Privateer Bikes 161

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Privateer Bikes 161
| Next Page
Posted: Aug 11, 2022 at 3:10 Quote
Thanks many! Yeah you don't see many around and they no longer seem to be offering the colour.

Posted: Aug 11, 2022 at 3:22 Quote
Morzine was a blast, 12 days riding, a few smallish mechanicals and bigish crashes for the group but nothing holiday ending. My mate Peter and I flying on the 161s.

I had a rattle for the first few days, which turned out to be my coil shock damper body unwinding from the top eyelet Eek , stock shock back on for the rest of the trip and the bikes still an absolute weapon.

Some of the best bits :
https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cg7ROIyrqQG/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Posted: Aug 11, 2022 at 6:52 Quote
I'm so jealous. I was supposed to go to Morzine last week, but went on a sun holiday a few months ago instead! Turns out wives prefer the idea of taking kids to pools and beaches rather than mountains and biking. Was planning on driving but with fuel going up, and the chunnel being ridiculously priced due to summer holidays helped stick the nail in. Think next time I'll fly out on my own, as part of the reason for driving was because the family was going to tag along.

TBH it's good I didn't go as a fractured my shoulder 4 weeks ago and haven't ridden since! hopefully I will get a quick, easy spin this weekend.

Posted: Aug 11, 2022 at 15:43 Quote
militantmandy wrote:
Got some 38s for an absolute steal. Looking forward to riding, once the bloody COVID finally leaves me.

Looking good! Think about adding a megneg on that rear shock next.

Posted: Aug 12, 2022 at 0:13 Quote
haen wrote:
militantmandy wrote:
Got some 38s for an absolute steal. Looking forward to riding, once the bloody COVID finally leaves me.

I thought about the megneg before finding a coil (which is now needing to be sent off Frown ) how do you find it?

I saw some reports lighter people were struggling to use all the travel after fitting one

Posted: Aug 12, 2022 at 0:25 Quote
starkle wrote:

I saw some reports lighter people were struggling to use all the travel after fitting one

This is what happened to me when I tried it on my V4 Nomad. Definitely something I'd consider trying though, as it's quite a cheap experiment.

I have a pal with a 161 who wants to swap my air for his coil, so that's hopefully coming soon.

Posted: Aug 12, 2022 at 1:44 Quote
militantmandy wrote:
starkle wrote:

This is what happened to me when I tried it on my V4 Nomad. Definitely something I'd consider trying though, as it's quite a cheap experiment.

I have a pal with a 161 who wants to swap my air for his coil, so that's hopefully coming soon.

Yeah I might have a look, I was quite enjoying the coil until it dismembered itself though. Looking to get it rebuilt and reshimmed to a lower compression tune. It does ride really nice with the original air shock though so I don't feel like im missing out loads haha

Posted: Aug 12, 2022 at 8:43 Quote
starkle wrote:
haen wrote:
militantmandy wrote:

I thought about the megneg before finding a coil (which is now needing to be sent off Frown ) how do you find it?

I'm a relatively light rider (160lbs / 72kg) and I found the MegNeg really improved the performance in the rear. I'm able to use all the travel.

I also installed a DSD Runt in the front which has been a bit of work to tune but works well.

Posted: Aug 12, 2022 at 9:05 Quote
starkle wrote:
haen wrote:
militantmandy wrote:

I am not a light rider, 205lbs and I rarely ever used all the travel on the stock rear can, which was surprising since so many lighter riders had been going through travel so easily. I recently got a 2023 Super Deluxe coil and really like it compared to the stock air.

Posted: Sep 2, 2022 at 6:19 Quote
I've just swapped my shock for a SD Ultimate Coil as a bit of an experiment. Will see how it goes this weekend.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011061
Mobile Version of Website