Privateer Bikes 161

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Privateer Bikes 161
Posted: Aug 25, 2021 at 0:02 Quote
militantmandy wrote:
adespotoskyli wrote:
militantmandy wrote:

Go for frame, shock and fork? Or frame and shock only and look for a zeb.....?

Just frame, I replaced sdu with a topaz and there's nothing to compare, ground hugging, magic ride!
And get a mezzer or onyx up front

Not has good experiences with the topaz. Had one that would constantly loose pressure, so a bit wary. Always got on well with RS stuff. I just know where I am with it, even if it's not quite as adjustable.

As far as forks are concerned I've mostly ridden RS for the past 15 years. Having tried out the mezzer, Ext and 38 for the past year or so, has been eye opening (haven't tried any DVO stuff). Having owned a Lyrik and Zeb (+ smashpot) as well, ​I have honestly started to question the objectivity of reviewers.

I can see why people buy/use RS forks. Their price/performance is great, very reliable, good spares/service support. From a performance point of view however, in stock form, they have been overtaken in my experience.

Posted: Aug 25, 2021 at 5:40 Quote
My 141, coil in both ends

141 - Drumtochty

Posted: Aug 25, 2021 at 5:58 Quote
militantmandy wrote:
adespotoskyli wrote:
militantmandy wrote:

Go for frame, shock and fork? Or frame and shock only and look for a zeb.....?

Just frame, I replaced sdu with a topaz and there's nothing to compare, ground hugging, magic ride!

Not has good experiences with the topaz. Had one that would constantly loose pressure, so a bit wary. Always got on well with RS stuff. I just know where I am with it, even if it's not quite as adjustable.

Dvo are easy to service and overhaul by end user. but comparing the 2, would get a leaky dvo over any rs to be honest. The difference in ride quality is huge, although rs has some external knobs, turning them either way won't make it work half decent. Rs sdu was harsh where it shouldn't no matter what, and wouldn't dudge on small bumps compromising grip in the loose, dry, rocky terrain I ride, and spike on square edge big hits. Dvo on the other hand is like hovering above the rocks without compromise on stability and grip while always finding the platform you need to push against when you pump the terrain or keeping ypu up on g outs

Posted: Aug 25, 2021 at 12:08 Quote
Well, I went for it. Black P2 frameset with a Lyrik Ultimate. Arriving December.

Posted: Aug 25, 2021 at 12:10 Quote
adespotoskyli wrote:
militantmandy wrote:
adespotoskyli wrote:

Dvo are easy to service and overhaul by end user. but comparing the 2, would get a leaky dvo over any rs to be honest. The difference in ride quality is huge, although rs has some external knobs, turning them either way won't make it work half decent. Rs sdu was harsh where it shouldn't no matter what, and wouldn't dudge on small bumps compromising grip in the loose, dry, rocky terrain I ride, and spike on square edge big hits. Dvo on the other hand is like hovering above the rocks without compromise on stability and grip while always finding the platform you need to push against when you pump the terrain or keeping ypu up on g outs

I've had good results with the SDU. Totally open to trying new stuff, but it'll have to wait till I've got some more dough!

Posted: Aug 25, 2021 at 12:17 Quote
Yeah, that cash thing is always an issue isn't it???!

Glad you pulled the trigger, you'll love it! It's a mean machine for the rough stuff!

Posted: Aug 29, 2021 at 22:56 Quote
I am sure there have been a million posts asking for help with sizing but here I go. I am 190cm (6'3") and am right in between sizes P3 and P4. Just wondering if there is someone with a similar height and what size you ended up going with?

Thank you!

Posted: Aug 30, 2021 at 0:01 Quote
185 and p4. Can't see my self riding a p3

Posted: Aug 30, 2021 at 2:47 Quote
Has anyone upgraded to a 203mm rear rotor size on the MT-5 Magura’s? Looking to see which post mount I need but as usual I’ve ran out of technical talent…

Posted: Aug 30, 2021 at 4:03 Quote
nighttrain666 wrote:
qm 44 adapter

Got it! Thanks man

Posted: Aug 30, 2021 at 6:27 Quote
bikefreak720 wrote:
I am sure there have been a million posts asking for help with sizing but here I go. I am 190cm (6'3") and am right in between sizes P3 and P4. Just wondering if there is someone with a similar height and what size you ended up going with?

Thank you!

I'm 182 on a P3, I'd definitely go P4 at your height. Reach sounds long but the steep seat tube makes the seated reach much more moderate.

Posted: Aug 30, 2021 at 8:55 Quote
bikefreak720 wrote:

Thank you!

I'm 182 tall and ride a P4. Go P4.

O+
Posted: Aug 30, 2021 at 10:26 Quote
i am 186cm with p3 and it feels fine.

O+
Posted: Aug 30, 2021 at 11:12 Quote
I'm 188cm and I have a P4. Sometimes I wish I had the P3, but that's only in tight corners and on more technical, slower trails where pinning it downhill isn't an option. I am also very happy with the climbing position I am in on the p4.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012159
Mobile Version of Website