Kona Fire Mountain

PB Forum :: Kona
Kona Fire Mountain
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Dec 6, 2019 at 20:28 Quote
Who is this bike meant for? What kind of rider? I can’t seem to figure this one out.

Posted: Dec 7, 2019 at 0:16 Quote
It's been their entry level general mountain bike for about 30 years. So it's meant for someone who getting into the sport and wants a bike that goes off road. Nothing special

But my first real MTB was a 91 fire mountain I bought new when I was 11. Great bike for me way back then. Still remember looking at the Klein's and Cannondale's hanging in the shops around that time... Thought those were amazeballs

Posted: Dec 7, 2019 at 6:06 Quote
So it’s comparable to the Trek Marlin and Specialized Rockhopper? I’m new to this and have never really heard of Kona.

Posted: Dec 7, 2019 at 11:05 Quote
Yep that would be a good comparison. Kona has been stand for a while. They make great bikes. Durable and fun.

Posted: Dec 7, 2019 at 12:14 Quote
I’m just not familiar with them. Trek, Giant and Specialized are stores in my area. Do they not advertise? Are the components different/better? Frame? I’m just wondering what Kona offers and why I should buy one.

Posted: Dec 7, 2019 at 12:43 Quote
If you're comparing lower tier bikes they'll all be pretty similar. Nothing to write home about. If you don't have any local dealers and you aren't shopping online it's pointless.

Best bet will be to compare what you have available locally and see how that compares to what available online at steep discounts.

Obviously sizing is key, pointless to buy a bike that's either to large or small

Posted: Dec 7, 2019 at 13:31 Quote
So in my price range, it comes down to the best deal huh?

Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 15:11 Quote
JimTurkey wrote:
So in my price range, it comes down to the best deal huh?
Probably true, but there are other reasons to maybe buy a Kona. I like Kona because the bikes are designed around the trails here, so work really well in this terrain (North Shore/ PNW). Plus, they don't seem to take things too seriously. I've volunteered with, and taught the children of, some of the distributors and people who work in their Canadian operation. They really support the sport at a grass roots level, stay ahead of the curve with their technology, and seem to be in it for more than just a business to go to 9-5. That speaks volumes to me, and I'd like to support that.
Honestly, go take one out at your dealer. While riding a bike around a parking lot might not tell you which bike is for you, you'll know right away which one isn't for you.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.004830
Mobile Version of Website