Privateer Bikes 161

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Privateer Bikes 161
Posted: Jan 21, 2022 at 3:49 Quote
melonhead1145 wrote:
I spoke to Privateer and was told they would contact existing owners and these would be given out for free. Keep an eye on your emails.

I don't mind the hans dampf, it's good in the dry, on hardpack and loose over hard. It's not the best in soft loam, or wet mud though. A good tyre for summer, maybe not for winter. When mine wear out I'm going over to Maxxis DHR/Assegai. Would be nice also if they would fit the supersoft super trail Magic Mary on the front (although that has only just become available), I find the soft compound is a little too hard for wet rocks and roots, fine in the dry.

Yes they are FOC.

My current riding is a lot of wet mud and it seems all over the place lol
Tempted to get another Mary or I have a DHR on my old enduro I could swap on

Posted: Jan 21, 2022 at 6:01 Quote
melonhead1145 wrote:
starkle wrote:
I've joined the queue for the updated protection kit, the only thing I've had issues with.

Loving the bike though! But keep looking to change the rear tyre, shame it didn't come with a big betty Cry

I spoke to Privateer and was told they would contact existing owners and these would be given out for free. Keep an eye on your emails.

I don't mind the hans dampf, it's good in the dry, on hardpack and loose over hard. It's not the best in soft loam, or wet mud though. A good tyre for summer, maybe not for winter. When mine wear out I'm going over to Maxxis DHR/Assegai. Would be nice also if they would fit the supersoft super trail Magic Mary on the front (although that has only just become available), I find the soft compound is a little too hard for wet rocks and roots, fine in the dry.

Oh sweet, I have a cut down Forbidden Druid chainstay protector, the original one was falling off on arrival.

Posted: Jan 23, 2022 at 5:48 Quote
https://www.privateerbikes.com/products/pvt-v2-frame-protection-kit

Looks much better!

Posted: Jan 23, 2022 at 8:12 Quote
Wonder if this kit will be provided to the current owners, since the stock protection is peeling off right out of the box. Just went and looked it up and it costs as much to ship it to the US as the price of the kit itself.

Posted: Jan 23, 2022 at 8:28 Quote
Jibbaman28 wrote:
Wonder if this kit will be provided to the current owners, since the stock protection is peeling off right out of the box. Just went and looked it up and it costs as much to ship it to the US as the price of the kit itself.
Yeah, i just looked too and it’s too much to spend on shipping. I really hope for a replacement kit to be provided. Or at least the US HQ get some that they can ship out for a lot less than $28.

Posted: Jan 23, 2022 at 9:27 Quote
Jibbaman28 wrote:
should be FOC for current owner's, can't comment about poatage to US though

Posted: Jan 24, 2022 at 5:09 Quote
poleczechy wrote:
Jibbaman28 wrote:
Yeah, i just looked too and it’s too much to spend on shipping. I really hope for a replacement kit to be provided. Or at least the US HQ get some that they can ship out for a lot less than $28.

Contact them in the chat on the website. They didn't indicate that a stock would be available at US office, but are sending a kit for free.

Posted: Jan 24, 2022 at 7:07 Quote
gerhards wrote:
poleczechy wrote:
Jibbaman28 wrote:

Contact them in the chat on the website. They didn't indicate that a stock would be available at US office, but are sending a kit for free.

I've just contracted them on the site and they are shipping my new protection kit. Thanks for the heads up!

Posted: Jan 24, 2022 at 7:25 Quote
militantmandy wrote:
gerhards wrote:
poleczechy wrote:

I've just contracted them on the site and they are shipping my new protection kit. Thanks for the heads up!

Yup same here!

Posted: Jan 26, 2022 at 0:25 Quote
Do you need to contact them for the upgraded protection kit or are they automatically sending them out to the V1 owners?

Posted: Jan 26, 2022 at 0:28 Quote
diggerythedog wrote:
Do you need to contact them for the upgraded protection kit or are they automatically sending them out to the V1 owners?

You need to contact and demonstrate that the kit you have is crap, which shouldn't be too hard! Just chat to them on the site.

Posted: Jan 26, 2022 at 1:13 Quote
Yeah, my original protection has long gone

Posted: Jan 26, 2022 at 2:33 Quote
militantmandy wrote:
diggerythedog wrote:

You need to contact and demonstrate that the kit you have is crap, which shouldn't be too hard! Just chat to them on the site.

When I spoke to them they said they would be contacting owners. Looks like I will have to get on the chat

Posted: Jan 26, 2022 at 6:09 Quote
melonhead1145 wrote:
militantmandy wrote:
diggerythedog wrote:

When I spoke to them they said they would be contacting owners. Looks like I will have to get on the chat
They were quick to send them out too, mine is in- transit.

Posted: Jan 26, 2022 at 6:56 Quote
Just spoke to them on chat and they have just ordered my replacements. Smile

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006527
Mobile Version of Website