Privateer Bikes 161

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Privateer Bikes 161
Posted: Sep 15, 2021 at 2:13 Quote
stonedbiker420 wrote:
Still no info from specialized about my warranty frame......

But my list of frames grew bigger, now these frames are a hotspot bc of the shock
Banshee titan
transition patrol
privateer 161
raaw madonna

so many cool bikes.... cant decide..... lol

Madonna is sold out with RAAW until Feb 22. But, they did tell me that Bike Discount were due to get stock of all frame sizes and colours in two weeks, which was about two weeks ago.

Posted: Sep 15, 2021 at 4:07 Quote
stonedbiker420 wrote:

But my list of frames grew bigger, now these frames are a hotspot bc of the shock
Banshee titan
transition patrol
privateer 161
raaw madonna

No Transition Spire?

I have decided to not buy any new bike with a deraileur setup anymore. Currently waiting for an inquiry to make me a custom frame with 160mm of rear travel and a very similar Geo like the 161 p2, and a pinion mount...

Posted: Sep 15, 2021 at 6:27 Quote
Serpentras wrote:
stonedbiker420 wrote:

Banshee titan
transition patrol
privateer 161
raaw madonna

No Transition Spire?

I have decided to not buy any new bike with a deraileur setup anymore. Currently waiting for an inquiry to make me a custom frame with 160mm of rear travel and a very similar Geo like the 161 p2, and a pinion mount...

the spire has a cool geo but not for me from the numbers M is too small and L is too big.

Posted: Sep 16, 2021 at 21:55 Quote
Is anyone having shifting issues? Since day 1 my bike has always ghost shifted like no other bike over ridden. Limit screws are fine, and the b limit line is aligned with the largest cassette teeth. In the largest cog it won’t shift until I loosen the cable via barrel adjuster. Once I loosen it enough to shift, it skips from 10th to 12th. Now, adjusting it in the smallest cog, it will shift all the way up but not back down to the 2nd ring.

Cable is not sticking
Cassette is installed correctly
Hanger shouldn’t be bent

Posted: Sep 17, 2021 at 0:17 Quote
spankthewan wrote:
Hanger shouldn’t be bent

but is it?

Posted: Sep 17, 2021 at 1:46 Quote
I have noticed that the hanger is really flimsy. I had no impact, more like scratches and I did bend 5 hangers now since 20th October..

I will measure my last hanger to check how much it takes to shift like crap. You cant see it, with a gauge you can but even then it's almost nothing.

Posted: Sep 17, 2021 at 2:36 Quote
Serpentras wrote:
I have noticed that the hanger is really flimsy. I had no impact, more like scratches and I did bend 5 hangers now since 20th October..

I will measure my last hanger to check how much it takes to shift crap. You cant see it, with a gauge you can but even then it's almost nothing.

Did you speak to privateer about it or simply buy new ones?

I've been getting some questionable responses lately.

Posted: Sep 17, 2021 at 3:01 Quote
I just had bought more so far.
Don't know what's up with that very bendy hanger.
But like I said I will measure it next week on a machine with 3d analysis to pinpoint it down to 0.001mm. just for the sake of it.

Posted: Sep 17, 2021 at 3:30 Quote
Serpentras wrote:
I just had bought more so far.
Don't know what's up with that very bendy hanger.
But like I said I will measure it next week on a machine with 3d analysis to pinpoint it down to 0.001mm. just for the sake of it.

Not in stock at the moment but this may be a better alternative:

https://northshorebillet.com/collections/derailleur-hangers/privateer

A little more expensive but at the rate we seem to be going through hangers, probably worth it.

Posted: Sep 17, 2021 at 8:09 Quote
Another alternative is to get a derailleur hanger alignment tool. I've re-aligned my hangers countless times and more than made up the money on the tool.

Posted: Sep 17, 2021 at 8:25 Quote
jalopyj wrote:
Another alternative is to get a derailleur hanger alignment tool. I've re-aligned my hangers countless times and more than made up the money on the tool.

In my experience that works great on CNC parts. I think the privateer hanger is cast and quite brittle (judging by the ones I snapped). Have you had luck aligning cast hangers?

Posted: Sep 17, 2021 at 8:32 Quote
I've aligned mine a few times, privateer's hangers seem a bit soft, but don't see a reason to make'm stronger, they suppose to give in to protect the frame/derailleur

Posted: Sep 17, 2021 at 10:25 Quote
I’ve also realigned mine a couple times without issue. I bought 2 spares but only plan to swap them in if the hanger actually brakes.

Posted: Sep 17, 2021 at 15:48 Quote
What weight coils are people running and what coil shock, I can't find a chart on what coil I would need. I weigh 185-190lbs geared up.
Looking at swapping for a dvo jade x maybe.

Posted: Sep 18, 2021 at 3:07 Quote
DHX2 here around 185lbs with gear. Running 440
Sprindex. You could go with anything between 450 up to 500. Depending on whats up with your terrain an how often you Huck it. When your more into hucking I would go for 550

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.005865
Mobile Version of Website