Privateer Bikes 161

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Privateer Bikes 161
Posted: May 20, 2020 at 13:27 Quote
7hundredpirate wrote:
adespotoskyli, you got any pics of your build? The p4 must be a monster.

This is my P4. It looks huge but doesn't feel it when riding.

https://m.vitalmtb.com/community/DonnySoldier,52304/setup,41468

Posted: May 21, 2020 at 9:53 Quote
sir-hc wrote:
jkalis wrote:
I did the same. For the moment I removed the small token in the positive chamber but kept the GnarDog, and I put 4 bands in the negative to favor a lively/playful ride.

How did you configure yours?

All the negative volume, left the positve spacers in, will have a bounce around later and try taking them out.

Actually there is no GnarDog, only two spacers in the positive. I removed both of them and put three bands in the negative chamber, pressure is 135 psi, sag 30%. It’s working great for my weight (I’m only 56 kg!): using full travel when I’m supposed to, good compromise between playfulness and small bump sensitivity.

Posted: May 22, 2020 at 11:42 Quote
Update: just got a request to pay the final balance and they are expecting delivery to the UK
warehouse next week as expected :-D :-D :-D

Posted: May 22, 2020 at 11:48 Quote
bengtleon wrote:
Update: just got a request to pay the final balance and they are expecting delivery to the UK
Yeahhh I have already paid mine.

Posted: May 22, 2020 at 12:00 Quote
bengtleon wrote:

Same here, man am I hyped about this bike again. The raw frame with a red lyrik is going to look so good

Posted: May 22, 2020 at 14:41 Quote
jkalis wrote:
sir-hc wrote:
jkalis wrote:
I did the same. For the moment I removed the small token in the positive chamber but kept the GnarDog, and I put 4 bands in the negative to favor a lively/playful ride.

How did you configure yours?

All the negative volume, left the positve spacers in, will have a bounce around later and try taking them out.

Actually there is no GnarDog, only two spacers in the positive. I removed both of them and put three bands in the negative chamber, pressure is 135 psi, sag 30%. It’s working great for my weight (I’m only 56 kg!): using full travel when I’m supposed to, good compromise between playfulness and small bump sensitivity.

Meant to post up the same, need to find my picks to extract the tokens. Going to try one less and 1 band in the negative chamber.

Currently I'm at two positive tokens, 0 negative, 185psi at 93kg. Using full travel. Could do with a a slightly lighter rebound tune and finer adjustment IMO, current in between 2 and 3 clicks from full open and two clicks of lsc from fully open

Posted: May 25, 2020 at 4:02 Quote
Hoping the boat with the frames arrives today.

Posted: May 28, 2020 at 23:44 Quote
7hundredpirate wrote:
The frames arrives yesterday, is possible that today they send some frames to the owners.

I have to wait a little bit more I buy a full build.

Posted: May 29, 2020 at 0:50 Quote
Grescas wrote:
7hundredpirate wrote:
The frames arrives yesterday, is possible that today they send some frames to the owners.

I have to wait a little bit more I buy a full build.

That is good news.

adespotoskyli wrote:
7hundredpirate wrote:
adespotoskyli, you got any pics of your build? The p4 must be a monster.
I'll get some on Sunday's ride.

How does it ride?

I just got the riderfirm ship notice and arrival tomorrow. Woohoo!

Posted: May 29, 2020 at 4:14 Quote
7hundredpirate wrote:
I just got the riderfirm ship notice and arrival tomorrow. Woohoo!

I am guessing that you ordered only the frame? What components are you putting on it?

Man I am hyped for when I get that shipped notice

Posted: May 29, 2020 at 11:03 Quote
I also got a shipping notice for my frame. The final ingredient of my future shred sled will be here Tuesday (fingers crossed)!

Posted: May 29, 2020 at 14:20 Quote
Does anyone has experience with a coil shock yet?

Posted: May 29, 2020 at 14:28 Quote
undercoverfreak wrote:
Does anyone has experience with a coil shock yet?

My friend with a 161 has a MegNeg with no reducers, which is between the standard spring and a coil. He likes it. If a MegNeg is a step in the right direction, then a coil should also work. The motion ratio curve is progressive enough for a coil to be reasonable.

Posted: May 29, 2020 at 20:12 Quote
I would like to put on 200mm rotors on the bike--MIght somebody advise which adapter to get?

Posted: May 29, 2020 at 20:48 Quote
gutterdog wrote:
I would like to put on 200mm rotors on the bike--MIght somebody advise which adapter to get?

+20 spacer, it's 180 std. I used a +40 spacer and run magura 220 discs

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006382
Mobile Version of Website