Privateer Bikes 161

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Privateer Bikes 161
Posted: Nov 11, 2020 at 3:11 Quote
Thank you for your advise, I put my home made alloy shims in the back pivots, and the axle seems to don’t rotate on the chainstay anymore.

O+
Posted: Nov 11, 2020 at 4:13 Quote
Have you contacted Privateer about this? Although I think you will be fine with the homemade shims I believe that they could just send you a couple of bolts as a more permanent solution, they have been great helping as far as I know..

guiv34 wrote:
Thank you for your advise, I put my home made alloy shims in the back pivots, and the axle seems to don’t rotate on the chainstay anymore.

Posted: Nov 11, 2020 at 23:57 Quote
Did someone try a 32t oval on the 161? Max teeth are 34 so I guess it is to much?

Posted: Nov 12, 2020 at 0:12 Quote
The diameter of an oval chainring is usually ±2 T, meaning a 32 T oval is usually 30 T on the minor axis and 34 T on the major axis. Most 32 T oval rings should work.

Posted: Nov 12, 2020 at 2:15 Quote
I wrote to privateer about this actually and a 32T absoluteblack should fit because at its biggest it is slightly smaller than a 34T.

Posted: Nov 12, 2020 at 3:17 Quote
Thanks guys , I would want the SRAM DM one because of the X-Sync 2 technology. I compared the standard NW who anyone uses with3 the second gen from SRAM. Game changer for me tbh.
By pulling the chain you can clearly see that the SRAM will hold it way longer.
I also used the absolute black and I was impressed how long it lasted...

Posted: Nov 12, 2020 at 4:56 Quote
Serpentras wrote:
Did someone try a 32t oval on the 161? Max teeth are 34 so I guess it is to much?

I use a boost 30T oval chainring from garbaruk on e13 cranks and it's a tight fit, like a couple of mm from the chainstay,

Posted: Nov 12, 2020 at 6:06 Quote
adespotoskyli wrote:
Serpentras wrote:

I use a boost 30T oval chainring from garbaruk on e13 cranks and it's a tight fit, like a couple of mm from the chainstay,
Thanks, that means you can't go higher?

Posted: Nov 12, 2020 at 6:44 Quote
On my set up the ovalized part of the chainring catches on the shifter cable when is a bit loose, so I had to make sure it didn't move or bulge out. Also had issue fitting two sram x1 cranks direct mount and the traditional 4 bolt 104bcd. It fouled the chainstsy in both occasion and looked like the solution was a reversed boost chainring. I then used an 83mm bb width dh crank and some hacks... No it works great

Posted: Nov 12, 2020 at 6:51 Quote
Serpentras wrote:

32t Absolute Black oval on my P2, close to the stay but fine.
This is on the full-build supplied SLX crank.

Also - the chain seemed to suck back and hit the stay sometimes when pedalling backwards on the shimano ring, it doesn't do it on the AB ring.

Posted: Nov 13, 2020 at 4:51 Quote
Privateer warrantied my frame after my dropout pivot wear issue (more info in this very thread). On the new frame the pivot is very different: caps are no longer contacting the frame, actually there is ton of space.

Dropout pivot on my new 161 warranty .

It should work like a charm now!

Posted: Nov 13, 2020 at 5:01 Quote
Good to see they have fixed the issue reported. Takes a bit of worry off now for people who have frames on order

O+
Posted: Nov 13, 2020 at 5:57 Quote
jkalis wrote:
Privateer warrantied my frame after my dropout pivot wear issue (more info in this very thread). On the new frame the pivot is very different: caps are no longer contacting the frame, actually there is ton of space.

Dropout pivot on my new 161 warranty .

It should work like a charm now!

My bike showed up last month and has similar gaps. No issues with frame rub for me.

O+
Posted: Nov 13, 2020 at 7:43 Quote
Will that gap just attract dirt and grime? I wonder if a thin plastic or rubber shim would help keep things clean? Cool to see a running change from a small, new company like this.

Posted: Nov 13, 2020 at 7:50 Quote
dirtnapped wrote:
Will that gap just attract dirt and grime?

A sealed cap would be a better solution, of course, for dust/moisture prevention. But at least the pivot is working as intended now. It just needs to be kept clean.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014076
Mobile Version of Website