Privateer Bikes 161

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Privateer Bikes 161
Posted: Dec 5, 2021 at 8:21 Quote
sourdiesel wrote:
starkle wrote:

I was worried it would feel so different to my 2016 Enduro but I felt right at home straight away!

Is that the Blue? I hoping my 161 shows up this week!

Yes it's the blue + copper, I used a Matt invisiframe kit

Posted: Dec 5, 2021 at 8:34 Quote
starkle wrote:
sourdiesel wrote:
starkle wrote:

I was worried it would feel so different to my 2016 Enduro but I felt right at home straight away!

Is that the Blue? I hoping my 161 shows up this week!

Yes it's the blue + copper, I used a Matt invisiframe kit

Nice! Yeah I got the Grey coming

Posted: Dec 5, 2021 at 22:49 Quote
starkle wrote:
Well after Fedex letting me down on Thursday, she arrived Friday, Inivisframed and built up and out for it's first ride Saturday, loved it!

starkle what framesize did you buy?

Posted: Dec 6, 2021 at 0:05 Quote
stonedbiker420 wrote:

P3,

It feels incredibly long compared to my L 2016 enduro, and the initial steep seat angle position feels weird but you very quickly get used to it

Posted: Dec 6, 2021 at 0:55 Quote
starkle wrote:
stonedbiker420 wrote:

P3,

It feels incredibly long compared to my L 2016 enduro, and the initial steep seat angle position feels weird but you very quickly get used to it

hahah nice yeah they are very long. how tall are you? idk if the p2 was the right choice, i am 178cm tall

Posted: Dec 6, 2021 at 1:24 Quote
stonedbiker420 wrote:
starkle wrote:
stonedbiker420 wrote:

P3,

hahah nice yeah they are very long. how tall are you? idk if the p2 was the right choice, i am 178cm tall

I had the same issue, I'm about 180cm and wasn't sure which to pick, but I have quite long limbs lol

Posted: Dec 6, 2021 at 1:37 Quote
starkle wrote:
stonedbiker420 wrote:
starkle wrote:

P3,

I had the same issue, I'm about 180cm and wasn't sure which to pick, but I have quite long limbs lol

my old bike had a 464 reach and a 1246 wheelbase and a 600mm toptube, the 161 has in p2 ah 1250 wheelbase and a 470 reach but a 580 toptube i think. my old bike felt a little small... but in the p3 everthing is bigger and i am scared that it will be too long to move around.

Posted: Dec 6, 2021 at 3:53 Quote
So far I have managed a measly one ride on mine, due to extensive storm damage to the trails. Hopefully I'll actually get some seat time this weekend!

One thing to bear in mind if you're waiting for a new one. If you want to run inserts, you may find that the Hunt valves do not play well with them. I am running Rimpact and oddly, it's ok on the front and not on the back. Cannot explain it. I've got some Peaty's valves to swap out. The Bourbon colour is pretty close to the copper of the frame.

Also worth noting (maybe only relevant to smaller sizes) but on my P2, my bottle cage sat a bit too low, so the first time I compressed the suspension hard, the compression adjuster gouged a hole in my lovely new Hunt water bottle. I drilled out the holes on the cage to allow it to sit higher, which seems to have sorted it.

Posted: Dec 6, 2021 at 4:06 Quote
militantmandy wrote:
So far I have managed a measly one ride on mine, due to extensive storm damage to the trails. Hopefully I'll actually get some seat time this weekend!

One thing to bear in mind if you're waiting for a new one. If you want to run inserts, you may find that the Hunt valves do not play well with them. I am running Rimpact and oddly, it's ok on the front and not on the back. Cannot explain it. I've got some Peaty's valves to swap out. The Bourbon colour is pretty close to the copper of the frame.

Also worth noting (maybe only relevant to smaller sizes) but on my P2, my bottle cage sat a bit too low, so the first time I compressed the suspension hard, the compression adjuster gouged a hole in my lovely new Hunt water bottle. I drilled out the holes on the cage to allow it to sit higher, which seems to have sorted it.
how tall are you? so you have a p2?

Posted: Dec 6, 2021 at 4:54 Quote
militantmandy wrote:

Yeah all my usual riding spots are closed still Frown

I went somewhere with a couple of more open trails but in the woods I still had to climb over a few trees.

Hoping to get an uplift day at Danny Hart's to get everything dialed in.

Thanks for the heads up on inserts re valves. I don't currently run with them, but could be tempted.

I couldn't get the seat stay brace invisiframe bit to go on decent, did your fitter manage?

Posted: Dec 6, 2021 at 5:00 Quote
starkle wrote:
militantmandy wrote:

Yeah all my usual riding spots are closed still Frown

I went somewhere with a couple of more open trails but in the woods I still had to climb over a few trees.

Hoping to get an uplift day at Danny Hart's to get everything dialed in.

Thanks for the heads up on inserts re valves. I don't currently run with them, but could be tempted.

I couldn't get the seat stay brace invisiframe bit to go on decent, did your fitter manage?

Uk forests are not in a good way right now!

RE invisiframe, yes he did a really good job. The only area there is slight bubbling is down the back of the seat tube, over the weld. Honestly, I don't notice it at all.

Posted: Dec 6, 2021 at 7:04 Quote
Anyone consider swapping the lyrik for a zeb or 38? Seems most bikes with 170+ travel up front come spec’d with the more burley forks these days.

Posted: Dec 6, 2021 at 7:11 Quote
Jibbaman28 wrote:
Anyone consider swapping the lyrik for a zeb or 38? Seems most bikes with 170+ travel up front come spec’d with the more burley forks these days.

I plan on swapping to a Fox 38 and a Fox X2... also have a Fox/Avalanche coil for lift access days...

Posted: Dec 6, 2021 at 7:20 Quote
Im lookin to go zeb and find a SDU coil for park days, but I have a meg neg ready to install on the SDU whenever I get it. Bikes sittin in New Jersey waiting for customs clearance as of last Friday.

Posted: Dec 6, 2021 at 7:22 Quote
Yeah my 161 is also sitting in NJ waiting to clear as well...

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007137
Mobile Version of Website