Privateer Bikes 161

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Privateer Bikes 161
Posted: Jul 18, 2022 at 5:05 Quote
sourdiesel wrote:
The 161 feel straight up like a Enduro/park bike

It's definitely enduro-y, but it's still versatile. I did a 75km/2200m epic on Saturday and it was great! It pedals really well.

Posted: Jul 20, 2022 at 4:52 Quote
sacalobra wrote:
You're getting rid of a 141 as it's 20mm short of travel?

Am I reading that right?

Wow

20mm is 2cm.

No, you're not reading that right.
I recently broke the frame on my 2019 Scott Ransom. The downtube/bottom bracket area had an encounter with a rock and didn't survive. I'm looking for a replacement and the 161 looked like it could have been a suiting candidate. But unfortunately it won't be available anytime soon. The 141 isn't really what I'm looking for as I already have a short-ish travel trail bike.

Sorry for going off topic.

Posted: Jul 27, 2022 at 19:51 Quote
Just received a 141 and was wondering if anyone had any good links about how to dial in LSC (for the Float X) and LSC/HSC (for the Pike Ultimate). How about some good starting points for me to work from?

Thanks.

Posted: Jul 28, 2022 at 1:59 Quote
for basic fork settings i recommend rockshox trailhead tuning app to start with!

Posted: Jul 28, 2022 at 2:05 Quote
Trailhead only tells you pressure and rebound? I never saw settings for HSC and LSC in there

Posted: Jul 28, 2022 at 2:08 Quote
melonhead1145 wrote:
Trailhead only tells you pressure and rebound? I never saw settings for HSC and LSC in there

Correct, it's a bit rubbish TBH. I started wide open and then bracketed till it felt good.

Posted: Jul 28, 2022 at 7:59 Quote
Thanks, I was ready to experiment but didn't know where to start. All the dials were set mid range when I played with them last night.

So rear LSC I'm thinking wide open unless I think I need a little more support for climbing or smooth flow trails (I'm not that good so not sure I'll really notice).

Front LSC wide open and watch for brake dive or lurchy weight transfers, add some if it's bothering me.
Front HSC wide open, Rockshox manual indicates playing with this to manage sharp impacts vs. too much travel used, just going to leave this one for now until I have some time on the bike and know how it rides.

Posted: Jul 28, 2022 at 8:50 Quote
I'd always start more open and close as you see hit. LSC open unless you feel you need more support. HSC can be more difficult to test, as you need to get the bigger hits in, but I think mine is set in the middle and that seems pretty good for most stuff

Posted: Jul 28, 2022 at 9:42 Quote
melonhead1145 wrote:
I'd always start more open and close as you see hit. LSC open unless you feel you need more support. HSC can be more difficult to test, as you need to get the bigger hits in, but I think mine is set in the middle and that seems pretty good for most stuff

Salute

Posted: Jul 28, 2022 at 11:05 Quote
it's true but pressure and rebound (for me) are the first 2 parameters to focus on...and trailhead's suggestions are good starting point. then it comes compression settings.

Posted: Jul 28, 2022 at 16:04 Quote
Trailhead app suggested the correct pressure and rebound for me to be fair.

Posted: Jul 28, 2022 at 17:11 Quote
Like a lot of people I tend to start with rebound in the middle and tune HSC/LSC from wide open. I personally run a bit higher pressures so I have my HSC is wide open, LSC is two from open, rebound is one faster than trailhead suggests. Since i run higher pressure i’ve only got one Token.

Posted: Aug 8, 2022 at 6:25 Quote
Weighed my new bike yesterday - 141 P2 with bottle cage (cheapo amazon side loader), GX build with a Pike and Float X and a set of old clipless XT pedals came in at 33.9 lbs.

Posted: Aug 11, 2022 at 0:34 Quote
Got some 38s for an absolute steal. Looking forward to riding, once the bloody COVID finally leaves me.

Posted: Aug 11, 2022 at 3:08 Quote
militantmandy wrote:
Got some 38s for an absolute steal. Looking forward to riding, once the bloody COVID finally leaves me.

Looks Rad!

I saw sssoooo many other Privateers out in Morzine but not one other blue one, seems a small cool gang Razz

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008177
Mobile Version of Website