Privateer Bikes 161

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Privateer Bikes 161
Posted: Oct 18, 2020 at 6:44 Quote
Seems like the rear linkage saga continues.
I was out on the trails today and I noticed some high pitch noises when turning sometimes, so I thought it was maybe some rotor bolts that needed tightening. For fun I went over the linkage bolts because the linkage had felt a bit off, slower than usual, but I mostly blamed that on the cold weather. Turns out one of the linkage bolts is faulty, you can turn it all you want in either direction and it just jumps into these notches, I checked the other side and it feels fine. I have linked to a streamable video where you can see me turning and my hand kinda jumps a bit when I hit those notches (basically each time my hand stops it hits one of these notches).
Anyone else that have had this?
I plan on contacting Hunt/Privateer about it when I get home.
https://streamable.com/lxs13p

Posted: Oct 18, 2020 at 9:06 Quote
I ended up taking the whole linkage apart. No sings of wear anywhere, no friction in the system from what I could tell, just a lack of grease here and there. This makes me wonder how the bolt could come loose then. I think that I will classify the weird shock feel to the fact that the air is quite cold now. First time for everything I guess heh.

Posted: Oct 18, 2020 at 14:05 Quote
Happy to discover that it was just a false alarm!

Posted: Oct 19, 2020 at 1:13 Quote
jkalis wrote:
Happy to discover that it was just a false alarm!
Yeah, I gotta say that it was a huge relief, but man it has some tight fits that makes it quite challenging to just take apart, though it is quite simple at the same time.

Posted: Oct 19, 2020 at 2:17 Quote
Has anyone tried fitting the fidlock 590/600 on the 2020 meta am in medium? Does it fit?

EDIT: posted in the wrong thread, sry

Posted: Oct 20, 2020 at 23:47 Quote
How long did people's bike take from the day they asked for payment to delivery? Got asked for the balance yesterday but I'm away the week after next so debating asking them to push it out until the week after.

Posted: Oct 20, 2020 at 23:51 Quote
Shoe2190 wrote:
How long did people's bike take from the day they asked for payment to delivery? Got asked for the balance yesterday but I'm away the week after next so debating asking them to push it out until the week after.

Mine almost 2 weeks, but was first batch, then it went south. They keep pushing delivery dates then you have the odd one showing up early, so who knows! One thing, it does actually rip!

Posted: Oct 21, 2020 at 0:00 Quote
adespotoskyli wrote:
Shoe2190 wrote:

Mine almost 2 weeks, but was first batch, then it went south. They keep pushing delivery dates then you have the odd one showing up early, so who knows! One thing, it does actually rip!

Yeah mine was originally due 2 week of October so it's late already but I haven't been too bothered by the wait its more i don't want a courier leaving it in my garden for a week or something stupid.

Posted: Oct 21, 2020 at 6:12 Quote
Shoe2190 wrote:
adespotoskyli wrote:
Shoe2190 wrote:

Yeah mine was originally due 2 week of October so it's late already but I haven't been too bothered by the wait its more i don't want a courier leaving it in my garden for a week or something stupid.

Mine was slated to show up wk4 September, then was delayed to wk4 October, then October 8th I got an email saying it was ready for payment and shipping. I paid it right away and it dispatched the next day.

Posted: Oct 21, 2020 at 8:07 Quote
Good to know cheers. Id love to have it before i go away although going away is looking less and less likely again now.

Posted: Oct 23, 2020 at 7:33 Quote
Arriving tomorrow!!!!
Invisiframe and raaw madonna chainstay protector at the ready!!!!
Hopefully the downtube protector arrives today...
Went with nukeproof...

All recommended on this forum. Cheers!

Posted: Oct 23, 2020 at 21:46 Quote
Please post pics when it’ll be fitted !

Posted: 3 days ago Quote
Which one of the Nukeproof Downtube Protectors will fit? Mega 275 Alloy?

Posted: 2 days ago Quote
benbaer wrote:
Which one of the Nukeproof Downtube Protectors will fit? Mega 275 Alloy?
nukeproof dissent is the popular one, but the stock one works fine if you don't get a bad one

Posted: 1 days ago Quote
Thought I'd just post a vid my mate did of moi on me privateer 161! I hope you enjoy Smile
https://www.pinkbike.com/video/526351/

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007557
Mobile Version of Website