Privateer Bikes 161

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Privateer Bikes 161
Posted: Jun 11, 2021 at 6:52 Quote
IliasArk wrote:
toys19 wrote:
IliasArk wrote:

Yeah, I live in Athens, there are some good riding spots here, trails for all tastes!

Cool. I need to visit sometime. Last time I was in Greece was 2004. Loved it then. Did not have a bike though.

Lmk if you decide to come over, there are many trails, ranging from steep rocky technical stuff to more mellow cross country trails, I ride everything on my 161.. Razz

Cheers.

Posted: Jun 18, 2021 at 7:24 Quote
Guys has anyone tried a different shock than the stock on the 161? I have a topaz t3 air on the way and just wondering if you tried something different and how you find it.

Posted: Jun 18, 2021 at 8:33 Quote
DHX2 factory, way better!
I guess the topaz will be awesome, had one in the past. Also replaced an RS super deluxe, back then and it felt super plush compared to the stock RS.

Posted: Jun 18, 2021 at 8:39 Quote
Exactly, rs feels way harsh on sharp hits and couldn't find a sweet spot no matter what I tried, was going to send the rs for a fractive tune in the uk but the waiting list to get it done was extremely long, so figured out why not get a dvo, I couldn't be any happier with the diamond so.

You mean you replaced the rs with the topaz on the 161, then went to dhx2 right?

How they compared?

Posted: Jun 18, 2021 at 9:00 Quote
Nope, my last bike was an Propain Spindrift mod 17. It was even with the older version of the super deluxe plusher. It used a kind of VPP but climbing was horrible. I have had 3 different shocks on it and the topaz was a game changer. It had 195mm of rear travel and was allready close to an DH but only with that topaz it felt like one

For the 161, I only had the RS. Could not get near the feling of the last bike. I was tempted to buy a topaz again but I saw a very good deal on that DHX 2 factory. I also never ridden a coil before and that was the selling point for me.
I also looked at the Jade but it was out of stock everywhere. Also that fox cost me with that super light spring 400 bucks. Cheaper then the topaz or jade. Swapped out of a new frame at the dealer. This also got me into changing my fork, converted to coil.

Posted: Jun 18, 2021 at 11:41 Quote
https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/20810474/
Not adjusted for me at this point had just built up.
Bike just built. Not adjusted yet
I am replacing the seat for sure otherwise ride it before I replace anything.

Posted: Jun 22, 2021 at 12:45 Quote
DHL is a week and half behind their estimated delivery date on my bike. The bike passed customs and has been sitting in their distribution center for the 7 days. Customer service doesn't know when I will get the bike. Never used DHL before but this will definitely be the last.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Posted: Jun 22, 2021 at 13:25 Quote
I'm still waiting for dispatch notice after payingmy balance three weeks ago, so we'll see. Hoping for a better experience than that.

Posted: Jun 22, 2021 at 16:20 Quote
Mine sat in LA for 5 days. Then showed up 2 days after leaving LA, no DHL update until it was out for delivery.

I'm not happy with DHL either but I got my bike only 2 days late.

Posted: Jun 24, 2021 at 9:45 Quote
Has anyone got any base settings for the Lyrik and super deluxe. I had a shockwiz arrive today for my first big ride at the weekend but it has a fault.

I weigh around 195lbs-88kg, currently just using the settings recommended for both according to SRAM website.

Posted: Jun 24, 2021 at 9:59 Quote
Im about 95kg. This is my setup, fork is as rockshox recommend but 1 click slower on the rebound.

Haven't had a huge amount of riding time to get the compression settings dialed in yet though, but seemed a good place to start. Gives 30% sag rear and 25% front.

Shock 180psi +2 LSC, -4 Rebound
Fork 90psi +4 LSC, +2 HSC, -6 Rebound

- is clicks from closed, + is clicks from open

Posted: Jun 24, 2021 at 10:08 Quote
melonhead1145 wrote:
Im about 95kg. This is my setup, fork is as rockshox recommend but 1 click slower on the rebound.

Haven't had a huge amount of riding time to get the compression settings dialed in yet though, but seemed a good place to start. Gives 30% sag rear and 25% front.

Cheers melonhead, I'll give that a go.

Posted: Jun 24, 2021 at 12:04 Quote
melonhead1145 wrote:

I'm about the same weight, 30% sag, and found the rear quite harsh feeling with the rebound at 4 clicks from closed, I run about 3 from full open but still find it kinda weird, waiting for the topaz to fit and see what's gonna happen.

Posted: Jun 24, 2021 at 12:27 Quote
Is anyone running a bomber cr shock? Thoughts? Considering getting one for bike park days

Posted: Jun 24, 2021 at 15:18 Quote
adespotoskyli wrote:
melonhead1145 wrote:

I'm about the same weight, 30% sag, and found the rear quite harsh feeling with the rebound at 4 clicks from closed, I run about 3 from full open but still find it kinda weird, waiting for the topaz to fit and see what's gonna happen.

I think 4 from closed and 3 from open are pretty similar? There wasn't a huge number of clicks on the rebound (Maybe 6 or 7). Could probably go a click - (faster) on the rebound for each fork and shock if you wanted. the adjustment on the Rockshox suspension doesn't have huge range so I don't think you can mess it up too much

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.007737
Mobile Version of Website