Who makes the best carbon MTB frames?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Who makes the best carbon MTB frames?
| Next Page
Posted: Dec 13, 2019 at 4:33 Quote
Tier1 wrote:
The high end Cannondale and GT (both owned by Dorel Industries) and Specialized would be up there, not necessarily equivalent to Santa Cruz but in a similar tier I guess.

IMO Giant makes quality stuff and it's pretty high up there (they also own their own factory so have that vertical integration on lock) but I don't think are the top of the top when it comes to carbon but they do a lot of things very well.

Just for funsies even though that wasn't part of the original question on the road side; I'd say Cervelo, Ridley, Pinarello, Trek (Madone, Domane, SpeedConcept), and Specialized (Venge, Roubaix, Shiv)

If you think cannondale are good you need to watch this guy. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrZ2wnS5X4s

at 30:00 he shows just how bad the tolerances are. (Road frames, but I imagine they are even worse on mtb)

Posted: Dec 13, 2019 at 8:33 Quote
DonLopez wrote:
Most carbon frames are made in Taiwan with very good quality. I bet my Rocky Mountain Element aluminum frame welded in Canada in 1999 out lasts my Altitude carbon frame made in Taiwan. So far, no issues with either one. I would say the best carbon frame is the one with a lifetime warranty, but that doesn’t exist that I know of.

Well my Devinci Carbon has a lifetime warranty and I am very pleased with that.

Posted: Dec 13, 2019 at 8:44 Quote
Doogie711 wrote:
DonLopez wrote:
Most carbon frames are made in Taiwan with very good quality. I bet my Rocky Mountain Element aluminum frame welded in Canada in 1999 out lasts my Altitude carbon frame made in Taiwan. So far, no issues with either one. I would say the best carbon frame is the one with a lifetime warranty, but that doesn’t exist that I know of.

Out of curiosity: Are you happy with the lifetime warranty because you need it or because it gives you peace of mind?

My bike has a 7 year warranty, and I used the warranty after 5 months of riding(and now it's cold and shitty out).

Posted: Dec 13, 2019 at 11:33 Quote
Explodo wrote:
Doogie711 wrote:
DonLopez wrote:

Out of curiosity: Are you happy with the lifetime warranty because you need it or because it gives you peace of mind?

My bike has a 7-year warranty, and I used the warranty after 5 months of riding(and now it's cold and shitty out).

Peace of mind and hopefully I won't need it. The Carbon Django is a pretty robust frame which is nice since I am a larger rider.

Posted: Dec 13, 2019 at 11:40 Quote
Tier1 wrote:
IMO Giant makes quality stuff and it's pretty high up there (they also own their own factory so have that vertical integration on lock) but I don't think are the top of the top when it comes to carbon but they do a lot of things very well.
But they just don't care about warranty issues. My LBS sent claim 3 (THREE) months ago, and it's still at 30% status..

Posted: Dec 14, 2019 at 12:22 Quote
Trialsiain wrote:
If you think cannondale are good you need to watch this guy. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrZ2wnS5X4s

at 30:00 he shows just how bad the tolerances are. (Road frames, but I imagine they are even worse on mtb)

Ahh god dammit, and here I was thinking that Cannondale was good since they have their own Cannondale Pro Cycling team.

It's also surprising that Hongfu/Dengfu's tolerances had both a tighter grouping and was closer to ideal than both Cannondale AND Specialized.

| Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.004996
Mobile Version of Website