Privateer Bikes 161

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Privateer Bikes 161
Posted: Dec 27, 2021 at 15:53 Quote
Looks good with that kashima! Whats the red cap on the air side of the fork? DSD Runt cartridge?

Posted: Dec 27, 2021 at 16:07 Quote
Jibbaman28 wrote:
Looks good with that kashima! Whats the red cap on the air side of the fork? DSD Runt cartridge?

Thanks! Yep DSD RUNT

Posted: Dec 27, 2021 at 17:44 Quote
2022 Privateer 141

Here's my 141. Waiting on my ENVE M730 to come back and I got an EXT Arma coil coming...

Posted: Dec 27, 2021 at 23:38 Quote
sourdiesel wrote:

Upgraded to 38 and Fox X2 Oneup Components 35 riser and RaceFace 40mm Turbine stem

GX carbon cranks to come and a few other upgrades

Looks awesome with the 38s! Part of me considered a Zeb, but the Lyrik is amazing. Agree with the choice of riser too. That, a 200mm rear rotor and a bottle cage that doesn't foul the rebound adjuster are the only things I think I need to change.

Posted: Dec 27, 2021 at 23:47 Quote
Elite prism side entry cage, and specialized purist bottle works on my P3. That’s with a one up pump mount underneath too! Clears the compression knob on the shock, and the bottle misses the frame by about 1-2mm.

Posted: Dec 28, 2021 at 0:02 Quote
Deadweight wrote:
Elite prism side entry cage, and specialized purist bottle works on my P3. That’s with a one up pump mount underneath too! Clears the compression knob on the shock, and the bottle misses the frame by about 1-2mm.

Thanks for the info. There's a specialized dealer near by.

Posted: Dec 28, 2021 at 1:00 Quote
Specialized make bottles for loads of brands. I’ve got a one-up, and a rapha bottle that are both actually specialized ones! Can sometimes get them cheaper from places!

Posted: Dec 28, 2021 at 6:55 Quote
Deadweight wrote:

Yeah I have a Spech sideload on my P3 that just misses the compression knob. It’s a pain taking the bottle in and out to fine tune the location so it doesnt hit the frame or compression knob.

Posted: Dec 31, 2021 at 12:42 Quote
@141

Just mounted up the Big YT fidlock bottle on my P3 and it has plenty of room. Clears the compression dial on the super deluxe by about 5mm and the bottom of the top tube by probably the same.

Posted: Dec 31, 2021 at 13:09 Quote
Jibbaman28 wrote:
@141

Just mounted up the Big YT fidlock bottle on my P3 and it has plenty of room. Clears the compression dial on the super deluxe by about 5mm and the bottom of the top tube by probably the same.

That's awesome to know.

Posted: Dec 31, 2021 at 14:38 Quote
Jibbaman28 wrote:
@141

Awesome great to hear!

Posted: Jan 21, 2022 at 2:00 Quote
I've joined the queue for the updated protection kit, the only thing I've had issues with.

Loving the bike though! But keep looking to change the rear tyre, shame it didn't come with a big betty Cry

Posted: Jan 21, 2022 at 2:02 Quote
starkle wrote:
I've joined the queue for the updated protection kit, the only thing I've had issues with.

Loving the bike though! But keep looking to change the rear tyre, shame it didn't come with a big betty Cry

I spoke to Privateer and was told they would contact existing owners and these would be given out for free. Keep an eye on your emails.

I don't mind the hans dampf, it's good in the dry, on hardpack and loose over hard. It's not the best in soft loam, or wet mud though. A good tyre for summer, maybe not for winter. When mine wear out I'm going over to Maxxis DHR/Assegai. Would be nice also if they would fit the supersoft super trail Magic Mary on the front (although that has only just become available), I find the soft compound is a little too hard for wet rocks and roots, fine in the dry.

Posted: Jan 21, 2022 at 2:27 Quote
starkle wrote:

Didn't know they were doing a new protection kit. Is this to replace the crappy neoprene stuff that was falling off on arrival?

Absolutely loving this bike so far. Best cornering bike I've ever ridden! My only major gripe really are the Code R brakes. Bleed them, feel great, ride a trail, lever comes to bar....rinse and repeat. Even when they seem to be working, they're still not that great. I did add a 200 rotor to rear which has made things marginally better. I think I will swap with some MT5s I have.

Posted: Jan 21, 2022 at 3:47 Quote
militantmandy wrote:
starkle wrote:

Didn't know they were doing a new protection kit. Is this to replace the crappy neoprene stuff that was falling off on arrival?

Absolutely loving this bike so far. Best cornering bike I've ever ridden! My only major gripe really are the Code R brakes. Bleed them, feel great, ride a trail, lever comes to bar....rinse and repeat. Even when they seem to be working, they're still not that great. I did add a 200 rotor to rear which has made things marginally better. I think I will swap with some MT5s I have.

Yeah, mine wasn't very well adhered either, they have a V2 kit, I saw it on the Privateers Owners FB group, looks much better, like a proper chainstay protector.

When I built it up I swapped my Fabio MT5's on straight away with double 203mm rotors, I loved them before so would rather stick with what I know!

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008071
Mobile Version of Website