Privateer Bikes 161

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Privateer Bikes 161
Posted: Jun 24, 2022 at 10:59 Quote
My raw is still in great condition Big Grin

Posted: Jul 11, 2022 at 12:07 Quote
Anyone here who imported one of these into Europe recently? Is it a pain in the ass to get it through customs? I recently grenaded my Scott Ransom and the 161 could be a worthy replacement.

Posted: Jul 12, 2022 at 12:19 Quote
Muscovir wrote:
Anyone here who imported one of these into Europe recently? Is it a pain in the ass to get it through customs? I recently grenaded my Scott Ransom and the 161 could be a worthy replacement.

Why would it be?
Use the EU website and at the top they state all import taxes are included

Posted: Jul 15, 2022 at 1:11 Quote
Out to Morzine next week, so stoked tup

Slightly scared how fast the 161 is compared to my 2016 Enduro I was riding last year, and how I'll manage some of the tighter berms. I've had this 7 months and it still feels looonnnnngggg!

photo

A quick spring swap and she should be good to go Beer

Posted: Jul 15, 2022 at 1:28 Quote
Im out on the 23rd, looking forward to taking the 161 as I did not get out there last year, I'm a little nervous as well, as I haven't ridden her a great deal this year, just a few outings to BPW, peaks and Chicksands. But really looking forward to it.
photo

Posted: Jul 15, 2022 at 2:19 Quote
thedad71 wrote:
Im out on the 23rd

That's the day I get there, with my mate on another 161 lol

I've ridden more tight techy offpiste stuff that flat out flow really so it'll be an eye opener for sure

Posted: Jul 16, 2022 at 7:46 Quote
NordicRider wrote:
Muscovir wrote:

Why would it be?

Yes, thanks.

Unfortunately the 161 in Size 3 seems to be completely sold out and their support told me that they probably won’t have any in stock anytime soon. Looks like Privateer made exactly the right bike at the right time and sold it for the right price.

Will have to look elsewhere though. Currently thinking of Propain, RAAW or Canyon.

Posted: Jul 16, 2022 at 10:41 Quote
Muscovir wrote:
Will have to look elsewhere though. Currently thinking of Propain, RAAW or Canyon.

What about putting a bigger fork and angleset on a 141?

Posted: Jul 16, 2022 at 11:31 Quote
Muscovir wrote:
NordicRider wrote:
Muscovir wrote:

Why would it be?

Yes, thanks.

Unfortunately the 161 in Size 3 seems to be completely sold out and their support told me that they probably won’t have any in stock anytime soon. Looks like Privateer made exactly the right bike at the right time and sold it for the right price.

The meta AM is pretty close to the privateer numbers wise.

Posted: Jul 16, 2022 at 13:55 Quote
haen wrote:
Muscovir wrote:

What about putting a bigger fork and angleset on a 141?

whatever you do, stay away from the CF spectral, The current 22 models have a Cracking BB problem, super widespread.

Posted: Jul 18, 2022 at 3:01 Quote
You're getting rid of a 141 as it's 20mm short of travel?

Am I reading that right?

Wow

20mm is 2cm.

Posted: Jul 18, 2022 at 3:05 Quote
Pretty sure the guy said he "grenaded" his Scott Ransom and wanted a 161 to replace that, but they are out of stock

Posted: Jul 18, 2022 at 3:15 Quote
If you are looking for a new bike, ones I would consider, Nukeproof Mega/Giga, Vitus Sommet, Commencal Meta, Trek Slash, Propain Tyee/Spindrift. I think all are generally good value, and most of these have a price point around the 161.

I think If I had to buy a brand new bike today I would be buying this
really good value for full Factory Fox, XT brakes and drivetrain, plus it's actually in stock! Ok I don't think you are getting much more performance than a 161 but as we know they are hard to get hold of.

O+
Posted: Jul 18, 2022 at 3:56 Quote
I got both the 141 and the 161. Honestly the 141 is better suited for everything! The 161 feel straight up like a Enduro/park bike. Made for one thing going fast.... the 141 is just as capable and trail ride so much better! I have this baller rowdy dh line here locally and I'm 3 sec faster om the 141 then the 161....

141 is just a stable and more playful then the 161

Posted: Jul 18, 2022 at 4:57 Quote
Shameless plug. If anyone is interested I have my beloved P3 161 with a EXT Storia for sale. Feel free to message me if you're interested.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.021984
Mobile Version of Website