Privateer Bikes 161

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Privateer Bikes 161
Posted: Feb 22, 2021 at 20:50 Quote
This guy must shred hard with that tire pressure and weight. Or it is just a 27,5 wheel.
On hard surface with 50% rocks and roots I am just below that pressure @78kg

I am surprised how low I can go with this carbon stuff..

Posted: Feb 24, 2021 at 9:11 Quote
I messaged Privateer and found that my 141 that had been delayed to April Week 4 is now scheduled for May Week 4. Just a heads up for anybody expecting a 141.

Posted: Feb 24, 2021 at 15:48 Quote
poikniok wrote:
I messaged Privateer and found that my 141 that had been delayed to April Week 4 is now scheduled for May Week 4. Just a heads up for anybody expecting a 141.

Yep same for me - I found out a month ago. Said they would email when confirmed, but May Wk 4 was a “worse case” scenario.

Posted: Feb 25, 2021 at 0:14 Quote
Sorry about your luck guys, it really sucks waiting that long but I am 100% confident you will enjoy your bikes, I know this sounds like a politically correct reply but trust me, you will!

On a different note, what do you guys think about the stock headset on your 161/141s? I got a slight “ticking” from the headset, it isn’t much but it can be annoying at times, not a big deal of course.

Posted: Feb 25, 2021 at 0:21 Quote
I've not heard anything about delays of the may week 4 batch of 161s but I wouldn't be surprised.

Then again I haven't asked privateer

Posted: Feb 25, 2021 at 9:04 Quote
simonnewell wrote:
poikniok wrote:

Yep same for me - I found out a month ago. Said they would email when confirmed, but May Wk 4 was a “worse case” scenario.

Hope it is worst case scenario for 161 also... ordered November 23rd and forecast for wk 4 may.... dragging now

Posted: Feb 25, 2021 at 9:07 Quote
fyfe612 wrote:
simonnewell wrote:
poikniok wrote:

Hope it is worst case scenario for 161 also... ordered November 23rd and forecast for wk 4 may.... dragging now

I ordered the week the 141 was launched... September Eek

Posted: Feb 25, 2021 at 9:14 Quote
simonnewell wrote:
fyfe612 wrote:
simonnewell wrote:

Same for me : ordered one in September, scheduled for the end of January, postponed to the end of April and now to the end of May...
I mean, we all understand the problem behind it, but it's starting to bother me a bit Smile

Posted: Feb 25, 2021 at 12:23 Quote
JackyStyleTom wrote:
simonnewell wrote:
fyfe612 wrote:

Same for me : ordered one in September, scheduled for the end of January, postponed to the end of April and now to the end of May...
I mean, we all understand the problem behind it, but it's starting to bother me a bit Smile

I mean, i regret selling my bike in Dec, but there's nothing that can be done. The guys were pretty straight up about it, which for me, is worth a lot. Can't really blame them for the delay.

Posted: Feb 25, 2021 at 14:18 Quote
I'm holding off selling my current bike until atleast my 161 is being shipped, just in case it is delayed. Hopefully have it in june but we shall see!

Posted: Feb 26, 2021 at 9:56 Quote
What are you guys using for chainstay protection? the one on the 161 doesn't look particularly durable (unless it is)

Posted: Feb 26, 2021 at 10:12 Quote
Most I saw use the Madonna RAAW chainstay protector but I don't see the reason. My bike is ready to race since 2020, Oct 20.
Using pressure washer, still in place despite the fact that it was not perfectly glued and would not bond on the last part near the deraileur cable hole on the back. Same for the down tube.

Posted: Feb 26, 2021 at 10:13 Quote
Serpentras wrote:
Most I saw use the Madonna RAAW chainstay protector but I don't see the reason. My bike is ready to race since 2020, Oct 20.
Using pressure washer, still in place despite the fact that it was not perfectly glued and would not bond on the last part near the deraileur cable hole on the back. Same for the down tube.
Fair enough, I will see when it gets here. Thanks.

Posted: Feb 26, 2021 at 12:08 Quote
thedad71 wrote:
What are you guys using for chainstay protection? the one on the 161 doesn't look particularly durable (unless it is)

I am running the Madonna chainstay protector, it’s just a better design... Proof is that Privateer has a similar one in the works.. Smile

Posted: Feb 27, 2021 at 1:39 Quote
thedad71 wrote:

VHS 2.0 is top notch or STFU if you dont mind the looks.

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006966
Mobile Version of Website