Privateer Bikes 161

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Privateer Bikes 161
Posted: Jun 5, 2020 at 22:47 Quote
@donny, thanks :-)

Yes that's kind of weird, but doesn't really matter in real life. It rides great, and I climbed 1k on it yesterday no problem (other than my physical limitations being a chunky boy). I weighed it on a bathroom scale. Maybe I just need to re-measure?

Posted: Jun 6, 2020 at 11:53 Quote
Almost done with mine, can’t wait to try it out!

Regarding some folks asking about derailleur hangers... I’ve ordered an extra spare but wasn’t with frame shipment. Privateer has promptly responded that it’s on back order and will ship separate.

It’s 32.9lb with mock alloy wheels with tubes, no chain, derailleur, cables or pedals... hoping it stays close to 33lb with carbon wheels and tubeless Smile

No special parts other than:
-Fox 36 frankenfork: 37mm offset CSU, grip2, 160/135mm talas
-Fox nude tr 205x65mm, Scott twinloc lever

Posted: Jun 7, 2020 at 10:58 Quote
Anyone got experience with water bottle fitment for the P4? I have both a small fidlock (currently on my jeffsy) and the big fidlock (on my roadbike), I have seen some complaining about the shock hitting the bottle, but I think that was on smaller sizes. Any information or suggestions for the biggest water bottle with cage it can fit?

Posted: Jun 7, 2020 at 13:39 Quote
NordicRider wrote:
Anyone got experience with water bottle fitment for the P4? I have both a small fidlock (currently on my jeffsy) and the big fidlock (on my roadbike), I have seen some complaining about the shock hitting the bottle, but I think that was on smaller sizes. Any information or suggestions for the biggest water bottle with cage it can fit?

I've got a P4. Can't comment on fidlock but I've got an elite custom race cage with an elite fly MTB 550 bottle and fits fine.

Posted: Jun 7, 2020 at 13:58 Quote
@vixtory80 that's awesome. Congrats! How is the riding where you live, and how did you choose that shock? That looks like a lite build. And have you testet that fork? Looks sick

@nordicrider I would like to test the new one. Is that like 490ml? The 350 is way too small for proper riding. I just think it is to expensive to buy if it doesn't fit. Oh, and a lidded bottle would have been the dream today.
The frame is refreshingly easy to clean apart from the hole under the lower machined piece thingy. During the ride today we talked about making a 3d printed lid to it and keep a spare derailleur hanger in there.

And, regarding derailleur hangers: I have also ordered one, that haven't shown up yet. I'll make a call to the rider firm tomorrow and see if there is someone that knows what the name and make for it is. I'm pretty sure that they haven't custom designed it themselves. If they don't want to tell me, is there anyone that lives near betd, north shore billet or an other maker of hangers that can go in with theirs and see what it? So maybe we just can order it from a third party.

Posted: Jun 8, 2020 at 1:03 Quote
bengtleon wrote:
@nordicrider I would like to test the new one. Is that like 490ml? The 350 is way too small for proper riding. I just think it is to expensive to buy if it doesn't fit. Oh, and a lidded bottle would have been the dream today.
They have a 450ml (with and without mudcap), 590(new with mudcap) and a 600, I currently own the old no mudcap 450 and 600. I was hoping to be able to fit the "big" 600ml or some other bigger waterbottle

@DonnySoldier do you think it can fit a bigger bottle if it was in a side loaded cage?

Posted: Jun 8, 2020 at 3:02 Quote
NordicRider wrote:
bengtleon wrote:
They have a 450ml (with and without mudcap), 590(new with mudcap) and a 600, I currently own the old no mudcap 450 and 600. I was hoping to be able to fit the "big" 600ml or some other bigger waterbottle

@DonnySoldier do you think it can fit a bigger bottle if it was in a side loaded cage?

I was of by 100ml, and should have googled before posting. But my point still stands; I would like to try the (edit) 590ml bottle. But not stoked on buying it and finding out it doesn't fit.

Posted: Jun 8, 2020 at 4:35 Quote
Anyone have a rear wheel hunt enduro rear with microspline ?

I have a problem with it : Before I believed that the wheel has problem with the bearing because, I have some play in the back.

But I 've checked and rechecked again and I found that today : when I tight well (aprox 10N.m) the wheel have play, when I tight less, no play at all...

Any idea ?

Posted: Jun 8, 2020 at 4:36 Quote
bengtleon wrote:
NordicRider wrote:
bengtleon wrote:

I was of by 100ml, and should have googled before posting. But my point still stands; I would like to try the (edit) 590ml bottle. But not stoked on buying it and finding out it doesn't fit.

I have a 620 camelbak bottle. It's works, in touching a little on the toptube.

Posted: Jun 8, 2020 at 5:48 Quote
bengtleon wrote:
I can probably swap my big 600ml fidlock over to the bike once I get it.

Also I found out today that it will be the 2021 Lyrik ultimate on it and not the 2020 Lyrik ultimate, so that was a nice surprise, I always thought it was the 2020.

Posted: Jun 8, 2020 at 6:50 Quote
guiv34 wrote:

I have a problem with it : Before I believed that the wheel has problem with the bearing because, I have some play in the back.

But I 've checked and rechecked again and I found that today : when I tight well (aprox 10N.m) the wheel have play, when I tight less, no play at all...

Any idea ?

I had the same, contacted hunt and they said the rear bearings probably aren’t seated properly. They’ll pay for your local bike shop to fix it!

Posted: Jun 8, 2020 at 7:56 Quote
In case anybody still having some slight issues with the rear shock being a little rough on the bumps,

I recently sprayed the rear shock with the Maxima SC1 – .
The rear feel so much more supple than before –

best tuning maneuver I've done so far

Posted: Jun 8, 2020 at 7:58 Quote
Victory80 wrote:

Really nice. Curious to hear how the Scott shock runs on this bike.

This frame is still giving my next build a run for its money.

Posted: Jun 8, 2020 at 11:18 Quote
Deadweight wrote:
guiv34 wrote:

Any idea ?

I had the same, contacted hunt and they said the rear bearings probably aren’t seated properly. They’ll pay for your local bike shop to fix it!

Very weird.
I don’t think it’s came from the bearing I checked them and are ok. More, the play should be here when it’s not well tight too.
Today I remove the little tiny spacer between the freehub microspline and the hub bearing in the drive side and no more play.

Posted: Jun 8, 2020 at 17:18 Quote
Hoser007 wrote:
Just got my frame today. It looks stellar! Does anyone have tips on getting the dropper cable threaded through the down tube? I tried removing the metal cable ports on the frame but they don’t come out easily.

Ran a regular shifter cable with the head inward first – from the bottom upward to the upper outer port with a pretty powerful magnet – however I still could not get the cable head through the small opening at the top with or without the port open instead –
was able to reach the cable head through the head tube opening and then push the head of the cable through the port

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007872
Mobile Version of Website