.org/explore-freedom/article/the-tyranny-of-the-police-state-disguised-as-law-and-order/

If given the chance, the Govt WILL overrun the will of the people....simply look at what a few idiots from Cali are doing in Washington (and their state is on the verge of being a third world nation)

Posted: Dec 18, 2019 at 8:43 Quote
Rynomx785 wrote:
sitkadog wrote:
Rynomx785 wrote:
As Ninja already said, discussing carrying a firearm on a international bicycle forum is silly.

I live in AZ where we have Constitutional carry and I conceal carry just about every day. I don't carry when I ride my MTB though. Not because I don't think there is less of a chance that I will need but because it is inconvenient and I don't like off body carry such as it in being in my pack where it isn't easily accessible in a hurry.

Ultimately, I am just glad I live in a country that hasn't completely neutered it's citizens. At least we have the option of protecting ourselves if we choose to do so. Live in Canada and don't like the ideal of carrying a firearm? That is good... because you can't. I hope for your sake the RCP make it to you in time if shit ever hits the fan.

You watch too many movies. Good luck in your gun fight when the shit hits the fan.

Ask yourself why you really carry every day-I’d bet it’s because it makes you feel like a badass and compensates for other “shortcomings”.

LOL You don't know shit about me. Watch too many movies.... GTFO here. I never open carry and I am discreet as possible. No one ever has any idea that I am carrying. I am not compensating for anything. I am giving my family and I a chance if something ever happens that we can't get away from. I will absolutely choose flight over fight if I can but that isn't always an option especially if I have my 2 and 5 year old with me. Firearms are used hundred of thousands of times a year in self defense situations in the U.S.

Never fails.... there is always a Canadian that feels the need to tell us Americans how ridiculous we are for having and carrying firearms. Like I said, should you ever find someone in your house at night that wants to do you or your's harm, I hope the police get there in time.

A gun is a tool. It's no different than using any other tool that is potentially dangerous.

You want to protect your family in your house? Get a big dog. Much more effective than shooting in the dark...

There’s always some ‘murican that thinks Canada has totally outlawed guns. Not at all the case, most of us in rural areas do have guns, just Reasonable ones that have a use other than making the owner feel like a badass.

The whole idea of carrying a pistol on a mtb ride is silly. I regularly ride in an area that has a healthy grizzly population, a bell, bear spray on the bike (useless in a pack if you surprise a bear) and a few bear bangers if the fire danger isn’t stupid is all that’s needed.

Posted: Dec 18, 2019 at 9:04 Quote
don't even need a big dog, just one that barks...gives me enough notice to get to my gun if necessary. Nothing I am concerned with though.

you can be righteous if you want, but if you google search mtn bikers robbed, you will find plenty of examples of people robbed at gunpoint, and even shot. My life is invaluable, so I will carry will I feel the need as some would rather shoot first, kill you, then take your stuff. For me, carrying is only a small percentage of the time I ride, but I will give myself an advantage where I can.

You do you and the rest of us will do us. simple enough.

Posted: Dec 18, 2019 at 9:06 Quote
sitkadog wrote:
[

The whole idea of carrying a pistol on a mtb ride is silly. .

And that is your opinion (that you were raised to think with correct with a proper amount of Governmental bias involved in your education - no different from the left wing lunatic and apathetic teachers in the current US Public schools.

Here in the US as kids we were afraid of "Cavity Creeps" thanks to Crest commercials in the AM. Convinced that Hiroshima was a success while Auschwitz was a war crime....and, we have a god given as well as Constitutional right to carry damn near any firearm we so desire and/or feel the need to.

Posted: Dec 18, 2019 at 16:49 Quote
Carrying is more for the 2 legged creatures rather than the 4 legged ones.
One of the more unsafe areas to be in, are river beds. This pertains more to road biking, although you could very well be taking that to hop to a trail. There are many around here in california that lead to the ocean, and they often have popular biking or walking trails that go alongside them because you can take it to the beach. A large homeless population often live there and have eventually evolved into tent cities (The one in Anaheim finally just got cleaned up). There have been multiple instances where people have been robbed/stabbed to death, etc by vagrants or criminals in the evening, you can look it up if you don't believe that evil exists. Growing up I would hear "never take that route at night because its dangerous." etc. from my parents due to crimes that have popped up on the news.

I would not want to ride or walk in areas like these during night time hours, it just isn't safe, especially when there are literally an underground city of vagrants that can easily recognize a bicycle worth over $1000. if 3 of these people come up on you to take your bike, is that all they're going to take? Do they have weapons, likes knives or bats? Would they possibly harm you if you try to ride away? Would they leave you alone if you gave them your bikes? Or maybe they just want a smoke? There's just no way to know, and I'd prefer not to have to find out. But that's just me.

