Broken Tibia and Fib leaving hospital today

PB Forum :: Fitness, Training and Health
Broken Tibia and Fib leaving hospital today
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Dec 2, 2019 at 11:11 Quote
I do not see a "rider down" area so I guess this is the place for injuries. I was riding a dirt jumper at a concrete skate park with my kids. Cleared the box jumps on my BMX bike and DJ but was trying to dial the speed dropping in trom the opposing sides of the box jump. I over shot once or twice and this time I guess I sailed too far and don't really remember what happened but knew I was crashing. I stuck my right leg out and remember seeing my right hand out in front too but my leg hit first and I was instant destruction. I was wearing some thick jean type pants, RC limewire awesome riding shoes, gloves and helmet. Leg took it all. I grabbed by pants leg to drag my foot up and my leg folded in half inside of a skin bag. It was surreal and just like you've seen on TV and vids. Injured Saturday afternoon, surgery on Sunday to get a metal rod in my shin, discharged after standing and using a walker on Monday. I am 46 male and riding with my kids and they are full on into bikes and scooter tricks, jumping etc. It's been very exciting lately. My mind is now processing a lot about this injury but I have to get through recovery and see where I'm at. It was a very, very bad day but could have been worse I suppose. Slamming on concrete is just brutal let me tell you.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008048
Mobile Version of Website