Privateer Bikes 161

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Privateer Bikes 161
Posted: Dec 6, 2021 at 7:25 Quote
Did you have to provide FedEx with any info? I reached out to them Friday and they said I would receive an email with a form to fill out and send back. Haven't got it yet

Posted: Dec 6, 2021 at 7:28 Quote
Yeah I got a call Friday late afternoon. They emailed me a customs document I had to fill out and sign. I submitted all the paperwork shortly after the phone call Friday and still no movement on the package today...

Posted: Dec 6, 2021 at 7:34 Quote
Right on man thanks. Guess all I can do is wait. Bummer it’s movin so slow but at least the bikes are States side!

Posted: Dec 6, 2021 at 12:51 Quote
Jibbaman28 wrote:
Anyone consider swapping the lyrik for a zeb or 38? Seems most bikes with 170+ travel up front come spec’d with the more burley forks these days.

a friend of mine rides his 161 with a fox 38. dreamy setup it is. rides like a mini dh bike. so now i bought one too

Posted: Dec 8, 2021 at 6:59 Quote
damn, just got an email from privateer
they said my december delivery gets pushed back to march week 4...... because of the painting facility. RIP
i ordered the black one bc it said that no raw frames are in stock for december. what would you do? still have some days left to pay the rest of the payment but idk if i can wait for march 2022

Posted: Dec 8, 2021 at 7:18 Quote
Ah man that sucks! That's all I can say I'm afraid.

Posted: Dec 8, 2021 at 20:32 Quote
stonedbiker420 wrote:
damn, just got an email from privateer
they said my december delivery gets pushed back to march week 4...... because of the painting facility. RIP
i ordered the black one bc it said that no raw frames are in stock for december. what would you do? still have some days left to pay the rest of the payment but idk if i can wait for march 2022

Raw is held up too, got the email as well. I'm not in a huge rush for this build but man, 3 months for a freakin clear coat?

Posted: Dec 9, 2021 at 0:17 Quote
yeah its a bummer... and i am honest, i cant wait another 3 months... so i am gonna return my money and buy something else thats on stock. maybe an alu trek slash, transition spire and patrol, or something else

you guys have some ideas? wanna expand my horizon

Posted: Dec 9, 2021 at 1:01 Quote
Pyga Slakline
biketheworld.ch

Posted: Dec 9, 2021 at 1:25 Quote
stonedbiker420 wrote:
yeah its a bummer... and i am honest, i cant wait another 3 months... so i am gonna return my money and buy something else thats on stock. maybe an alu trek slash, transition spire and patrol, or something else

Other options I considered when buying the Privateer; Trek Slash 8, Specialized Status, Nukeproof Mega alloy pro, Vitus Sommet CRS/CRX, Bird AM9, Commencal Meta AM.

Went for Privateer in the end as it was cheaper than most of those other bikes, and with a better spec and I liked the geometry.

Posted: Dec 9, 2021 at 14:54 Quote
melonhead1145 wrote:
stonedbiker420 wrote:

Other options I considered when buying the Privateer; Trek Slash 8, Specialized Status, Nukeproof Mega alloy pro, Vitus Sommet CRS/CRX, Bird AM9, Commencal Meta AM.

Went for Privateer in the end as it was cheaper than most of those other bikes, and with a better spec and I liked the geometry.

I’m planning on building up a frame. I got the email pushing back my order until March too. I’m going to stick it out as I can still ride my Trek Fuel until then, but bummed that the bike likely won’t arrive until April. I did switch mine from a Black P2 to a Raw P3 after hearing others say that the P3 felt good at 180cm.

I was also looking at a few other frames. I think the strongest contenders for me were the Guerilla Gravity Gnarvana, the RAAW Madonna, and the Commencal Meta Am. The RAAW and the the GG are a bit more than I care to spend and there were a few extra components that I would need to buy to make the Commencal work that I don’t want to have to buy.

I have seen the brand Ferrum bikes recently and have been intrigued, but I haven’t seen really reviews.

Posted: Dec 9, 2021 at 15:29 Quote
TrekkingMountains wrote:
melonhead1145 wrote:
stonedbiker420 wrote:

I’m planning on building up a frame. I got the email pushing back my order until March too. I’m going to stick it out as I can still ride my Trek Fuel until then, but bummed that the bike likely won’t arrive until April. I did switch mine from a Black P2 to a Raw P3 after hearing others say that the P3 felt good at 180cm.

I was also looking at a few other frames. I think the strongest contenders for me were the Guerilla Gravity Gnarvana, the RAAW Madonna, and the Commencal Meta Am. The RAAW and the the GG are a bit more than I care to spend and there were a few extra components that I would need to buy to make the Commencal work that I don’t want to have to buy.

I have seen the brand Ferrum bikes recently and have been intrigued, but I haven’t seen really reviews.
Sick man, happy for you. Hope you like it. I don't have a bike to use that functions since 2 months (waiting on a warranty frame). I can't wait another 3 months.. Just wanna ride a bike, so i think ill buy a trek slash or transition spire

Posted: Dec 10, 2021 at 0:30 Quote
stonedbiker420 wrote:
TrekkingMountains wrote:
melonhead1145 wrote:

Sick man, happy for you. Hope you like it. I don't have a bike to use that functions since 2 months (waiting on a warranty frame). I can't wait another 3 months.. Just wanna ride a bike, so i think ill buy a trek slash or transition spire
Unless you care hugely about the downtube storage on the Slash, get the Spire. although the GX Alloy spire build is just over £1000 more expensive here than the Privateer GX build and the parts are pretty much identical.

Posted: Dec 12, 2021 at 16:50 Quote
@sourdiesel, any movement yet? I’m still waiting on thatemail/phone call from fedex, even after making multiple phone calls to them about it.

Posted: Dec 12, 2021 at 17:16 Quote
Jibbaman28 wrote:
@sourdiesel, any movement yet? I’m still waiting on thatemail/phone call from fedex, even after making multiple phone calls to them about it.

I was about to ask you the same thing..... no movement... I even called Friday and left a message

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.006759
Mobile Version of Website