Privateer Bikes 161

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Privateer Bikes 161
Posted: Nov 4, 2021 at 1:29 Quote
i hope my frame comes on point... didnt ride for like 3 months. i have bike depression nowlol

Posted: Nov 4, 2021 at 4:57 Quote
anyone running a super deluxe ultimate coil on the 161? what tune do i need for that frame?

Posted: Nov 4, 2021 at 5:46 Quote
starkle wrote:
militantmandy wrote:
Gutted! Delayed another week. Hopefully that's it.

Delayed into them another week, not sure on the actual build date or delivery to customers yet though Cry

But it is what it is, the bike/shipping business is a mess currently!

I know I know. It's only because I was getting all excited. Saw a shipping confirmation from then...then realised it was for mech hangers!

Loving my other bike at the minute anyway, so I'm sure I can hold on another couple of weeks.

Posted: Nov 4, 2021 at 5:51 Quote
militantmandy wrote:
starkle wrote:
militantmandy wrote:
Gutted! Delayed another week. Hopefully that's it.

Delayed into them another week, not sure on the actual build date or delivery to customers yet though Cry

I know I know. It's only because I was getting all excited. Saw a shipping confirmation from then...then realised it was for mech hangers!

Loving my other bike at the minute anyway, so I'm sure I can hold on another couple of weeks.

yeah I've just ordered a spare hanger, first bit of the bike I'll have haha!

Happy I still have my enduro to ride so that'll have to hang on a bit longer, it seems to know the end it neigh for it and it keeps throwing a wobbler and breaking lol

Posted: Nov 4, 2021 at 5:52 Quote
starkle wrote:
militantmandy wrote:
starkle wrote:

Happy I still have my enduro to ride so that'll have to hang on a bit longer, it seems to know the end it neigh for it and it keeps throwing a wobbler and breaking lol

starkle what enduro do you have atm?

Posted: Nov 4, 2021 at 6:27 Quote
stonedbiker420 wrote:
starkle wrote:
militantmandy wrote:

2016 Enduro 29er

Posted: Nov 4, 2021 at 6:49 Quote
starkle wrote:
stonedbiker420 wrote:
starkle wrote:

2016 Enduro 29er

nice one, i have the 2020 one

Posted: Nov 4, 2021 at 7:08 Quote
stonedbiker420 wrote:
starkle wrote:
stonedbiker420 wrote:

2016 Enduro 29er

nice one, i have the 2020 one

Picked it up to get back into biking last May, been a great bike to be fair, just older style geo. I have an offset bush and the 27er linkage to slacken it a little.

My mate has one of you gen, running mullet, with coil front and back at like 180mm, it's a ploughing machine!

O+
Posted: Nov 4, 2021 at 7:54 Quote
stonedbiker420 wrote:
anyone running a super deluxe ultimate coil on the 161? what tune do i need for that frame?

I am running one, M/L tune, same as the stock shock that came with the bike.

Posted: Nov 5, 2021 at 7:14 Quote
IliasArk wrote:
stonedbiker420 wrote:

how does it feel? are you happy with it?

O+
Posted: Nov 5, 2021 at 8:29 Quote
stonedbiker420 wrote:
IliasArk wrote:
stonedbiker420 wrote:

I really like it but unfortunately I can’t compare it to the stock one since I swapped since day one, I really like the feel of the coil on all my bikes.. Smile Plus it looks really good! haha

photo

Posted: Nov 5, 2021 at 8:34 Quote
IliasArk wrote:
stonedbiker420 wrote:
IliasArk wrote:

I really like it but unfortunately I can’t compare it to the stock one since I swapped since day one, I really like the feel of the coil on all my bikes.. Smile Plus it looks really good! haha

photo

holllyyyy moly is that a beautytup tup tup tup

Posted: Nov 7, 2021 at 8:42 Quote
I can only talk about the super deluxe switch to a fox factory DHX2. The super deluxe is so bad compared. I can't even compare it.
I have set my coil once and that's it. I don't thinker that much around. One click more or two but that's it and only really for a very different terrain. I do more with my Lyrik and smashpot inside. More often changing the progression for it. but that is only one knob..

Posted: Nov 9, 2021 at 23:58 Quote
With my 161 (hopefully) coming soon. I wanted to ask, Invisiframe or no? It's quite expensive, but I always regretted not putting it on the Nomad. Doesn't seem to be a problem with the (steel) Murmur, which I think is powder coated. What do you think?

Posted: Nov 10, 2021 at 1:46 Quote
militantmandy wrote:
With my 161 (hopefully) coming soon. I wanted to ask, Invisiframe or no? It's quite expensive, but I always regretted not putting it on the Nomad. Doesn't seem to be a problem with the (steel) Murmur, which I think is powder coated. What do you think?

I'm in the exact same position, and I can't decide.

£80 to invisframe, but the gaps between the pieces always annoy me, or leave as is and get it painted/powdercoated for the £80 when I do the bearings at some point.

But I'm tempted to do it, as once it's scratched that's it, and the option is taken away Frown

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.013834
Mobile Version of Website