Starting my new build mondraker dune

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Starting my new build mondraker dune
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Dec 7, 2019 at 12:22 Quote
So I brought a second hand mondraker dune frame from pink bike last week was uming an aring weather to get it wrapped as the condition wasn’t the greatest after getting prices etc decided that it wasn’t for me if I damage it and had to remove then the frame would look crap as the wrapper wanted to sand the frame on damaged areas after a test wrap we discovered that the writing on frame would also need sanding back so I had to have a rethink then it came to me my mate jason sprays cars would he do it short story No but he recommended a guy Martin who works for vehicle solutions in Cheltenham that do powder coating give him a call so I did had chat took bike in Friday morning he was happy with what I took him chose colour metallic gun metal grey left it with him 330 same day got a phone call all done WoW went and picked it up. Well what a result it looks fantastic really happy so today I started building back up frame shock all back together I have a vitus sommet that I brought last year which I will strip as I have upgraded pretty much whole bike lyrik charger 2 dt Swiss e1700 Saint brakes 1x11 xt groupset raceface bars stem saddle one up 170mm dropper maxxis tyres so I will try and upload pics as I go please let me know your thoughts and suggestions will keep everybody updated

Posted: Dec 7, 2019 at 12:23 Quote
Nick2701 wrote:
So I brought a second hand mondraker dune frame from pink bike last week was uming an aring weather to get it wrapped as the condition wasn’t the greatest after getting prices etc decided that it wasn’t for me if I damage it and had to remove then the frame would look crap as the wrapper wanted to sand the frame on damaged areas after a test wrap we discovered that the writing on frame would also need sanding back so I had to have a rethink then it came to me my mate jason sprays cars would he do it short story No but he recommended a guy Martin who works for vehicle solutions in Cheltenham that do powder coating give him a call so I did had chat took bike in Friday morning he was happy with what I took him chose colour metallic gun metal grey left it with him 330 same day got a phone call all done WoW went and picked it up. Well what a result it looks fantastic really happy so today I started building back up frame shock all back together I have a vitus sommet that I brought last year which I will strip as I have upgraded pretty much whole bike lyrik charger 2 dt Swiss e1700 Saint brakes 1x11 xt groupset raceface bars stem saddle one up 170mm dropper maxxis tyres so I will try and upload pics as I go please let me know your thoughts and suggestions will keep everybody updated

Posted: Dec 7, 2019 at 12:28 Quote
Have uploaded to pink bike can see old green and new grey

Posted: Dec 8, 2019 at 5:49 Quote
Post the pics here please, and most importantly, punctuation exists for a reason man.

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005083
Mobile Version of Website