Privateer Bikes 161

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Privateer Bikes 161
Posted: Aug 2, 2021 at 10:06 Quote
Honestly, I'd rather strip the threads on a bolt than on the frame.

Posted: Aug 2, 2021 at 18:04 Quote
I use blue loctite and barely tighten the bolt, let's the shock move freely. Hasn't come loose yet.

Posted: Aug 2, 2021 at 22:32 Quote
joelsman wrote:
I use blue loctite and barely tighten the bolt, let's the shock move freely. Hasn't come loose yet.

Hey Joel thanks man

Posted: Aug 3, 2021 at 0:53 Quote
undercoverfreak wrote:
I don't know how you would do that with an m8

Posted: Aug 3, 2021 at 1:12 Quote
Serpentras wrote:
undercoverfreak wrote:
I don't know how you would do that with an m8

You could argue the same for an M12 and yet the rear axle screws into an insert and not into the frame as a precaution.

Posted: Aug 3, 2021 at 2:37 Quote
Well that has also a different reason. I still say the bolt for the lower shock mount is bad.
I have seen a bike with the same design where exactly that happened. The screw was damaged and it come of during the ride. The bike frame was totaled because the bolt was not secured.
To strip a M4 AL bolt is way more easy then the M8. Still don't want that Risk? Make an insert that slots into the frame without any tools to remove. Make it essentially just a nut.

I also say you don't strip your brake mount so I don't know how you will manage to strip that shock hardware with an even bigger bolt and the shock body.

Posted: Aug 3, 2021 at 9:15 Quote
The lower shock bolt on mine is almost flush on the other side, basically the m4 that threads on the shock bolt, holds it in place without squeezing the mount and shock hardware in a sandwich fashion. Always use a tad of med loctite just to secure things because movement tends to loosen bolts and nuts no matter how tight you do them. igus bushings that come with dvo are far more eager to move/rotate on the hardware than the rs du bushing that was tight af.

Posted: Aug 8, 2021 at 20:19 Quote
See a few 141 riders on here. As someone who is seriously considering the 141, I’m curious as to what travel you have your forks at. I’m currently on a zeb and wanting to transfer that over to the 141 just debating travel reduction.

Posted: Aug 9, 2021 at 7:23 Quote
bkchef2000 wrote:
See a few 141 riders on here. As someone who is seriously considering the 141, I’m curious as to what travel you have your forks at. I’m currently on a zeb and wanting to transfer that over to the 141 just debating travel reduction.

I’ve got my frame and plan to build it with Lyrik Ultimates at 150, originally had Zebs planned but heard it would be far too stiff. The Local rep and reviews all made me change my mind.

Also bear in mind they use different internals and 150 isn’t an option for Zebs.

Posted: Aug 9, 2021 at 8:46 Quote
Moskau wrote:
bkchef2000 wrote:

I’ve got my frame and plan to build it with Lyrik Ultimates at 150, originally had Zebs planned but heard it would be far too stiff. The Local rep and reviews all made me change my mind.

Also bear in mind they use different internals and 150 isn’t an option for Zebs.

Got you, I am a big boy (275lb and 6'6") and am currently running Zebs (170mm on a Rootdown!) and have the 160 air shaft in my spares kit. I have a feeling that running the fork at 160 would be darn good, Just wondering what other people's experiences are with the 141.

Posted: Aug 9, 2021 at 12:01 Quote
bkchef2000 wrote:
Moskau wrote:
bkchef2000 wrote:

Got you, I am a big boy (275lb and 6'6") and am currently running Zebs (170mm on a Rootdown!) and have the 160 air shaft in my spares kit. I have a feeling that running the fork at 160 would be darn good, Just wondering what other people's experiences are with the 141.

You could run an angleset to slacken the HTA but keep the rest of the geo stock to accommodate a 160mm fork.

Posted: Aug 9, 2021 at 14:06 Quote
haen wrote:
bkchef2000 wrote:
Moskau wrote:

You could run an angleset to slacken the HTA but keep the rest of the geo stock to accommodate a 160mm fork.

Fair point. Always a way!

Back to the regular programming that I interrupted!

Posted: Aug 11, 2021 at 5:43 Quote
isnt the zeb 5mm longer axle to crown? so a 10mm travel increase would be a 15mm longer fork compared to a lyrik/36 running at 150mm. slacking the bike out further (and its pretty slack for a trail bike anyway)

I was pretty sure i saw that a Zeb can be reduced to 150mm? (could be totally wrong)

Posted: Aug 11, 2021 at 9:42 Quote
It seems I may be wrong. The U.K. Rockshox distributor doesn’t list the Zeb Ultimate as 150, just the e-charger. Odd!

It’s so annoying - I’ve my frame sans fork and wheels sat waiting to be built. Stupid delays are starting to drive me mad!

Posted: Aug 11, 2021 at 16:33 Quote
bkchef2000 wrote:

150 as it came in the stock build. Don't have any desire for more travel, though debating going coil out rear. Stock dpx2 (so far) is a little lacking.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006106
Mobile Version of Website