Privateer Bikes 161

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Privateer Bikes 161
Author Message
Posted: Dec 15, 2021 at 8:25 Quote
@Jibbaman28 I just got another phone call from FedEx. The 161 should be at my door this Friday.... fingers crossed

Posted: Dec 15, 2021 at 14:04 Quote
Hahaah just came here to say I finally got the documents in my inbox. Pumped for you. Pics when you get it built up. Cant wait to see the grey.

Posted: Dec 19, 2021 at 0:42 Quote
Well, finally got out for a decent ride. What a bike! Pedals great, very comfortable. Super quiet and smooth on the descents. Still need to get my suspension sorted, it's not miles off but needs some tweaking. Overall, bike feels super stable and confident. I was a bit worried that it would feel harder to turn on the tight stuff as the reach is 20mm longer than my other bike. Honestly I'm not finding it any harder on the really tight stuff than the Murmur. You definitely need to stay centred on the bike, but it's a really natural feeling position and when you're there it corners super well.

PR'd on a trail I've ridden many, many times and honestly I felt like I was going really slow! Looking forward to gettiing more time on it.

Posted: Dec 20, 2021 at 10:00 Quote
sourdiesel wrote:
@Jibbaman28 I just got another phone call from FedEx. The 161 should be at my door this Friday.... fingers crossed

Did you end up getting your bike? Mine is still stuck in customs.

Posted: Dec 20, 2021 at 10:31 Quote
evigil48 wrote:
sourdiesel wrote:
@Jibbaman28 I just got another phone call from FedEx. The 161 should be at my door this Friday.... fingers crossed

Did you end up getting your bike? Mine is still stuck in customs.

Nope...... FedEx called me last Wednesday and said I would get it last Friday... Still stuck in Customs...

Posted: Dec 20, 2021 at 11:21 Quote
I called FedEx and my bike is being returned to sender... Privateer has been really helpful, hopefully they get it back soon and can get it shipped back to me again.

It has been a long process. When it was stuck in customs, FedEx said it was because the Export Broker used a PO Box instead of a physical address. Privateer got all that fixed and then I provided my Importer Identity form to FedEx and had not heard anything for a week so I called today and they are showing that the bike is already back on the UK.

sourdiesel wrote:
evigil48 wrote:
sourdiesel wrote:
@Jibbaman28 I just got another phone call from FedEx. The 161 should be at my door this Friday.... fingers crossed

Did you end up getting your bike? Mine is still stuck in customs.

Nope...... FedEx called me last Wednesday and said I would get it last Friday... Still stuck in Customs...

Posted: Dec 20, 2021 at 11:38 Quote
evigil48 wrote:
I called FedEx and my bike is being returned to sender... Privateer has been really helpful, hopefully they get it back soon and can get it shipped back to me again.

It has been a long process. When it was stuck in customs, FedEx said it was because the Export Broker used a PO Box instead of a physical address. Privateer got all that fixed and then I provided my Importer Identity form to FedEx and had not heard anything for a week so I called today and they are showing that the bike is already back on the UK

So wait..... will I have the same scenario?? FedEx has called me twice over the package. First call was to fill out some paperwork. Then a call last Wednesday over the content, wheel size and bike weight. He said all the paperwork looked good and I should receive the bike Friday 12/17....

I've called twice and left a voice mail to see where the bike is. The tracking number still shows it sitting in NJ

Posted: Dec 20, 2021 at 13:16 Quote
I am not sure. Mine was sitting in TN and FedEx never called or emailed me to get the paperwork. I was had been calling them and submitted all my paperwork but it must not have been fast enough. And for mine, they used a new tracking number to send it back. So my original tracking still shows that it is in TN even though it is not.

sourdiesel wrote:
evigil48 wrote:
I called FedEx and my bike is being returned to sender... Privateer has been really helpful, hopefully they get it back soon and can get it shipped back to me again.

It has been a long process. When it was stuck in customs, FedEx said it was because the Export Broker used a PO Box instead of a physical address. Privateer got all that fixed and then I provided my Importer Identity form to FedEx and had not heard anything for a week so I called today and they are showing that the bike is already back on the UK

So wait..... will I have the same scenario?? FedEx has called me twice over the package. First call was to fill out some paperwork. Then a call last Wednesday over the content, wheel size and bike weight. He said all the paperwork looked good and I should receive the bike Friday 12/17....

I've called twice and left a voice mail to see where the bike is. The tracking number still shows it sitting in NJ

Posted: Dec 20, 2021 at 13:37 Quote
Thats sucks sorry to hear.... whats Privateer going to do about that for you???

evigil48 wrote:
I am not sure. Mine was sitting in TN and FedEx never called or emailed me to get the paperwork. I was had been calling them and submitted all my paperwork but it must not have been fast enough. And for mine, they used a new tracking number to send it back. So my original tracking still shows that it is in TN even though it is not.

sourdiesel wrote:
evigil48 wrote:
I called FedEx and my bike is being returned to sender... Privateer has been really helpful, hopefully they get it back soon and can get it shipped back to me again.

It has been a long process. When it was stuck in customs, FedEx said it was because the Export Broker used a PO Box instead of a physical address. Privateer got all that fixed and then I provided my Importer Identity form to FedEx and had not heard anything for a week so I called today and they are showing that the bike is already back on the UK

So wait..... will I have the same scenario?? FedEx has called me twice over the package. First call was to fill out some paperwork. Then a call last Wednesday over the content, wheel size and bike weight. He said all the paperwork looked good and I should receive the bike Friday 12/17....

I've called twice and left a voice mail to see where the bike is. The tracking number still shows it sitting in NJ

Posted: Dec 22, 2021 at 2:20 Quote
For those with a P2, any bright ideas on where to put a tool / tube strap?

Posted: Dec 22, 2021 at 6:21 Quote
militantmandy wrote:
For those with a P2, any bright ideas on where to put a tool / tube strap?

Don't have a P2, but I put my tube & tire lever combo strapped on the top tube closest to the seattube. Essentially, right above the shock.

Posted: Dec 22, 2021 at 7:46 Quote
I have a P3 and use a specialized SWAT saddle that attaches tube, tyre levers, CO2 and patches, also room for mech hanger.

Posted: Dec 22, 2021 at 11:24 Quote
Thanks guys, looks like it'll just about fit where Dirk suggested. I'll check out the swat thing too.

Posted: Dec 22, 2021 at 14:08 Quote
I have a P2, I have the 70cc oneup pump with EDc tool and tyre plugs under the bottle cage, tube strapped to the top tube by the seattube. Does fit a 600ml bottle (just). Had to get a specialized zee cage as it's one of the only ones slim enough to fit the pump and a bottle without hitting the shock or top tube.

Posted: Dec 22, 2021 at 14:12 Quote

Not the best pick to show the pump but the best I have at the moment


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008569
Mobile Version of Website