Deore B6000 Brake Bleed

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Deore B6000 Brake Bleed
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Dec 7, 2019 at 4:28 Quote
I've just tried to bleed my M6000 brakes for the first time and seen that the design has changed - there's no longer a standard bleed nipple. According to the manual AtI need to use what they call a tube holder and adaptor to hold the syringe tube onto the bleed boss. Unfortunately, there's no part numbers and I can't find them online. I don't want to buy a full bleed kit if I can help it as I've got everything else i need. Does anybody know what I need or have any alternative suggestions?

Thanks for the replies. I have the funnel, syringe and tubing but not the tool and adaptor that hold the tube to the caliper. I'll try without this and see what happens. Why on earth did Shimano change the design so that it doesn't have a standard bleed nipple? It's ridiculous.

Posted: Dec 8, 2019 at 16:46 Quote
Shimano should have a bleed kit with the funnel and syringe. Obviously make sure you have bleed blocks as well

Posted: Dec 9, 2019 at 4:58 Quote
I think a tight fitting tube over the bleed boss would suffice, it's not a pressure bleed

Posted: Dec 12, 2019 at 4:12 Quote
Inny wrote:
I've just tried to bleed my M6000 brakes for the first time and seen that the design has changed - there's no longer a standard bleed nipple. According to the manual AtI need to use what they call a tube holder and adaptor to hold the syringe tube onto the bleed boss. Unfortunately, there's no part numbers and I can't find them online. I don't want to buy a full bleed kit if I can help it as I've got everything else i need. Does anybody know what I need or have any alternative suggestions?

Thanks for the replies. I have the funnel, syringe and tubing but not the tool and adaptor that hold the tube to the caliper. I'll try without this and see what happens. Why on earth did Shimano change the design so that it doesn't have a standard bleed nipple? It's ridiculous.
Bleed boss is just for securing tube, you can use tube in the same way as on bleed nipple before, just be careful tube won't slide while bleeding.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.004803
Mobile Version of Website