Privateer Bikes 161

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Privateer Bikes 161
Posted: Jan 1, 2021 at 7:08 Quote
gpgalanis wrote:
Hi guys. Happy new year! Do the longer chainstays in the P4 also mean more tire clearance? Is it possible to run a 2.6 x 29 tire in the back with enough clearance?

29 x 2.6 fit on the P3 with lots of room to spare.

Posted: Jan 1, 2021 at 7:14 Quote
subwaypanda wrote:
gpgalanis wrote:
Hi guys. Happy new year! Do the longer chainstays in the P4 also mean more tire clearance? Is it possible to run a 2.6 x 29 tire in the back with enough clearance?

29 x 2.6 fit on the P3 with lots of room to spare.

I run Goodyear Newton 2.6s they run small for 2.6 but there is more than enough room

Posted: Jan 1, 2021 at 8:15 Quote
Great guys! Thank you very much!

Posted: Jan 1, 2021 at 9:36 Quote
gpgalanis wrote:
you can run pretty much anything you like at the back size wise!

Posted: Jan 1, 2021 at 16:16 Quote
Anybody want to share a good way to route the derailleur cable? Right now no matter where I make slack it anyways ends up having a loop by the water bottle, which means the housing is sliding in two zip ties every time the suspension compresses.

I don't see why they didn't just put a zip tie mount on the drive side like they did for the brake line routing

Posted: Jan 2, 2021 at 7:12 Quote
Serpentras wrote:
I am coming from a Spindrift 2017 and I think it is harsh. But I also think not many bikes could get that plush feeling.
I am currently shopping for a coil. Not sure witch one + most or them are not available right now Anyway..

I just have bought a superdeluxe ultimate coil to compare with the air version with megneg.
I will tell you my feelings after some laps. I just don't know what spring use for my 60kg - 25%sag.

Posted: Jan 3, 2021 at 14:05 Quote
Short timelapse video of my build.

Views: 148    Faves: 1    Comments: 0

Privateer bikes 161

Full gallery here:
https://www.pinkbike.com/u/roks/album/Privateer/

If i would need to describe it in just a few words, it would be something along the line of: "Super fun, but needs (wants) to be pushed hard!"

Posted: Jan 3, 2021 at 18:32 Quote
mxracer185 wrote:
Anybody want to share a good way to route the derailleur cable? Right now no matter where I make slack it anyways ends up having a loop by the water bottle, which means the housing is sliding in two zip ties every time the suspension compresses.

I don't see why they didn't just put a zip tie mount on the drive side like they did for the brake line routing

you are externally routing the derailleur cable then?

Posted: Jan 3, 2021 at 22:58 Quote
gutterdog wrote:
mxracer185 wrote:

you are externally routing the derailleur cable then?

The derailleur cable and the brake hose can get pushed and pulled by suspension movement. They have a bad cable routing near the BB. My frame got scratches on that chain stay because the cable pulls to much.

I saw some pictures from the German forum where the guys used zip ties trough the main pivot to hold it with less movement. I will try that when I need to replace my BB also.

Posted: Jan 4, 2021 at 1:27 Quote
Yeah my derailleur cable has sawed a small groove in to my chainstay too. Everyone should probably check theirs, as it’s behind the chainring and hard to spot!

Posted: Jan 4, 2021 at 1:30 Quote
If I place an order now, will the Brexit affect prices & shipping costs?

Posted: Jan 4, 2021 at 1:40 Quote
gpgalanis wrote:
If I place an order now, will the Brexit affect prices & shipping costs?

I ordered one from France and, since then, the price bumped up from roughly 3500€ to 4000€ (Brexit consequence?). As they contacted me for a delay in my order, they confirmed that the price listed when I placed my deposit will be the one I'll pay.
You should ask them the question but I'll be surprised if the costs change for you between your order and the delivery.

Posted: Jan 5, 2021 at 10:32 Quote
melonhead1145 wrote:
There is a huge delay in parts somewhere. Next Delivery of 161 full builds is May week 4 (when mine is scheduled for), but frames are arriving Jan week 4.

When I asked about why it was may wk4 they told me its when the next batch of frames comes in so not parts delay

Posted: Jan 5, 2021 at 10:57 Quote
fyfe612 wrote:
melonhead1145 wrote:
There is a huge delay in parts somewhere. Next Delivery of 161 full builds is May week 4 (when mine is scheduled for), but frames are arriving Jan week 4.

When I asked about why it was may wk4 they told me its when the next batch of frames comes in so not parts delay

I ordered my bike in May and it came in October. I think with them being a newer brand and not knowing how much demand there may be they are on more of build to order model. It also reduces the size of their facility since they wont have a surplus of unsold bikes and frames. Just a guess. But I’ll say the bike was well worth the wait for me.

Posted: Jan 5, 2021 at 11:06 Quote
Hello all.

Is someone experiencing some harshness with a clunking noise from their SuperDeluxe Ultimate?

There is as strange "step" in the movement when you compress and decompress the shock.

MegNeg did not fix the problem.

Video: https://youtu.be/_eIGZUVv5js

Thank you.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009175
Mobile Version of Website