close
Pinkbike is now part of Outside! As of December 3, 2021, please refer to the Outside Terms of Use and Privacy Policy which govern your use of the Pinkbike website and services.

Privateer Bikes 161

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Privateer Bikes 161
Author Message
Posted: Oct 27, 2021 at 7:47 Quote
stonedbiker420 wrote:
thanks for the info guys. Anyone with a longterm review of the 161? i bought a frame but i am scared that its not good because i heard mixed things in the past few months about the bike

Also on the 141. Absolutely in love with the bike. Despite the weight, it pedals well, and the geometry puts you in a great position when you're winching up the climbs.

And on the downs, the 141 is so confidence inspiring and balanced and has helped me become a better rider.

The bike really comes into its element the steeper the trails get.

Posted: Oct 27, 2021 at 23:33 Quote
stonedbiker420 wrote:
thanks for the info guys. Anyone with a longterm review of the 161? i bought a frame but i am scared that its not good because i heard mixed things in the past few months about the bike

I have received mine in January, I have been riding it on a regular basis (3 times a week), have done almost 3500Kms and 85000m of ascent with it so I think it is long enough to know the weaknesses of the bike, everything works well, the only gripe I have is that the derailleur hanger is a bit soft so make sure to have a couple of spare ones in hand. I am now running mine with a 180mm fork just to limit pedal strikes, I would buy again, no doubt.

Posted: Oct 28, 2021 at 0:21 Quote
Well, that's my balance paid on my 161 GX. Says 2nd week of November, so hopefully not long to wait! Excited to see the colour, since there are no good pictures of it!

Posted: Oct 28, 2021 at 2:07 Quote
militantmandy wrote:
Well, that's my balance paid on my 161 GX. Says 2nd week of November, so hopefully not long to wait! Excited to see the colour, since there are no good pictures of it!

sick man i pre ordered a frame for december. i hope it arrives then, i planned some holydasy just for the bike build

Posted: Oct 29, 2021 at 3:44 Quote
what are your favorite forks? is the fox 38 with grip2 damping good? i could buy one for a good price but idk atm

Posted: Oct 29, 2021 at 3:50 Quote
militantmandy wrote:
Well, that's my balance paid on my 161 GX. Says 2nd week of November, so hopefully not long to wait! Excited to see the colour, since there are no good pictures of it!

Yep eagerly awaiting mine, I've only seen the colour from the pictures they sent me.

I'm wondering if the 'PRIVATEER' logo is painted or a decal, not sure the bronze works for me, could always overlay a black one on it Very confused

Posted: Oct 29, 2021 at 4:13 Quote
starkle wrote:
militantmandy wrote:
Well, that's my balance paid on my 161 GX. Says 2nd week of November, so hopefully not long to wait! Excited to see the colour, since there are no good pictures of it!

Yep eagerly awaiting mine, I've only seen the colour from the pictures they sent me.

I'm wondering if the 'PRIVATEER' logo is painted or a decal, not sure the bronze works for me, could always overlay a black one on it Very confused
The logos on the frame are painted. At least for my black 161. I have wrapped it up in a different colour and changed the steering logo.

For the forks, I am totally into coils so I would say get the fork if you like it but get a smashpot too.

Posted: Oct 29, 2021 at 4:29 Quote
Serpentras wrote:
starkle wrote:
militantmandy wrote:
Well, that's my balance paid on my 161 GX. Says 2nd week of November, so hopefully not long to wait! Excited to see the colour, since there are no good pictures of it!

Yep eagerly awaiting mine, I've only seen the colour from the pictures they sent me.

I'm wondering if the 'PRIVATEER' logo is painted or a decal, not sure the bronze works for me, could always overlay a black one on it Very confused
The logos on the frame are painted. At least for my black 161. I have wrapped it up in a different colour and changed the steering logo.

For the forks, I am totally into coils so I would say get the fork if you like it but get a smashpot too.

Logos are indeed painted or at least under the clearcoat.

Shameless plug, I've got a Zeb Ultimate w/ smashpot for sale if anyone is interested.

Posted: Oct 29, 2021 at 5:17 Quote
Ah as suspected!

I wonder if they sell, or they'll share the file to get some printed to the right size.

I plan to invisiframe it, any additional decals would be better on top rather than under that I believe?

Posted: Oct 29, 2021 at 5:29 Quote
starkle wrote:
Ah as suspected!

I wonder if they sell, or they'll share the file to get some printed to the right size.

I plan to invisiframe it, any additional decals would be better on top rather than under that I believe?

You can put them under, but then the invisiframe will not sit flush and you'll have air bubbles around the decals. Easier to put on top.

Posted: Oct 29, 2021 at 5:31 Quote
starkle wrote:
Ah as suspected!

I wonder if they sell, or they'll share the file to get some printed to the right size.

I plan to invisiframe it, any additional decals would be better on top rather than under that I believe?
I contacted privateer and they sent me the decal schematics so I could get them printed in red. Very helpful.

Posted: Oct 29, 2021 at 5:33 Quote
thedad71 wrote:
starkle wrote:
Ah as suspected!

I wonder if they sell, or they'll share the file to get some printed to the right size.

I plan to invisiframe it, any additional decals would be better on top rather than under that I believe?
I contacted privateer and they sent me the decal schematics so I could get them printed in red. Very helpful.
I can email them to you if you can't get them

Posted: Oct 29, 2021 at 6:20 Quote
thedad71 wrote:
thedad71 wrote:
starkle wrote:
Ah as suspected!

I wonder if they sell, or they'll share the file to get some printed to the right size.

I plan to invisiframe it, any additional decals would be better on top rather than under that I believe?
I contacted privateer and they sent me the decal schematics so I could get them printed in red. Very helpful.
I can email them to you if you can't get them

That would be great, thanks! I'll PM you

Posted: Nov 3, 2021 at 15:56 Quote
Gutted! Delayed another week. Hopefully that's it.

Posted: Nov 4, 2021 at 1:01 Quote
militantmandy wrote:
Gutted! Delayed another week. Hopefully that's it.

Delayed into them another week, not sure on the actual build date or delivery to customers yet though Cry

But it is what it is, the bike/shipping business is a mess currently!


 
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.005948
Mobile Version of Website