Privateer Bikes 161

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Privateer Bikes 161
Posted: Sep 18, 2021 at 4:05 Quote
Anybody who had some experiences with cotic bikes? I really like their rocket max enduro

Posted: Sep 18, 2021 at 8:17 Quote
stonedbiker420 wrote:
Anybody who had some experiences with cotic bikes? I really like their rocket max enduro

Great bikes and great guys. They are big though so take some adjusting to in my limited experience. Check out Starling too if you're looking at UK steel full suspension.

Posted: Sep 22, 2021 at 2:37 Quote
soo i will get a new specialized frame..

i ordered a black privateer 161 in p2 i am hyyypedSmile Smile

gonna sell the warranty frame then.

any tipps for the 161?

Posted: Sep 22, 2021 at 2:58 Quote
My cuurent bike
has 464 reach and 1246 wb

and the p2 has reach 470 and wb1250

i am 178cm tall
anyone with same height and a p2 will it fitt good?

want something longer but not too long tbh

Posted: Sep 22, 2021 at 3:17 Quote
I'm 174 and on a P2, from what you've put I doubt you will notice the increased reach much, what you will notice is the seated position is much shorter and more upright. I used to get a lot of lower back pain from climbing as I had to hunch over to weight the front of the bike, now that isn't an issue.

Posted: Sep 26, 2021 at 22:56 Quote
yeahh i bought a frame in p2 and black

i am so hyyyyyped

now the waiting game has begun Cry

Posted: Sep 27, 2021 at 23:02 Quote
I am looking to buy a RS super deluxe ultimate coil for my privateer 161 (that hasn't even arrived yet haha)

has anyone done this swap and does it make a large difference to riding characteristics? Better or worse?

thanks

Posted: Sep 28, 2021 at 10:00 Quote
bikefreak720 wrote:
I am looking to buy a RS super deluxe ultimate coil for my privateer 161 (that hasn't even arrived yet haha)

has anyone done this swap and does it make a large difference to riding characteristics? Better or worse?

thanks

While I don't have a coil, I did add a megneg and thought it improved to shock's sensitivity. Much cheaper than going coil.

Posted: Sep 29, 2021 at 2:29 Quote
I have a Super Deluxe Coil on my 161 since day 1 so I can’t really tell how it compares to the air shock, what I can say is that I really like the feel of it, very supple and due to the progressiveness of the 161 it will not blow through the travel, I recommend it 100%

Posted: Sep 29, 2021 at 9:58 Quote
IliasArk wrote:
I have a Super Deluxe Coil on my 161 since day 1 so I can’t really tell how it compares to the air shock, what I can say is that I really like the feel of it, very supple and due to the progressiveness of the 161 it will not blow through the travel, I recommend it 100%

How does it pedal with the coil shock?

Posted: Sep 29, 2021 at 10:13 Quote
TET1 wrote:
IliasArk wrote:

How does it pedal with the coil shock?

It pedals fine, long uphills were a bit of a struggle for me at first due to the very unique seating position but we get along great now.. Smile

Posted: Sep 29, 2021 at 13:48 Quote
I had the super deluxe air, then the meg neg then the coil. More grip of course with the coil, on uphill, not so much a problem, the cinematic of the suspension conserve the energy. I didn't come back to the air

Posted: Sep 30, 2021 at 2:15 Quote
Delayed! Another three weeks I think. Oh well.

Posted: Sep 30, 2021 at 13:41 Quote
militantmandy wrote:
Delayed! Another three weeks I think. Oh well.

You won’t regret the wait! Such a fun bike. What colour way did you go for?

I can’t ride mine now. Off due to surgery. Rode it once and loved it however! Roll on 2022 and being fully recovered!

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005897
Mobile Version of Website