Privateer Bikes 161

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Privateer Bikes 161
Posted: Nov 23, 2021 at 9:19 Quote
militantmandy wrote:
Got an email yesterday to say my bike is being built! Scheduled for delivery this week. Fingers crossed!

Same. Still on track for week 4 which I assume is this week.

Posted: Nov 24, 2021 at 4:27 Quote
another topic then the 161

i saw that in switzerland Trp brakes are back in stock. dhr evo costs 239 chf per set. cheaper than shimano xtr and xt. does anyone have some experience with those brakes?

Posted: Nov 24, 2021 at 4:30 Quote
stonedbiker420 wrote:
another topic then the 161

i saw that in switzerland Trp brakes are back in stock. dhr evo costs 239 chf per set. cheaper than shimano xtr and xt. does anyone have some experience with those brakes?

My girlfriend runs Quadiem Evos on her enduro bike. They seem very well made. They were easy to install also. The bite doesn't seem as positive as Shimano, but maybe more so than Magura. I don't think they feel as strong as MT5, but i've not ridden them on trails. She likes them a lot though, having tried Hope, Magura and Shimano before.

Posted: Nov 24, 2021 at 4:41 Quote
Jibbaman28 wrote:
militantmandy wrote:
Got an email yesterday to say my bike is being built! Scheduled for delivery this week. Fingers crossed!

Delivery between 1400-1500 today. Obviously, this is my one day a week to be in the office.

Posted: Nov 24, 2021 at 4:46 Quote
militantmandy wrote:
Jibbaman28 wrote:
militantmandy wrote:

Delivery between 1400-1500 today. Obviously, this is my one day a week to be in the office.

Jealous Razz

I have a few holidays to take so may have the day off when mine is scheduled next week lol

Posted: Nov 24, 2021 at 4:53 Quote
militantmandy wrote:
Jibbaman28 wrote:
militantmandy wrote:

i wish you the best luck that it arrives. and a fun time on it

Posted: Nov 24, 2021 at 4:54 Quote
i hope my frame arrives on point in december..... 2 months wtihout a bike feels horrible
just wanna ride my bike

Posted: Nov 24, 2021 at 10:06 Quote
Well, good news and bad news. Colour is great, frame looks awesome. Also lighter than I expected! Not so good:

Indexing is....not
Rear brake pulls straight to bar
All frame protection is peeling off
Cables are a bit of a riot

None of this is major, but was just hoping a full build (my first for a while) would be all nice and ready to go. Will have a chat with the Privateer guys (who always seem super helpful) tomorrow and see what they say.

Posted: Nov 24, 2021 at 10:17 Quote
militantmandy wrote:
Well, good news and bad news. Colour is great, frame looks awesome. Also lighter than I expected! Not so good:

Indexing is....not

None of this is major, but was just hoping a full build (my first for a while) would be all nice and ready to go. Will have a chat with the Privateer guys (who always seem super helpful) tomorrow and see what they say.

Good news on the colour, we all took a gamble on that one!

Shame about the other things though, I get they'll be rushing them out, but yeah as you say a full build would be nice to be ready

Posted: Nov 24, 2021 at 11:59 Quote
militantmandy wrote:

Indexing is....not

I had similar issues with mine. I took off all the frame protection except downtube. Cables were all over the place, with the junction by the head tube crunching down on them. Dropper post didn't work properly as again the cable was pinched. Once I moved bits about and made sure everything was where it should be then all good. I still need to trim the Cables down but not in a hurry. I would go SRAM build next time as not impressed with the SLX.

But on the whole really impressed with it, hasn't let me down and looking forward to taking her out even more.

Posted: Nov 24, 2021 at 14:43 Quote
militantmandy wrote:

Indexing is....not

I had issues with the brakes, both pulled to the bar on the first ride. I spoke to privateer and they offered to pay for the brakes to be bled. I bought a bleed kit and they covered the cost after I sent them proof of postage. I had to shorten to dropper cable as it was ridiculous, took about 10 minutes to do that, but would have been nice if it was done from the factory.

Posted: Nov 25, 2021 at 7:37 Quote
UPDATE

Have to give Hunt/Privateer their due, they have been nothing but helpful and very responsive. Got the stuff sorted by bike shop, turned out mech hanger was bent. Hunt are sending me the money to cover the bill. Can't really ask for much better than that.

Bike looks awesome, just need to cut down bars, trim dropper cable and put in the inserts and I'll be good to go.

Posted: Nov 25, 2021 at 8:35 Quote
militantmandy wrote:
UPDATE

Have to give Hunt/Privateer their due, they have been nothing but helpful and very responsive. Got the stuff sorted by bike shop, turned out mech hanger was bent. Hunt are sending me the money to cover the bill. Can't really ask for much better than that.

Bike looks awesome, just need to cut down bars, trim dropper cable and put in the inserts and I'll be good to go.

This is why my next bike will be a Privateer again, super happy with both my bike and the guys at Privateer tup

Posted: Nov 25, 2021 at 10:41 Quote
militantmandy wrote:
UPDATE

wanna see some pictures bro

Posted: Nov 26, 2021 at 0:25 Quote
militantmandy wrote:
UPDATE

Yeah all the pictures I've seen from the owners FB group the dropper cable is huuggeeee!

Did yours come with tubeless valves in?

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.006465
Mobile Version of Website