Privateer Bikes 161

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Privateer Bikes 161
Author Message
Posted: Jun 29, 2020 at 7:14 Quote
sir-hc wrote:
For me the megneg was an improvement, more supple off the top. Although did get some midstroke harshness, so reduced the negative by two bands, which as a better compromise

I also fitted the MegNeg to improve small bumps sensitivity. As I didn’t want to loose too much of the poppy/pedally character of the bike, I installed 3 bands in the negative chamber. To achieve the right amount of progression with 30% SAG, I also removed both spacers in the positive chamber.

Posted: Jun 29, 2020 at 9:41 Quote
jkalis wrote:
I did many rides with my Privateer P1 without any issue. I check my bike regularly (I spent a lot of time doing mechanics on my bike since day one, switch parts, etc.).

After my last ride (normal ride, nothing special) I discovered I had chain rub on the chainstay, which I’m 100% sure was not there before. After checking it seems that in rare occasions I may have chainsuck from the top, which I can reproduce e.g. by pedaling backward very very quickly while being on the smallest sprocket. Note that I’m using a non-boost crankset which put the ring close to the chainstay (few millimeters), but I’m sure that the rubbing comes from the chain, not the ring.
It’s pretty sad because I did my best to protect the frame from scratches (wrap, etc.) and to have a clean build, and now I have a deep scratch on my chainstay!

Did it happen to anyone too?


Yea, Mine is doing this as well. Its a bit of a bummer. Also, what sort of chain Stay Protector are you running? Looks ribbed on the top.

Posted: Jun 29, 2020 at 10:07 Quote
Superbike2001 wrote:
jkalis wrote:
I did many rides with my Privateer P1 without any issue. I check my bike regularly (I spent a lot of time doing mechanics on my bike since day one, switch parts, etc.).

After my last ride (normal ride, nothing special) I discovered I had chain rub on the chainstay, which I’m 100% sure was not there before. After checking it seems that in rare occasions I may have chainsuck from the top, which I can reproduce e.g. by pedaling backward very very quickly while being on the smallest sprocket. Note that I’m using a non-boost crankset which put the ring close to the chainstay (few millimeters), but I’m sure that the rubbing comes from the chain, not the ring.
It’s pretty sad because I did my best to protect the frame from scratches (wrap, etc.) and to have a clean build, and now I have a deep scratch on my chainstay!

Did it happen to anyone too?

Yea, Mine is doing this as well. Its a bit of a bummer. Also, what sort of chain Stay Protector are you running? Looks ribbed on the top.

What rear mech are you using ?

Posted: Jun 29, 2020 at 11:03 Quote
NordicRider wrote:
Yeah R-M-R pretty much summed up why I would want megneg. I am just hoping that the bike comes this week, so that I can throw on the stuff I have bought for it, instead of having it laying around taking up space on my desk.

I know your pain. I have replacement parts at home since April... Smile

Posted: Jun 29, 2020 at 11:54 Quote
griffa wrote:
NordicRider wrote:
Yeah R-M-R pretty much summed up why I would want megneg. I am just hoping that the bike comes this week, so that I can throw on the stuff I have bought for it, instead of having it laying around taking up space on my desk.

I know your pain. I have replacement parts at home since April... Smile
are you still waiting for your bike that was supposed to come in april?

Posted: Jun 29, 2020 at 12:44 Quote
yahav91 wrote:
griffa wrote:
NordicRider wrote:
Yeah R-M-R pretty much summed up why I would want megneg. I am just hoping that the bike comes this week, so that I can throw on the stuff I have bought for it, instead of having it laying around taking up space on my desk.

I know your pain. I have replacement parts at home since April... Smile
are you still waiting for your bike that was supposed to come in april?

Nope. Mine was May WK4.

Posted: Jun 29, 2020 at 13:07 Quote
griffa wrote:
yahav91 wrote:
griffa wrote:


I know your pain. I have replacement parts at home since April... Smile
are you still waiting for your bike that was supposed to come in april?

Nope. Mine was May WK4.
May WK2 for me, hopefully we will all have them sooner rather than later. I got a AB chainring, STFU chainstay protectors and a mudguard laying around, so not something that takes up a lot of space, just annoying

Posted: Jun 29, 2020 at 13:31 Quote
My full build arrived today! Sad I have to work tomorrow... but can’t wait to see how she rips!

Posted: Jun 29, 2020 at 14:21 Quote
NordicRider wrote:
griffa wrote:
yahav91 wrote:

are you still waiting for your bike that was supposed to come in april?

Nope. Mine was May WK4.
May WK2 for me, hopefully we will all have them sooner rather than later. I got a AB chainring, STFU chainstay protectors and a mudguard laying around, so not something that takes up a lot of space, just annoying

Stfu is hard to put on these chainstays...

Posted: Jun 29, 2020 at 14:55 Quote
Has anyone set this up with 220mm rotors? Curious what adapter was needed.
if not, im still curious about a 180-203mm adapater for the rear!

Posted: Jun 29, 2020 at 15:03 Quote
guiv34 wrote:
NordicRider wrote:
griffa wrote:


Nope. Mine was May WK4.
May WK2 for me, hopefully we will all have them sooner rather than later. I got a AB chainring, STFU chainstay protectors and a mudguard laying around, so not something that takes up a lot of space, just annoying

Stfu is hard to put on these chainstays...
I am willing to take that challenge, but worst case I put it on my jeffsy or sell it to a mate.

Posted: Jun 29, 2020 at 15:20 Quote
stevescootz wrote:
Has anyone set this up with 220mm rotors? Curious what adapter was needed.
if not, im still curious about a 180-203mm adapater for the rear!

Get a 40+ adaptor and you'll be fine

Posted: Jun 29, 2020 at 15:38 Quote
NordicRider wrote:
guiv34 wrote:
NordicRider wrote:

May WK2 for me, hopefully we will all have them sooner rather than later. I got a AB chainring, STFU chainstay protectors and a mudguard laying around, so not something that takes up a lot of space, just annoying

Stfu is hard to put on these chainstays...
I am willing to take that challenge, but worst case I put it on my jeffsy or sell it to a mate.

I have put 1/2 stfu , the shortest one. I didn’t have lot of confidence about the fixation of the long one. But it’s possible. My goal is to remove after some test rides the poor chainstay protector, that is not glued properly.
https://m.pinkbike.com/photo/18929488/

Posted: Jun 30, 2020 at 1:53 Quote
Superbike2001 wrote:
Yea, Mine is doing this as well. Its a bit of a bummer. Also, what sort of chain Stay Protector are you running? Looks ribbed on the top.

Raaw Madonna’s chainstay protector.

Since I reported the problem I added extra protection to prevent the chain from rubbing my chainstay and it worked pretty well so far!


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006363
Mobile Version of Website