How did you start your own business?

PB Forum :: Computers, Games & Technology
How did you start your own business?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Dec 2, 2019 at 5:58 Quote
when did you make that first step to go into business for yourself and how did it turn out? What idea did you settle on and how did you know it was the one to do? and Lastly did you have any success with it and are you able to live off that income now?

Posted: Dec 2, 2019 at 6:20 Quote
My first business was publishing a boxed software game I wrote on the side over about four years (it was in the 90's before downloadable software). When it was complete I leased (too much) office and assembly space, put expensive ads in a couple popular magazines, quit my day job and sat there every day waiting for orders. First month net was $6K, then subsequent months sales slowly declined until when my year-long lease was up for renewal, I was only netting $2K a month with no growth in site so I decided to close and go back to f/t employment.

Posted: Dec 2, 2019 at 8:35 Quote
There are tons of great ideas of how to sell products online in new ways and enough money to go around, but most people don't understand that it will be extremely hard for the first few years and you have to stay agile in your business methods and practices. I prefer to use free CRM to manage my contacts and save both time and money, I found it here https://www.espocrm.com/download/ . Works perfect.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008022
Mobile Version of Website