close
Pinkbike is now part of Outside! As of December 3, 2021, please refer to the Outside Terms of Use and Privacy Policy which govern your use of the Pinkbike website and services.

Privateer Bikes 161

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Privateer Bikes 161
Posted: Dec 1, 2021 at 6:22 Quote
stonedbiker420 wrote:
thx but idk id it looks good on the invisi too..... i am not 100% shure if i will put invisi frame on it bc maybe i will sand the frame down and put a clear coat on it. i really wanted to have the raw frame. and does anybody know what type of bottom bracket i need? its gonna be my first that i will build up myself

It's a 73mm threaded.

Posted: Dec 2, 2021 at 10:46 Quote
I’ve got a P2 frame in black coming in later this month - very excited to get the bike built up.

I’m pulling some components off my Trek Fuel and have stockpiled some others. I’ve haven’t fully made it known to my wife how many new components I’ve bought. I’ll be building it up with the following:

-2021 Lyrik Ultimate in red - I purchased the fork for my Fuel earlier this year, but will put in a new 170mm airspring.
-Shimano Saint Front Brake w/203mm Ice Tech rotors + SLX w/ 180mm Ice Tech rotors for the rear
-XT 11sp drivetrain - I think 12 sp can be a bit finicky, I had an HG hub, and it’s way cheaper than 12sp
-Wheels Manufacturing BSA 30 BB with angular contact bearings
-Raceface Chainring 32T chainring (red) and Ride Crankset
-RF atlas 800mm bars with 35mm rise (red)
-35mm stem (I think I the brand is fifty fifty, but a buddy gave it to me)
-Oneup grips
-Oneup V2 dropper 185mm
-Spank Hex hubs (red)
-RF ARC Offset 35 rims
-Sapim spokes in red
-Spank Oozy Pedals (red)
-WTB Deva Saddle
-Maxxis DHF and DHR DD tires with cushcore in the rear

Considering getting a Meg neg as well for the RS SDU given what everyone has said about the tune, but concerned about the extra cost. Might reassess come spring.

Posted: Dec 3, 2021 at 3:03 Quote
TrekkingMountains wrote:
I’ve got a P2 frame in black coming in later this month - very excited to get the bike built up.

I’m pulling some components off my Trek Fuel and have stockpiled some others. I’ve haven’t fully made it known to my wife how many new components I’ve bought. I’ll be building it up with the following:

-2021 Lyrik Ultimate in red - I purchased the fork for my Fuel earlier this year, but will put in a new 170mm airspring.
-Shimano Saint Front Brake w/203mm Ice Tech rotors + SLX w/ 180mm Ice Tech rotors for the rear
-XT 11sp drivetrain - I think 12 sp can be a bit finicky, I had an HG hub, and it’s way cheaper than 12sp
-Wheels Manufacturing BSA 30 BB with angular contact bearings
-Raceface Chainring 32T chainring (red) and Ride Crankset
-RF atlas 800mm bars with 35mm rise (red)
-35mm stem (I think I the brand is fifty fifty, but a buddy gave it to me)
-Oneup grips
-Oneup V2 dropper 185mm
-Spank Hex hubs (red)
-RF ARC Offset 35 rims
-Sapim spokes in red
-Spank Oozy Pedals (red)
-WTB Deva Saddle
-Maxxis DHF and DHR DD tires with cushcore in the rear

Considering getting a Meg neg as well for the RS SDU given what everyone has said about the tune, but concerned about the extra cost. Might reassess come spring.

Sounds like it's gonna be a great build!

Posted: Dec 3, 2021 at 4:13 Quote
Banging to see so many new Privateers out there. Loving my P141 so far. Absolute beast but with some man handling becomes fun and lively! Super confident inspiring and the high stack height makes it feel so stable.

Posted: Dec 3, 2021 at 10:40 Quote
Moskau wrote:
Banging to see so many new Privateers out there. Loving my P141 so far. Absolute beast but with some man handling becomes fun and lively! Super confident inspiring and the high stack height makes it feel so stable.

