Shock tunes (rockshox)

Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Dec 1, 2019 at 11:10 Quote
My current shock (super deluxe on a kona process 153 201Cool has the tune of MM from factory .

I noticed on the rebound adjuster at only 3 clicks from slow rebound it starts to get super bouncy and has a lot more clicks (it has a lot more fast click options to go...when it’s fast as possible it’s crazy) .

It’s as if the rebound tune is wrong even though it came on bike like that. I am looking for a new shock and just wondering if I was to go rockshox, which two letters would solve this? Most shocks I see for sale in my size have ML, which I’m guessing would still be same rebound as mine but L compression?

Posted: Dec 4, 2019 at 8:44 Quote
Don't get a rockshox would be best. Get something that actually has all the effective tuning range in it so can go either way you want. Ie Cane Creek fox ect
Rockshox are just cheap oem junk hence why can't tune them much.
Best thing I ever did ditching my monarch deb for a cane Creek. Light years ahead of the RS. I didn't think there would be much in it but nope biblical.

Posted: Dec 4, 2019 at 9:29 Quote
markg1150 wrote:
Don't get a rockshox would be best. Get something that actually has all the effective tuning range in it so can go either way you want. Ie Cane Creek fox ect
Rockshox are just cheap oem junk hence why can't tune them much.
Best thing I ever did ditching my monarch deb for a cane Creek. Light years ahead of the RS. I didn't think there would be much in it but nope biblical.

Exactly what this dude said , if you're buyying new anyway stay away from rockshox

Posted: Dec 6, 2019 at 8:43 Quote
I had a RockShox Deluxe shock on my bike. The only adjustment was rebound damping. Unless I set it nearly all the way slow I got pogoed off the seat. Worst part was the compression damping got much stiffer as a result. I replaced it with a Fox Factory DPS and it's a whole new bike. This isn't to say RockShox higher end shocks aren't good. I haven't used them so can't comment on that. I do know the Revelation fork on that bike is very good and works very well on the trails I ride.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.004508
Mobile Version of Website