Respect your elders

| Next Page
Posted: Dec 8, 2019 at 6:18 Quote
TibZ wrote:
I thought this thread would be a tribute to our brave elders, turns out to be one more sterile -e- or not to -e- bike «discussion».

the internet Smile

Posted: Dec 8, 2019 at 10:51 Quote
gnarnaimo wrote:
[ ... ] which part was he correct about?

Pretty much everything he stated was premised upon e-bikes appealing to only low-effort riders; all the other statements were derived from this. For some e-bike owners, he's correct. The problem arises from him extending this to all e-bike riders, so let's agree this generalization is not correct and we can dismiss all subsequent conclusions.

I've met, and ridden with, e-bike owners who don't enjoy the intense efforts of climbing. They're perfectly capable of keeping up with group ride, they just prefer to not work so hard. That's not how I think mountain biking should be, but it doesn't negatively affect my enjoyment and I have no authority over how they choose to enjoy it. I recognize this doesn't represent all e-bike riders, as I laid out in my previous post.

TibZ wrote:
I thought this thread would be a tribute to our brave elders, turns out to be one more sterile -e- or not to -e- bike «discussion».

It's probably the most controversial topic in mountain biking, but you're right, we're well off-topic. So yes, the rider in the original post is awesome and something to which we should all aspire. Let's open another can of worms: When I'm that age, if genetic techniques are available that can restore my body to its condition in my 20s, SIGN ME UP! I'll use every tool available - e-bikes, genetics, synthetic replacement organs, etc. - to ride like I did in my younger years!

Posted: Dec 8, 2019 at 12:52 Quote
[Quote="R-M-R"]
gnarnaimo wrote:

It's probably the most controversial topic in mountain biking,!

weather mountain bikers that got to old to pedal up the hard stuff should be allowed to ride an e bike ? - or not ride at all.

because they don't have the physicality left ?

no argument, let em ride...

Posted: Dec 8, 2019 at 13:09 Quote
I meant the whole subject of e-bikes, not the sub-issue of e-bikes for riders who are unable to ride unassisted.

Posted: Dec 9, 2019 at 7:41 Quote
e bikes-e cars-e cigarettes Maybe the Shaman were wrong ?

| Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.004962
Mobile Version of Website