100% agree. Just logged over 500 miles on my first season on the Privateer 141. It loves to eat and so good on steep, technical terrain. Geometry is very balanced in the corners as well. Love the bike and can see myself holding onto it for a long time.

Posted: Dec 3, 2021 at 11:41 Quote
My p4 161 will be arriving in the next few weeks and I am curious about the exact weight. does anyone now the exact weight of an unmodified 161 gx build in the p4 size? Also does anyone know which parts to switch out to save a bit of weight? thanks

Posted: Dec 3, 2021 at 13:11 Quote
bikefreak720 wrote:
My p4 161 will be arriving in the next few weeks and I am curious about the exact weight. does anyone now the exact weight of an unmodified 161 gx build in the p4 size? Also does anyone know which parts to switch out to save a bit of weight? thanks

I got aPrivateer 141 P4 with X2 rear, EXT Era fork, X01 cranks, X01 drivetrain, Hope V4, Fox 175 dropper, Nukeproof carbon bars and ENVE 40mm carbon stem, ENVE M730 on White Industries with Berd spokes, Oneup pedals

33.78lbs

Posted: Dec 3, 2021 at 16:28 Quote
sourdiesel wrote:
bikefreak720 wrote:

I got aPrivateer 141 P4 with X2 rear, EXT Era fork, X01 cranks, X01 drivetrain, Hope V4, Fox 175 dropper, Nukeproof carbon bars and ENVE 40mm carbon stem, ENVE M730 on White Industries with Berd spokes, Oneup pedals

33.78lbs

Sweet build. I’m guessing that’ll be about as light as any build is gonna get. What tires are you running?

Posted: Dec 3, 2021 at 17:04 Quote
jalopyj wrote:
sourdiesel wrote:
bikefreak720 wrote:

33.78lbs

Sweet build. I’m guessing that’ll be about as light as any build is gonna get. What tires are you running?

E thirteen rear enduro casing Vee Snap front trail casing

Posted: Dec 3, 2021 at 18:37 Quote
I changed various stuff on my 161 P3 and I would say it's close to 38lbs now, maybe with the upcoming upgrades it will hit 40.
It is also very expensive .

Posted: Dec 4, 2021 at 4:15 Quote
My full build P3 feels slightly lighter than it actually is. Even in mellower terrain.

Posted: Dec 4, 2021 at 22:00 Quote
bikefreak720 wrote:

I build a frame with dvo fork/shock decent tyres and rims, 16. 4 kg. It 5akes some pushing to get to speed but when it gets steep my ohh my it's a friggin beast!!!

Posted: Dec 5, 2021 at 3:59 Quote
I’m running a pretty build.
P3 P141 frame with Fox X shock.
Rockshox Lyrik Ultimates 150mm
PNW 200mm Loam dropper and Lever
Hunt Trail Wide wheelset
Onza Porcupine RC 2.5 tan upfront
Onza Porcupine tan 2.4 rear
DMR AXE cranks
OneUp Alu pedals
OneUp chainguide
GX AXS shifter and mech and chain
Garbaruk 10-52 cassette
Shimano Deore XT brakes 203/180mm
Fizik Alpaca saddle
DMR 35/35 Defy Stem and Wingbars
Deathgrips
This is around 16kg

15.5 something with summer trail tires.

She’s a lump, but once she gets going nothing ain’t stopping her.

Posted: Dec 5, 2021 at 7:29 Quote
Well after Fedex letting me down on Thursday, she arrived Friday, Inivisframed and built up and out for it's first ride Saturday, loved it!

I was worried it would feel so different to my 2016 Enduro but I felt right at home straight away!

Posted: Dec 5, 2021 at 8:03 Quote
starkle wrote:

I was worried it would feel so different to my 2016 Enduro but I felt right at home straight away!

Is that the Blue? I hoping my 161 shows up this week!

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.005799
Mobile Version of Website