Best Bike for SFO - California

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Best Bike for SFO - California
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Dec 3, 2019 at 8:30 Quote
I will be moving out to San Francisco the next month and looking for my next bike (now I have a Kona Process 153 2018 ) however I'm looking something more aggressive, kind of Enduro
Anyone has any idea what type of bike would work on California trails? Near to San Francisco?

Thanks mates!

Posted: Dec 4, 2019 at 23:44 Quote
Trail bike 120mm-140mm should cover most of the bay area trails.

Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 9:12 Quote
Hey! I live in SF and can tell you there are not a ton of rad places where you will need the Kona or something of that size. That is unless you plan to do a lot of northstar and mammoth trips. The place to have that would be for local rides at Pacifica and Santa Cruz, I personally have used a spesh enduro and loved it but it was a little too much bike even though I rode it at the local knarly trails.

Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 15:33 Quote
For the legal stuff on the SF peninsula, a 120mm trail bike is fine. But that's not the fun stuff.

For the "off the map" stuff, your Process 153 or something even slacker is fine. There are trails in Pacifica that are DH bike worthy, although they're not shuttle-able. There's some fun steep stuff in El Granada if you know where to look, and tons of great stuff down in Santa Cruz. Again, your current bike is fine for all that. 140-160mm enduro bikes are super common.

Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 17:41 Quote
I live in Santa Cruz, your bike is just fine for all the trails in the bay, enjoy them!

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.004708
Mobile Version of Website