Privateer Bikes 161

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Privateer Bikes 161
Posted: Jan 26, 2021 at 5:27 Quote
Yes, where ist this?

Posted: Jan 26, 2021 at 5:27 Quote
IliasArk wrote:
melonhead1145 wrote:
On Facebook someone combined at YT thirstmaster bottle with a B-RAD to get a 600ml fidlock into a P2.

I bet that’s with an air shock though...

Yes, It's with the SuperDeluxe air, however I think it might fit with a coil, especially on a P3, as this was on a P2. I would link the photo but it's in a private group. Privateer Bikes Owners Group, if anybody wants to find it.

O+
Posted: Jan 26, 2021 at 5:29 Quote
melonhead1145 wrote:
IliasArk wrote:
melonhead1145 wrote:
On Facebook someone combined at YT thirstmaster bottle with a B-RAD to get a 600ml fidlock into a P2.

Yes, It's with the SuperDeluxe air, however I think it might fit with a coil, especially on a P3, as this was on a P2. I would link the photo but it's in a private group. Privateer Bikes Owners Group, if anybody wants to find it.

Things are easier when running the air shock since it is slightly smaller, just enough to clear some kind of bottles... I tried the Brad with the Fabric bottle and it is still a no go.. Frown

O+
Posted: Jan 26, 2021 at 5:29 Quote
Lokomotive wrote:
Yes, where ist this?

Athens, Greece! Smile

Posted: Jan 26, 2021 at 7:01 Quote
https://www.pinkbike.com/u/dan-roberts/album/Privateer/

OwO whats this

Posted: Jan 26, 2021 at 7:30 Quote
IliasArk wrote:
melonhead1145 wrote:
IliasArk wrote:

Things are easier when running the air shock since it is slightly smaller, just enough to clear some kind of bottles... I tried the Brad with the Fabric bottle and it is still a no go.. Frown

photo

Wolftooth B-RAD 2 with Fidlock 590ml bottle on P2 just fits, it's only 2mm away from the shock when actuating. I put helitape on the underside of the top tube where bottle rubs sometimes when I put it on or take it off.

O+
Posted: Jan 26, 2021 at 8:09 Quote
puffballs wrote:
IliasArk wrote:
melonhead1145 wrote:

photo

Wolftooth B-RAD 2 with Fidlock 590ml bottle on P2 just fits, it's only 2mm away from the shock when actuating. I put helitape on the underside of the top tube where bottle rubs sometimes when I put it on or take it off.

I am almost certain it won’t fit with a coil shock... Frown I got a 450 bottle on the way which I’ll try soon on my bike.

Posted: Jan 26, 2021 at 9:00 Quote
A mate has a small framed Ebike and uses the canyon eject system as it creates extra space where the base of the bottle would be. Might be worth a look.

https://www.canyon.com/en-gb/gear/accessories/bottle-cages-and-bottles/bottle-cages/canyon-eject-hydration-system/166965.html

Posted: Jan 26, 2021 at 9:10 Quote
T4THH wrote:

OwO whats this

Looks like a full build 141. Must be the first delivered? I’ve not seen any full builds yet.

Posted: Jan 26, 2021 at 9:40 Quote
melonhead1145 wrote:
T4THH wrote:

OwO whats this

Looks like a full build 141. Must be the first delivered? I’ve not seen any full builds yet.

I'd say that it's the photo album of the bike PB tested a while ago

Posted: Jan 26, 2021 at 10:06 Quote
What brake pads come with the MT5's? did you need to upgrade them?

Posted: Jan 26, 2021 at 10:26 Quote
melonhead1145 wrote:

No need the BRAD to get a 600ml on a P2 with the air shock if you choose the good bottle cage. The specialized for exemple is good for that.

Posted: Jan 26, 2021 at 11:46 Quote
thedad71 wrote:

Pretty sure they come with the performance pads as standard.. can't comment what they are like though.... Mine wont be here until May (I hope it's not delayed)

Posted: Jan 26, 2021 at 12:58 Quote
melonhead1145 wrote:
thedad71 wrote:

Pretty sure they come with the performance pads as standard.. can't comment what they are like though.... Mine wont be here until May (I hope it's not delayed)
Cheers, I was hoping that. Mine not due to until May as well. Just noticed that the price has gone up on the website to £3023, not a big increase but an increase.

Posted: Jan 26, 2021 at 14:00 Quote
While we're on the subject of water bottles, I'll take this opportunity to rant that cycling needs to ditch the old standard of ⌀2⅞" (73 mm) and start using ⌀3½" (89 mm), like a Nalgene. With a flat top (no nozzle), existing ⌀3½" bottles have 60%+ more capacity than existing bike water bottles for a given length. A 1 L Nalgene is the same length as a ~0.6 mL bike bottle and a 1.5 L Nalgene fits in the length of a 0.75 mL bike bottle.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.023933
Mobile Version of Website