So, is it so wrong , or so immoral, for a good citizen (there are background checks and interviews done before getting a license believe it or not) to conceal carry a gun to protect himself, or even his family, so they won't be at the mercy of evil people. perhaps it was a family that accidentally spent too much time at the beach and just had no option but to take that route to get home.

I understand that most people aren't proficient enough to carry a weapon that is so dangerous, or don't have the ability to perform under stress, or can handle the enormous responsibility that comes with it, and that's fine, no one is forcing you to carry. But if you want you could carry a can of pepper spray, or nothing at all, that's up to you. It's a free country. But why call someone who does carry for his own protection, idiotic, or demonize an entire country because some people choose to do so. Why argue until you're blue in the face about how it's not a normal thing to do in your country, because in your experience (sample size of 1), you've never been in a situation where you might have needed it.

but back to the original question. I'll probably be in the minority but I have had success with M&P shield, no safety, in a vanguard holster, appendix carry. You will need a stiff and high quality belt that does not flex much. I forget it's there after a few minutes. It doesn't impede my pedal stroke, and I have actually crashed multiple times, even superman dove on top of a gnarly rock bed, scuffed the crap out of the slide. But it has never once fallen out or shot off my nuts, because I've had a lot of training and know exactly how the weapon works, and I'm extremely safe with it. Sometimes if i know the descent is gonna be extra crazy, i'll just take it out and put in inside my hydration pack.

Posted: Dec 25, 2019 at 6:13 Quote
Hey guys are you training for some kind of enduro biatlon? ????????????????????

Posted: Dec 26, 2019 at 2:32 Quote
I wonder if the OP is a real person.

1 post ever, no info in Profile, no replies to this thread...

Posted: Dec 26, 2019 at 15:10 Quote
If this was the thread that ensued from my first post ever, I'd probably not respond either. Quite a can of worms that was opened.

Or a troll.....

Posted: Dec 27, 2019 at 19:42 Quote
I've carried a few times, only solo night rides. Mostly for a false piece of mind. Carried in my Camelback, clip in, no round in chamber on safe.

Made me feel a little better as I was at least 10 miles from civilization at the parking lot. But not something I'd normally do otherwise.

Now I have a knife cleverly hidden in a pocket in the Camelback. It's small, dull and takes about a minute to get out. Figure if I ever need it all the time and effort trying to get it out will keep me from panicking.

Posted: Dec 28, 2019 at 9:18 Quote
Check out the Hill People Gear kit bags. For riding, you'd probably want the runners kit bag which has a lower profile.

http://www.hillpeoplegear.com/Products/CategoryID/1/ProductID/2

They're also handy for hiking/backpacking to carry snacks, knife and stuff without having to take your pack off.

Posted: Dec 28, 2019 at 12:05 Quote
RoadStain wrote:
sitkadog wrote:
[

The whole idea of carrying a pistol on a mtb ride is silly. .

And that is your opinion (that you were raised to think with correct with a proper amount of Governmental bias involved in your education - no different from the left wing lunatic and apathetic teachers in the current US Public schools.

Here in the US as kids we were afraid of "Cavity Creeps" thanks to Crest commercials in the AM. Convinced that Hiroshima was a success while Auschwitz was a war crime....and, we have a god given as well as Constitutional right to carry damn near any firearm we so desire and/or feel the need to.

No the bias is in the news you watch. Change the channel.

You right wingers are looting our country and running it into the ground. With your fake conservatism and failed policy.
And when I say you I'm talking about the people you morons put into office.

Stripping 500k voters from the polls in the hopes that some of them won't reregister and be denied the right to vote.
120000 of them in Georgia just because and I f*cking quote here " because they hadnt voted in a while" end f*cking quote.

On and on about your gun rights what about the right to vote?
Very clear reason why you gerryander and suppress the vote.

Because you are a minority party in this country and losing more and more as the days go by.
And desperately trying hold onto power by shoving as many judges down our throats in the shortest amount of time possible.
So you continue your evil policies long after you are voted out of office.

Policy always with that fast tax cut for the 10%
Always with the same line it will pay for itself which it never does. Now we are 23 trillion in debt. Shocking.

Always spending money just not to any of the people who need it. Instead spending on weapons of war and more tax cuts for the rich.

Then you strip all of the banking and financial regulations that protect us from the greed. For a temporary economic boost. Which will later be shown a sham. And the crooks will get their money and the politicians will get their money and the country will be thrown into a recession.

ALWAYS EVERY SINGLE TIME.

So now your pissed off because teachers aren't shoving lies down children's throats fast as you want them to. f*ck you.

I know your type with your thinly veiled racisim and your loud angry mouth.

Nothing more then a shit smear on a piece of to let paper I flush down the toilet.

Is that you Tucker?

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006518
Mobile Version of Website